Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GTA V is so disappointing.

2»

Comments

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by tixylix

I cannot even listen to the radio this time around, most of it is complete crap, there are only like 1 or 2 good stations, no way near as memorable as previous games.... probably because it's a lot of modern music :

After reading that bit at the end.. I've decided to ignore everything you've said.

That's one of the stupidest comments I've seen anyone make about GTA V. The REASON there are different stations is to provide variety to a massive audience... you are not supposed to like them all. If you can't grasp that then everything else you have said is subject to doubt and criticism.

Totally personal impression. Why even bother to tell others about it? Ah yes, ranting and hating. Not constructive comments.. just plain old moaning. Sorry your music and gameplay tastes are so out of date.. but that's your problem, not the rest of the world's problem.

You sound like Randy Marsh in season 15 ep 7, "You're Getting Old"

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    I am interested in online and hopefully it will be a robust experience. I wanted to buy the game for XBOX360 but might just wait for PC version to release. IDK. The only thing that would keep me from the purchase is the fact that in the last 3 GTAs...I reach a point where every game session just becomes me getting some money..buying a sniper rifle with shit-tons of ammo,stealing enough cars to block up the entry ways and ramps of the parking garage and spending hours at the top level sniping... first citizens,then cops,then FBI. It always ends badly.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by causs
    To all it's own. I am halfway through the game right now, and I find the game a-ma-zing. The only thing I'm not sure about is if this is my game of the year, or The Last of Us...

since i have never been a GTA fan i wont buy it until either pc or next gen version is released. So my game of the year is Tomb Raider.

I havent played The Last of Us. I really want to play it but that will only happen if Naughty Dog ever bring it to next gen.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by tixylix

I just don't see how the reviewers overlooked all the problems with the game. They always do this, I end up playing a game and wondering how it got perfect reviews. I thought Bioshock Infinite's problems were obvious, the gameplay wasn't fun, it felt dated and I couldn't believe in the story when I was killing thousands of waves of A.I. It just felt like such a cop out in game design, you have Portal 2 doing something amazing and totally different, they could have so easily made it into a shooter, yet they took a risk and made a whole game that was so different. Then you have Bioshock Infinite and it just decided to be a shooter, not even a good one, it felt worse than Bioshock (on PC) in terms of controls and it made no sense to the story. The Last of us as well, the opening was amazing, what I wanted from a Zombie SP game, then it just turned into every other TPS where you kill waves of enemies........... I'm so bored of mindless shooting in games, the stories have outgrown the dated mechanics. I'd much rather a 10 hour game based on the first 20 mins of The Last of Us, than the rest of it that was based on GeOW.

On to GTA V though, I just find the game so generic and the map really disappointing. First of all it feels in no way bigger than GTA:SA, RDR and GTA 4 combined, it feels really small, I was expecting more. That isn't even the problem, I'm just bored of having this big world and yet I still cannot go in most of the buildings, I find it frustrating running around looking for a building that hasn't just got textures for windows. I just want it to be like an Elder Scrolls game where I can break into peoples houses and mess around with the A.I, GTA V has none of that, the world doesn't feel full of like as a result, it just feels like loads of randomly spawned NPCs. 

Then I hate the game mechanics, like the shooting isn't as bad this time around but I still find the movement to be really slow and clunky, it's as if you're fighting the animation of your character, or he has a turning circle of a truck. The stealth mode sucks, it's barely any different and it's hard to tell if you're in it or not, you end up clicking a few times to just make sure. I want to go stealth mode like Hitman, however in reality it doesn't work like that and most fights just end up in mindless shoot outs. Like why can't I strip people and wear their clothes to blend in like Hitman? I want to be able to fool the A.I... you just cannot do that in missions. 

Why has the driving model been dumbed down? It was amazing in GTA 4 and it's like they just turned it back to what it used to be. Cars don't damage as much as GTA 4 either and if you try to they'll randomly explode, they give you no warning like catching on fire like previous GTA games, it's so annoying. Most the time my car wheels will get damaged and I cannot drive any more but the car will look totally fine... I WANNA BE ABLE TO WRECK CARS AGAIN! 

Why does my character get killed so easily now? Seriously you have a crash and you'll die, a few shots from an NPC and you'll die, the slightest fall and you die. I want to be able to mess about but all the time I just die so fast and it takes the fun out of it. Why whenever I die, I cannot watch my character fall until he stops, no it just respawns straight away... IT SUCKS!

None of the characters are likeable, they're all crazy and one dimensional, all the women in the game are one dimensional, everything is just a stereotype. What happened to the step forwards they made in GTA 4? That game had way better characters that you could start to relate to, GTA 5 has just decided to go over the top and crazy but it doesn't work like previous GTA games did. They're not funny most of the time, they feel really under developed and any story they did have at the start just gets turned into shit. Like I liked Franklin and Michaels to start with, however their storyline quickly ends for MORE CRAZY WITH TREVOR. Then the game goes over the top and stupid...

I'm just disappointed with the whole game, it feels generic, lots of it feel really dated, it feels like a step back in some cases. I just play the game thinking, I'm done with GTA, I do not need another one. I was expecting some big changes, the city to be more interactive, but it ends up feeling no different to previous GTA games in that respect. I cannot even listen to the radio this time around, most of it is complete crap, there are only like 1 or 2 good stations, no way near as memorable as previous games.... probably because it's a lot of modern music :

oh well.

90% of what you wrote would be personal preference, not exactly problems with the game.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

GTA is and always was GTA. Its whole point is and always was "lots of mindless fun". For me, the emphasis was on "mindless" a lot more than on "fun". It's pretty much a "shooting gallery" type of game, only you are moving. Story is, was and forever will be unbelievably stupid; mechanics are as simple as possible to allow the player to leave piles of bodies behind without too much thinking or tactics and in no way realistic; it's as much "game" as Postal was.

*shrug* those who like that type of gameplay - love it, those who don't, like me - do not play it. I remember loading GTAIV and uninstalling it in 20 minutes with disgust. Probably will try this one, at some point in the future... Or may be not; after promotional videos have no desire whatsoever.

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    ouch just fell over a new "im never happy with anything" hater thread:D
  • onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Grahor

GTA is and always was GTA. Its whole point is and always was "lots of mindless fun". For me, the emphasis was on "mindless" a lot more than on "fun". It's pretty much a "shooting gallery" type of game, only you are moving. Story is, was and forever will be unbelievably stupid; mechanics are as simple as possible to allow the player to leave piles of bodies behind without too much thinking or tactics and in no way realistic; it's as much "game" as Postal was.

*shrug* those who like that type of gameplay - love it, those who don't, like me - do not play it. I remember loading GTAIV and uninstalling it in 20 minutes with disgust. Probably will try this one, at some point in the future... Or may be not; after promotional videos have no desire whatsoever.

If you didn't like any of the other GTA games, you wont like this one.

Its a GTA game, the standard GTA game play style is going to be there.   

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

"I just don't see how the reviewers overlooked all the problems with the game."

When you enjoy a game enough, you have a higher chance of overlooking some of its less desirable qualities. I loved the past GTA games, for example, despite the fact that I hated how the engine wipes anything that happened behind you, as a method of saving system memory. Zeno Clash was a great game despite the godawful voice acting. Final Fantasy has a major core base of players despite some heavy and tedious grind. 

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    To all it's own. I am halfway through the game right now, and I find the game a-ma-zing. The only thing I'm not sure about is if this is my game of the year, or The Last of Us...

You have got to be kidding, that is not even close.

The Last of Us by a landslide. 

GTA 5 is decent, but TLoU is epic

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by psiic

You have got to be kidding, that is not even close.

The Last of Us by a landslide. 

GTA 5 is decent, but TLoU is epic

The Last of Us is my game of the year.