Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I was Blizzard I would be very worried right now...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

When I launch a content that supposed to last for 7 months and some of my guilds are already 9/14 heroic mode and more on the first day I would be kinda worried.

But then again WOW caters to the majority and majority wants it easy, I just don't see a reason anyone to continue their sub when they clear content within first week or even month. For me PvE is secondary thing in WOW, but still it's something I do that justifies the sub beside PvP.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Kopogero

When I launch a content that supposed to last for 7 months and some of my guilds are already 9/14 heroic mode and more on the first day I would be kinda worried.

But then again WOW caters to the majority and majority wants it easy, I just don't see a reason anyone to continue their sub when they clear content within first week or even month. For me PvE is secondary thing in WOW, but still it's something I do that justifies the sub beside PvP.

Don't worry.

The D3 expansion will sell a tons, and as will the SC2 Protoss "expansion". WOW is not the only game making money for Blizz.

Oh, even for WOW, you didn't see the news that they are going to put a cash shop into WOW? After that, subs are a lot less important than making sparking ponies.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Blizzcon is around the corner image

http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/virtual-ticket/

November 8 and 9, 2013

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Dont feel too sorry for Blizzard...They've made more on WoW in 9 years than most MMOs would make in a hundred.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

All thanks to the strat guides and videos your guild mates have followed, without these they'd be stuck on the first few bosses of normal mode.

I think many forgot that guilds put months and hundreds of hours of time in these raid when they're on the PTR and when it goes live every other guild just goes and follows there strat guides to the letter, no need for a 100 wipes learning the fight cus wez gotz guidez.

WoW raiding as with anything is easy if some one has done the hardwork for you and tells you what to do.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    If Blizzard had a dime for every time a player felt Blizzard should be worried...

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    Not everyone plays wow for raid content, so a few people rush through the content but most won't and anyway people will still have to run the content a number of times to gear a whole guild of raiders so the content will last those people a good few months yet.
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

If I was Blizzard, I'd just sit back and continue doing things as always while raking in large amounts of cash.  There's no way to win against super hardcore players.  Every game can be completed in an incredibly short amount of time if the desire is there.  These hardcore players do the MMO equivalent of speed runs with the goal being to reach the end and then complain when they get there.  Most casual players would never get to see end game if it was more time consuming.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

For bleeding edge guilds, I would imagine that a lot of the "play" was actually happening on the test server.  The live release is just the final sprint of a journey they've been on for months.

You're talking about 2% of *raiding* guilds who have downed even a single boss in heroic.  If you're going to focus on a segment of the population that small, then you might as well talk about the longevity of the fishing content and worry that that fishermen are going to burn through their new content too soon.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

"you told us so"

am I right?

what do I win?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    If Blizzard had a dime for every time a player felt Blizzard should be worried...

They do.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Well lets see OP.. your not Blizzard, you didn't launch anything and you are one of  those that want a "EASY" mmo. World of Warcraft has been easy for many years. Those that wanted hard ..stop playing many years ago.
    Originally posted by Ujirik

If I was Blizzard, I'd just sit back and continue doing things as always while raking in large amounts of cash.  There's no way to win against super hardcore players.  Every game can be completed in an incredibly short amount of time if the desire is there.  These hardcore players do the MMO equivalent of speed runs with the goal being to reach the end and then complain when they get there.  Most casual players would never get to see end game if it was more time consuming.

Yeh, and it is pretty clear that Blizz cares about the casuals. Otherwise, they won' be putting in LFR, and flex raid, so everyone can see the final raid content.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Blizzard has "Hearthstone" on the horizon...and this game is going to make them a fuck ton of money.  I've even heard anecdotal evidence that because of Hearthstone beta, people are returning to WoW. For how long? Who knows. But Blizzard isn't in any danger really.
    Originally posted by Drakephire
    Blizzard has "Hearthstone" on the horizon...and this game is going to make them a fuck ton of money.  I've even heard anecdotal evidence that because of Hearthstone beta, people are returning to WoW. For how long? Who knows. But Blizzard isn't in any danger really.

In fact, was there any game, made by Blizz, after the first Warcraft, that did NOT make them a ton of money? I don't think so.

• yurilowell1983yurilowell1983 Member Posts: 6
    Blizzard is far from needing to be worried.  People say things like this all the time.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by yurilowell1983
    Blizzard is far from needing to be worried.  People say things like this all the time.

I think Blizzard is trying to figure out how to stop de dropping numbers of subs and their income....  I am pretty sure that if they make the right move they can. Pull many veterans back intoo the game... Sadly their analists have no clue what that move should be..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I bet thier shaking in thier boots. No wait nevermind, they are only wearing swimsuits, swimming in all the money generated by the best and most dominant mmorpg ever made, you know the one that keeps this genre afloat. World of Warcraft.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

how is one new raid supossed to last 7 month?

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by rojo6934

how is one new raid supossed to last 7 month?

There will be a new raid that launches with eso and wildstar and before the next expac comes out.
  • IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    ya, they should worry about other MMOs fails after fails; they are worried about their next MMO though lol

gameplay > graphics

• monkey_crushermonkey_crusher Member Posts: 41

Yes, I'm sure they're worried about people liking their game so much that they try hard to complete the content.

In a market which they've dominated for years.

Petrified.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Blizzard probably made enough money the last decade to last them for the next 5 decades, lol... and they are still making $$

I think worry is the last thing on their minds.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Yeah, I'm sure Blizzard is worried...while they are rolling around naked in piles of money.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

No game can afford to cater to content locusts and they certainly shouldn't be the audience that sets the bar for the rest of the players or the game's development cycles for that matter.

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105

less then 5% of the games players will clear hardmode SoO before the next expansion.  The hardcore raider market isnt the one they have to worry about.  Its a small percentage of their players and they know that WoW is the best in the business at consistent, properly tuned, challenging raid content.   Sure, some raids are tougher than others but for the most part the heroic raid content is quite hard, and hard for the right reasons, not due to improper tuning or mechanics that dont work like they should.  .