Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raid size : poll

cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
Choose what size raid you prefer.  I hope the devs read this.

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Why limit it to such small numbers? That's not a raid thats a skirmish. 100+ please. Make it feel epic.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Why limit it to such small numbers? That's not a raid thats a skirmish. 100+ please. Make it feel epic.

Impossible to organize that many people and execute a strat for a complex fight.  They would have to dumb it down

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Raid size should be flexible and content should adjust and scale.

I wouldn't consider anything below 20-man a raid anyways so start there and go up.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by cesmode8

Impossible to organize that many people and execute a strat for a complex fight.  They would have to dumb it down

Uh... it wasn't impossible in all the MMOs that had big complex raids in the past. WoW is the game that dumbed raiding down, more people and more complex raids are possible.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Uh... it wasn't impossible in all the MMOs that had big complex raids in the past. WoW is the game that dumbed raiding down, more people and more complex raids are possible.

In every large raid Ive been in, its mostly button smashing with too many things going on the screen at one time and most have absolutely no idea what impact they are having. Oh boy what fun. 

There Is Always Hope!

• TurtlesrunTurtlesrun Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Alders

Raid size should be flexible and content should adjust and scale.

I wouldn't consider anything below 20-man a raid anyways so start there and go up.

Hi-Five to you sire in complete agreement 10mans are just a big party not a raid 20mans are only just passable 40mans is a good start I would not mind seeing high amount of players in a raid with multi bosses and difficult engages would be amazing but ill love doing 40mans again

• Bandaid47Bandaid47 Member Posts: 38

Nah, ive seen organized fights in Darkfall that had 300+ on each side, and it doesn't get any more complex than pvp.

However...with pve raids...getting 100 people together is going to mean multiple clans or pugging a large amount of people.

I think under 30 over 18 is a good raid size.  Its still large but not too large where most guilds wont be able to do them.

That's the problem with larger raids...only the largest guilds will have that many people on at any given time able to do the raid and in the proper party composition.

In all honesty...I kinda like token rewards for dungeon runs at endgame.  No loot arguments, no "same weapons dropped the last 5 runs and no one needs it"...and with this type of token reward system...doing something like scaled dungeons...where a team of 12 or a team of 64 could enter it and just give an extra token or so per additional player...something like that I think is the best solution imo.

The themepark im playing now does loot in a great way...token rewards buys the better gear but stuff still drops that will be more than good to tide you over until you save the token up.

Always hated mega raids with just dropped loot...it was such a pain to distribute the loot accordingly and ended up with some people who were competent in raids but didn't farm dungeons all week stuck running raids just to run them...while 30 other people got their gear first....that sucks.

More I think about it the less I like larger raids.  Its kinda cool to be a part of them every now and then...I guess.