Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

WoW Movie Teaser

mxmissilemxmissile Layton, UTPosts: 267Member Uncommon

You posted an article about a teaser for the WoW movie then deleted it? What gives? It showed up in the rss feed.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/28582/WoW-Film-Teaser-Shown

Comments

• expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon
    image Interesting
  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,535Member Uncommon

two reasons

A: It was a hoax

B: We know that the big reveal on Blizzcon is now.

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Ellicott City, MDPosts: 157Member
    filming starts in Jan. 2014/Vancouver or so the press said some time ago

gameplay > graphics

• expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by IridescentOrk
    filming starts in Jan. 2014/Vancouver or so the press said some time ago

But there will also be test and concept shorts that could maybe be compiled into a teaser but to be honest as much as I love Warcraft I cannot help it wont do as well as it would have say 4 years ago.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

Why make a real movie?

i am quite sure that an annimation type of movie of the same level as the woW trailers would have justified the genre much much more....  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GormogonGormogon Waukegan, ILPosts: 188Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Why make a real movie?

i am quite sure that an annimation type of movie of the same level as the woW trailers would have justified the genre much much more....  

I'm curious about this too.  The current level of FMV trailer/cut-scene technology in the gaming industry can definitely support a feature-length film based on a fantasy game.

Maybe we'll get something like the He-Man movie with Medivh opening a portal to Earth to allow the Horde to ransack Vancouver, and the Alliance works with five plucky teens to drive them back to Azeroth by opening another portal using a contraption made with an umbrella, an iPhone, and a guitar controller for Guitar Hero!  image