Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Were Are Peeps Getting These Nice Itms?

BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
I have worked my way up to MP4 and I havnt found any upgrades at all.  All the yellow an orange items I find are junk.  Is there a trick Im missing or will this get better with Loot 2.0?  I know these items must drop somewhere,  people are selling them on the AH ;).

Comments

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Best way to get good loot (ilvl 63) is to do MP1-2 in speed runs and having high MF/Paragon levels. The closer you are to MF 300% (cap) the more loot you get and the better chance you get a good ilvl 63 rolled loot. Of course a lot of the game relies on luck of the draw (be sure to have 5 stacks of NV at all times). Also some items like rings and amulets only require ilvl 62 and a perfect roll to massively boost your stats (esp if they roll with the CRIT DMG and CRIT chance as well as the ATK SPD stat). It's been proven be more beneficial to run thru the game and killing everything fast than run a high MP game and killing slow / dying so only do the MP you are comfortable with.

Generally recommended levels:

35,000 - 50,000 DMG suggested MP 1-2

50,000 - 75,000 DMG suggested MP 2-3

75,000- 100K DMG suggested MP 4-5

100K - 125K DMG suggested MP 5-6

125K - 150K DMG suggested MP 6-7

150K - 175K DMG suggested MP 7-8

175K - 200K DMG suggested MP 8-9

200K+ suggested MP9-10

Note: it's recommended from MP 1-5 to have at least 36-40K HP and around 500-600 resistance to all. If you are going to do the higher MP above 5 it is recommended to have at least 700 resist to all and around 40K-50K HP so at least you can survive getting hit a couple times before dying.

Note that as your gear gets to the top it gets harder and harder to find gear (probably a dozen run for 1 upgrade). Also if you buy from the RMAH/AH upgrades tend to be more expensive EXPONENTIALLY. Gear that can boost your Damage over 100K can cost a ton of money (50-100M+) those people with 200K damage pretty much have top line gear and they probably spend several hundreds million gold on it.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

If you play enough, you will get lucky.

I got some very nice items, though most i cannot use, and have sold them in the AH/RMAH so i can buy upgrades.

Before i decided to sell all my stuff and prepare for the expansion, i get my wizard up to 520k+ dps and it took quite a while. While i use the RMAH to sell my stuff, and pump that money back into gear, i never spent a dime of my own. In fact, i made the game back.

So it can be done .. just you have to play quite a bit. The best items i have found are a cc mempo that sold for like $50 and a LS echo fury with a gem slot that also sold for a similar amount.