Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Endgame update?

gessekai332gessekai332 New York City, NYPosts: 877Member Common

i played pretty hardcore from launch until the halloween patch last year then quit, and i was wondering how much has changed since then that would potentially make me come back to play again. I had a level 80 engineer, 60 something guardian, and i think I maxed out on at least 1 or 2 crafting professions i dont remember which.

Specificallly questions I would like answered:

1) Have they added any new permanent dynamic events or replaced old ones?

2) Have they added more dungeons?

3) Have they added new rewards to old dungeons?

4) Is there a point to WvW now except the endless cycling of one server winning one week followed by another server in the next week?

5) Can PvP be taken seriously now? Did they add new rewards/prestige skins at least?

6) Have they added more permanent storyline or open up new areas of the map?

7) Are there any actual goals for guilds to aspire towards?

8) what is the content of these biweekly updates?

i really supported the game at first but later got bored then the last straw was the asanine cash grab that was the halloween event (lotto box/keys) which made me lose all trust in arenanet. I was also told that dynamic events would be replaced throughout the world so that exploration and questing would stay fresh but they never made good on that promise at least during the time i was there. Anyway, hats off to all of you who still play the game. Even though I dont play anymore, i will always be looking for that window where I can make my return.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Comments

• MeowheadMeowhead New Carlisle, INPosts: 3,716Member
    Originally posted by gessekai332

1) Have they added any new permanent dynamic events or replaced old ones?

They've just recently replaced Tequatl with a new one, they added the Scarlet invasions, there added the skritt thieves, several events in Southsun, things with the uh.... I forget the name of it.  NPC guild, some events with them.  They added quite a few in November, then not many since then, until just recently, where they've done two major ones, but it's supposed to be part of a push towards adding more permanent content every 2 weeks, so we'll see how it goes from here.

2) Have they added more dungeons?

Since October?  They added the fractals.  Multiple mini-dungeons.  I'm not sure how many that is.  8?  9?  Something like that.  They're adding two more fractals to the list before the end of the year, which are revamps of two of the temporary dungeons added before. They revamped all the Ascalonian Catacomb dungeons.  

3) Have they added new rewards to old dungeons?

Every dungeon gives gold once per day per path.  Almost all champions in the game (And the ones in dungeons) drop champion bags, which have various loot in them, so that's a good boost in the dungeon.

4) Is there a point to WvW now except the endless cycling of one server winning one week followed by another server in the next week?

Funny you should ask.  Starting in October they're doing some sort of WvW tournament where there will be server wide rewards for the servers that do the best.  Like skins and things.

5) Can PvP be taken seriously now? Did they add new rewards/prestige skins at least?

They did add some new skins.  I play sPvP, but not seriously, so I can't really answer you that.  They've had a tournament with a cash prize, anyway.  That's more serious than no cash prize, I guess.

6) Have they added more permanent storyline or open up new areas of the map?

They've only added Southsun since you've been there.  And a few little areas in various maps... jumping puzzles, a little town, some mini dungeons.

7) Are there any actual goals for guilds to aspire towards?

Unlocking all the guild event things, then using the guild events to get guild members commendations.  By now, most decent sized guilds have unlocked it all though, that's been several months.  Still, guilds tend to do the events per week because it is the only way to get guild commendations, which can buy various rewards for players.

8) what is the content of these biweekly updates?

An assortment of things so far.  They've just recently finished adding holidays, and just started the bi-weekly schedule, but they've added a couple permanent things and one 'player choice' type thing (The elections) that is supposed to change how the living story storyline goes from here on out.  Supposedly with the holidays out of the way this next year around they're supposed to be adding more permanent rather than recurring (Like the holidays) content, since they have a lot of things like the minigames already done.  Since we haven't overlapped a holiday yet, can't really say though.

To give an example of patches, this patch added the new Tequatl fight (permanently) and changed the WvW borderlands maps (Ditto).

Previous patch put in Super Adventure Box (for a month), gave weapon crafting up to 500 and ascended weapons, along with adding T7 materials to various parts of the game. (That part permanently)

Patch before that added the Scarlet invasions (permanently) and the Scarlet dungeon (For 2 weeks)

• NaqajNaqaj Frankfurt am MainPosts: 1,673Member

1) Yes, pretty much every patch comes with new DEs. The fractals patch in November for example had over 30 new ones, which were promptly ignored as everyone was concentrating on fractals. 

2) Yes, though so far only the fractals were permanent. There was also Molten facilities, Aetherblade Retreat, and most recently Scarlets Funhouse. More are scheduled this year, permanent ones at that.

3) There have been several tweaks to dungeon rewards, mostly related to the gold you get for completing a run, and to discourage farming and encourage players to run a greater variety.

4) No. WvW is about your server beating the others for bragging rights. Though there seem to be some guilds who are organizing structured guild fights. edit: completely forgot about the WvW tournament thing. So yeah, there'll be more to WvW soon.

5) I presume serious PvPers play for winning, not for shinys. Can't really tell, not my thing.

6) Southsun is a permanent addition, Bazaar of the 4 winds was a temporary one. The Living Story is ongoing, so if you missed a part of it, you'll just have to pick it up with where it is now.

7) Guilds can unlock various special challenges, ranging from bounty hunts to jumping puzzles to scavenger hunts. Those activities earn guild buffs as well as individual rewards, but the latter are still within the general reward system of "different looks, but same stats".

8) Living Story. There's basically a monthly release that is delivered in 2 parts, which drives the story of the world forward, and includes all kinds of different content: new dungeons, characters, maps, reworks of older content, achievements and respective rewards ... Esentially everything that would usually come as part of a large expansion can be delivered via Living Story updates.