Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things that missing from MMORPG's that you'd like to see

13»

Comments

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    A crafting system that isnt one upped by PVP or raiding. SWTOR made crafting completely useless and unnecessary. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

More skill based or more customization within a class.  Rift does this better then most but I'd like more options.

Meaningful non-combat features.  Crafting, fishing, gathering, etc. are little more then feature list add on.

Item destruction which ties into meaningful crafting.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Stone_Fountain
    A crafting system that isnt one upped by PVP or raiding. SWTOR made crafting completely useless and unnecessary. 
    And don't forget boring. The player does not even craft. The companions do it all.

"Hey lizard face. Go fetch me some mats and then craft me some stuff."

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

deleted - oops.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    At a broader level, more innovation, more individuality and more immersion. Those are a given. At a more immediate level, I would like to see more uncertainty and more unpredictability. We are all too familiar with how these games work, we discuss them in terms of their underlying mechanics instead of the experiences they offer. That's just fucking dull. What I want is to be thrown back into the unfamiliar and be forced to 'unlearn' everything I think I know about MMOs. I want developers to be less timid. I want players to be more open to change instead of demanding the same damn features in every game. What's missing from MMORPGs that I'd like to see return is a sense of adventure.