Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of Warner Brs/Turbine games

13»

Comments

• nosam9nosam9 Member Posts: 21

Been playing Lotro for years. Turbine is a terrible company. No concern for one player except image - although they will generally try to sort things out. In Lotro if you submit a ticket with a problem, they send you an autoreply email and then close the ticket. Only if you reply will they in fact work on it - and so many players report never hearing from them.

Turbine NEVER admits they did anything wrong, and their forums are all about PR and damage control. They delete posts that make them look bad, and delete or bury in other forums any posts they don't want players to see. This is a terrible company. No honest in their communications, never willing to say they are sorry, rarely update players on problems. In Lotro, many subscribers are not getting their monthly 500 TP. Turbine knows about this, and will give it to players who notice, but refuse to discuss the problem and have not fixed it. Beware!

Turbine's main forums are heavily censored - they delete critical posts, but you can read players views about the new expansion and Lotro on other Lotro forums

• BingoBongBangoBingoBongBango Member Posts: 24

2 people have posted that they have been multiple charged since Monday one last night and one guy is a military vet (not that it makes any real difference ... but feel for him more as he may not get his pension this month with government shut down) ....

Which is why I don't give any credence to them posting "the issues is fixed" in a side forum ... the same thing happened last time and it took them another 3-4 weeks to really fix it .. and that was to do a roll pack on the billing servers ... if we keep seeing people getting 100+ charges I think they'll be forced to do a roll back again ...

And I'm not to only one complaining of them deleting posts .... right now. A new admin joined 3 days ago and he/she's having field day with insta deleting posts that are giving them feed back that's negative and brings up that the problem is not fixed  ... along with Cordovan "Turbine Community Relations" title has been deleting posts as well .... strangely they leave some posts well alone .. like the Military Vet. guys post

I copied my response after they deleted my post today into notepad and just keep reposting it when they delete it ... rinse and repeat....   until I get bored :-P

• nosam9nosam9 Member Posts: 21

So it has been a week since Turbine found out about this and it is still happening to players. One player wrote yesterday:

Billed twenty? times for two accounts!

Really? I sent a ticket for both accounts. According to this statement I owe 29.00 for each returned request due to insufficient funds. Wow. I hope that I hear back. I'm stunned. Wow. Bad timing Turbine.

You would think that completely draining players account of thousands of dollars would be serious enough that they would make sure this stops. All I see from this company is incompetence.

The new Expansion Helm's Deep looks pretty bad too. They spent so little money on it they could not include any dungeons or raids in this $40 "expansion".

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    This has happened to most subscription games at one point or another if you go back and look at the history over a ten year period. Stuff like this has definitely had a contribution to the overall decline of subs and the rise of F2P. People do not trust giving their credit card out over the internet anymore and for a good reason. This could happen to any game that uses a recurring subscription. Having $6000 drained and your bank account frozen could turn even the most die hard subscription player into a F2P convert over night. Stories like that are enough to cause others to loose confidence in the system as well. Even though this happened to Turbine, major events like this will have a reverberating effect through the entire industry just like SoE hacking and security breach did two years ago.