Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Enough People Still Play World PVP In This MMO?

I am downloading it on Steam right now, I like PVE but I enjoy World PVP more. I am hoping there is a World PVP server with at least 500-3000 online 24/7. If not then I probably won't play it, I can't play a MMO even if I like it but if it doesn't have a good population then I won't play it.

Comments

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327
    There is a wolrd server now that EU/US servers merged, but that numbers online 24/7? Not sure. Pve server has more activity I think then PvP server. Fury is the most pop. pvp version.
  • thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    I think you'd find more satisfaction with a game like Eve Online or Darkfall, where world pvp is at the core of gameplay with a population dedicated to it.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Macrinus101
    I am downloading it on Steam right now, I like PVE but I enjoy World PVP more. I am hoping there is a World PVP server with at least 500-3000 online 24/7. If not then I probably won't play it, I can't play a MMO even if I like it but if it doesn't have a good population then I won't play it.

Age of Wushu, if you haven't heard. It's the most feature rich civil ffa world on the market with people. Check out the forum here for videos and info. Feel free to pm or ask here with questions, IF Conan is not your thing. Good luck!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Macrinus101Macrinus101 Member Posts: 44
    So the Fury PVP server reallly has the highest population for PVP? Like would I beable to find huge battles with a lot on screen at once? I remember age of conan had some sieges thing. It seems like the developers might be lying about population numbers since I see it said "Medium Load" on all the servers 24/7.
  • f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by bcbully

Age of Wushu, if you haven't heard. It's the most feature rich civil ffa world on the market with people. Check out the forum here for videos and info. Feel free to pm or ask here with questions, IF Conan is not your thing. Good luck!

Yea, Age of Wushu! If you like stupid Asian graphics where you can fly around with horrible combat animation.

Looks so epic! Spin! Spin! Spin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVrBXp54-sY

Fuck Yea!

No, I don't like the Asian setting of Age of Wushu. Also, many asian MMO's are annoying, when you get into a big World PVP battle all you hear is constant Grunts and screams and that annoying female anime voice, I hate that annoying crap. They better remove those sounds for the Western version of Black Desert Online and Bless.

Anyway I rather play Age of Conan than Age of Wushu, only playing AOC if I am satisfied with the pvp population though. So is there still big epic world pvp battles? Like with 20-100+ players on screen? On the Fury server since this one is supposedly the most populated pvp server.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Anyway I rather play Age of Conan than Age of Wushu, only playing AOC if I am satisfied with the pvp population though. So is there still big epic world pvp battles? Like with 20-100+ players on screen? On the Fury server since this one is supposedly the most populated pvp server.

Hmm, Its not quite like how it works. Today there are still pvp players left, but they are spread out in the game mostly. Some gathering places still exists like always, like Keshatta entrance. Players gather in these area to pvp against each other and sometimes gank lower lvl players....

The other type of pvp arena is minigames, where teams of 6-12 (12-24 player matches) goes up against each other to slay and score points for gaining pvp xp, lvls and such. Not exactly epic, but this is most common these days. These games start up very often daily.

Something new is "unchained" minigames, but this is not released yet from devs. Basic principle is that everyone fights each other on most possible equal terms, so skill will count more here. Most likely arrives early 2014 I think.

Last option, and most likely most famous is sieges. But these are not completely open world. They are guild vs guild battles, where the largest guilds fights over Battlekeeps that exist in certain areas of the game. There are only 6 of them on each server, so many guilds want them as a sign of strength.

To enter these battles, who are up to 48 vs 48 players, you need to be invited in/allowed to enter the fight with one of the sides in the fight. So you need to rise up to lvl 80, get the gear and skill needed, and join a large and strong guild.

Did you get a larger understanding of pvp in Aoc atm now? :)

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

open world PvP feels real in AoC actually I only need to have AoC for great PvP

especially on a Blood and Glory server with corpse loot

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Is there world pvp? here is the sad truth about it.

there is some, but most of the time people stand around dueling, the populations are low people dont epic battle over territory and sieges have never worked right. but as you level up by yourself in a almost empty world you will get ganked from time to time.

now if you would of played Aoc when it frist came out, you would of experienced what your looking for. people all over the place battleing over hunting spots and quest. it was a TON of fun.

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Yes there are sieges 48 vs 48 still going on.. was in one 2 days ago.. open world pvp is there, a lot of dueling in khesetta all day long.. if u play, please have patiance until u hit lvl 80. thats when u meet most players. I was in a huge open world battle today.. guild vs. guild.. prob 20 vs 20 in khitai.. Game is healthy these days.:D
    Originally posted by Andistotle
    Yes there are sieges 48 vs 48 still going on.. was in one 2 days ago.. open world pvp is there, a lot of dueling in khesetta all day long.. if u play, please have patiance until u hit lvl 80. thats when u meet most players. I was in a huge open world battle today.. guild vs. guild.. prob 20 vs 20 in khitai.. Game is healthy these days.:D

What server are you on?