Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is Diablo III so much better on a PS3 than both a PC and Xbox360

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Real question. I have played on all three. So far PS3's version seems very clean compared to the other two types. Heck the 360 version is pretty clean as well. Just not as good as PS3's version.

Coding issue? Or perhaps the game just runs better? Anyone else play on multi platforms?

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Real question. I have played on all three. So far PS3's version seems very clean compared to the other two types. Heck the 360 version is pretty clean as well. Just not as good as PS3's version.

Coding issue? Or perhaps the game just runs better? Anyone else play on multi platforms?

What exact difference do you see between PS3 and XBOX360 Version?

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    TV offers more colours/pixel and all that than ur PC monitor??? maybe, try hooking ur PC to the TV and see if there a different still in visial. Im gonna assume atm ur TV offers more dynamic colours all that good stuff than ur Monitor does. I know most TV are 120 hz refresh rate and there a clear difference going from 60hz monitor to a 120 hz monitor.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Well for me its both loading time and twitch movement. Like I said, Xbox 360 seems clean as well. Just seems a bit longer on load times. The twitch movement may be me. As I am much more comfortable with a PS3 controller than a Xbox controller.

The PC version is HORRIBLE compared to either the PS3 or Xbox.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Well for me its both loading time and twitch movement. Like I said, Xbox 360 seems clean as well. Just seems a bit longer on load times. The twitch movement may be me. As I am much more comfortable with a PS3 controller than a Xbox controller.

The PC version is HORRIBLE compared to either the PS3 or Xbox.

Maybe its the dodge roll?

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

If you think the PC version is horrible compared to xbox360 version something is SERIOUSLY wrong with your PC. Time to upgrade bro.

I run both the xbox360 version and my PC version on a 42 inch samsung lcd and the PC version completely blows away both console versions with its expanded view. The xbox version in particular suffers from some blurry textures similar to mipmapping in a 3d environment.

It was the FIRST thing I tested when I got D3 for console just to show my friends why PC gaming is still superior. That being said the console version is more fun to play with the accurate controls. I could never get D3 on PC to respond pinpoint accurately with my PC xbox controller.

The console version has a much closer angle version of the Camera script which causes a slightly subpar HD image, plain & simple.

It seems others feels the exact same way as I do and everyone else: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-diablo-3-face-off

[mod edit]

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Nevulus

If you think the PC version is horrible compared to xbox360 version something is SERIOUSLY wrong with your PC. Time to upgrade bro.

I run both the xbox360 version and my PC version on a 42 inch samsung lcd and the PC version completely blows away both console versions with its expanded view. The xbox version in particular suffers from some blurry textures similar to mipmapping in a 3d environment.

It was the FIRST thing I tested when I got D3 for console just to show my friends why PC gaming is still superior. That being said the console version is more fun to play with the accurate controls. I could never get D3 on PC to respond pinpoint accurately with my PC xbox controller.

The console version has a much closer angle version of the Camera script which causes a slightly subpar HD image, plain & simple.

It seems others feels the exact same way as I do and everyone else: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-diablo-3-face-off

So stop with your lies & misinformation. Oh yeah and to say the PS3 version is the best is laughable considering the PS3 version lacks a lot of the games directional lighting. Direct quote from article: " PS3 version neglects to apply directional lights from lamps on the ground texture maps below" and lets not forget the frame rate drop in the PS3 version. Once again stop lying.

It would seem it depends on your view.  As to misinformation and lies. I trust these guys alot more than the article you posted. http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/bad-news-pc-gamers-the-console-version-of-diablo-3-is-much-better-than-the

Calling someone a liar is not very nice. Considering I stated the reasons why I like the PS3 version. I have a top notch PC with 50.0 broadband and I love the console version compared to the PC!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

The console Version blows the PC Version out of the water, because it doesn´t have the AH and RMAH!

Especially the absence of the RMAH is a big win to me!

And so, it actually has a loot system that Works and makes the game more enjoyable!

Not the idiotic loot system currently present in the PC Version that completely revolves around People using the AH and RMAH!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Plays just as good on PC or console. You have more direct control on PC.. like, say.. choosing where you vault or something like that.. or dropping firebombs on the enemies at the back instead of the front. That kind of thing is IMPOSSIBLE on consoles. Managing your inventory has a lot of redundancy and is very time consuming compared to the PC as well.

The console version is a LOT easier though which makes this OK.

The main reason the console version is better is because less loot drops.. and what does drop is much more worthwhile. You have consistent progress and that makes the whole game flow better. When this balance comes to the PC version.. it's the clear winner.

Some people just prefer using a controller though.. it's more relaxing compared to being in the toilet seat position with your claws out on the PC. That's a good enough reason to prefer it on console, I'd say.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

The console Version blows the PC Version out of the water, because it doesn´t have the AH and RMAH!

Not after March 2014. No version will have any AH.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Oh gee only half a year from now and nearly two years since launch. You only get one shot at a first impression and D3 failed to impress many.

Originally posted by Jyiiga

Oh gee only half a year from now and nearly two years since launch. You only get one shot at a first impression and D3 failed to impress many.

And yet it sold 12M, and receives great reviews.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

Maybe people aren't as cut and dry as you.

If I spent $60 on a game, and didn't like it, but the company later made changes I was hoping for, I'm not going to "not like it' because of my first impression. That'd be royally stupid.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

Maybe people aren't as cut and dry as you.

If I spent $60 on a game, and didn't like it, but the company later made changes I was hoping for, I'm not going to "not like it' because of my first impression. That'd be royally stupid.

Yeah I had the foresight to get a refund.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    I let D3 slide by on first release because I was unwilling to upgrade the PC, they were screwing us out of the Paladin class and because I think that kind of dungeon-crawler's time has past. However, I d/l'd the PS3 Demo recently and I was actually impressed. Not blown away, but sufficiently piqued that I think I want to get this when they put the Crusader in the expansion. However, I'm not shelling out $60 for it. No way no how. So I'll probably end up getting this after the AH gets shut down. Fine by me.
    Originally posted by Scottgun
    I let D3 slide by on first release because I was unwilling to upgrade the PC, they were screwing us out of the Paladin class and because I think that kind of dungeon-crawler's time has past. However, I d/l'd the PS3 Demo recently and I was actually impressed. Not blown away, but sufficiently piqued that I think I want to get this when they put the Crusader in the expansion. However, I'm not shelling out $60 for it. No way no how. So I'll probably end up getting this after the AH gets shut down. Fine by me.

As a polished ARPG .... no one can beat D3. But again, there is no need to hurry.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305

As a polished ARPG .... no one can beat D3. But again, there is no need to hurry.

PoE is currently better as well as Marvel Heroes.  

Until they make the changes to Loot 2.0 and remove both AHs, it will remain that way.

Originally posted by onlinenow25

PoE is currently better as well as Marvel Heroes.  

Until they make the changes to Loot 2.0 and remove both AHs, it will remain that way.

Not in combat and polish.

PoE .. i play the game .. but the combat is not as fun, and that big diagram thing is just too cumbersome (the skill gem is a good idea though).

MH .. i play that too (see, i like ARPG, also TL2) .. and the combat is no where close to as polish and fun as D3. Just look at the lag (almost unplayable) in midtown. The tuning of blue/gold mobs (kind of mimic D3's elite/champ) is off, and fighting them is no where as fun as D3.

But of course that is just my personal preferences.

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

[mod edit]

I guess this is why consoles are winning over the gamers. 400-500 bucks and you can get a ps 4 or xbox 1. The most advance gaming consoles on the market. or you can spend 2k and get the best graphics card on the market...

I like poe but cant stand to play more then a hour before i get bored =P

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by ray12k

[mod edit]

I guess this is why consoles are winning over the gamers. 400-500 bucks and you can get a ps 4 or xbox 1. The most advance gaming consoles on the market. or you can spend 2k and get the best graphics card on the market...

Say what?

You do know people can use Google and search for PC's that can be built for $700 and play Battlefield 4. All consoles are  a closed system. BTW you are on this site on a PC. I can careless what you play on, your money. But don't spread BS...........And please don't say that a PC needs to be upgraded every six months. That is a clear sign of a moron!

Originally posted by Saryk

[mod edit]

Say what?

You do know people can use Google and search for PC's that can be built for $700 and play Battlefield 4. All consoles are  a closed system. BTW you are on this site on a PC. I can careless what you play on, your money. But don't spread BS...........And please don't say that a PC needs to be upgraded every six months. That is a clear sign of a moron!

whats bs? the top of the line graphics card is 2k.

And I dont play a console... you can get a comp for 500 bucks that will play bf 4 on min. So....

The point was console is turning into a better price point for gaming....

Read, read , read and learn to proccess ...  

[mod edit]

Say what?

And I dont play a console... you can get a comp for 500 bucks that will play bf 4 on min. So....

I did read and like I stated before pure BS. 

You mention top of the line video card is 2k, well for gaming it isn't needed, period. A 7870 of 660 TI is good for years... So your BS  falls short! 

I can spend $500 on a console or $700 for  PC (and a damn good one). Well lets state for the record that I can do a ton of more things with a PC than a console, even make console games if I dare. And access this website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But when it comes to gaming which we are talking about. I spend a lot less on gaming than a console, up to 50% off release games. So that $200 in savings isn't squat and I don't have to pay for some BS Gold or special access through the PS network.

You might want to start doing some research and know what you are talking about!

[mod edit]

Say what?

You mention top of the line video card is 2k, well for gaming it isn't needed, period. A 7870 of 660 TI is good for years... So your BS  falls short! 

I can spend $500 on a console or $700 for  PC (and a damn good one). Well lets state for the record that I can do a ton of more things with a PC than a console, even make console games if I dare. And access this website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But when it comes to gaming which we are talking about. I spend a lot less on gaming than a console, up to 50% off release games. So that $200 in savings isn't squat and I don't have to pay for some BS Gold or special access through the PS network.

You might want to start doing some research and know what you are talking about!

what a joke, 700 bucks on a  dam good pc.... You dont know what a good pc is...  On a console you can get used games ect... try again, %0% of new games, BS  you really have no clue.

Both cards you mention will be out dated in a year (if your'e trying to run max to mid graphics and run about 180 -250 bucks.   You really should think before you type.

[mod edit]

Say what?

what a joke, 700 bucks on a  dam good pc.... You dont know what a good pc is...  On a console you can get used games ect... try again, %0% of new games, BS  you really have no clue.

Both cards you mention will be out dated in a year (if your'e trying to run max to mid graphics and run about 180 -250 bucks.   You really should think before you type.

LOL, When you said that those cards will be outdated in a year, I knew I was dealing with amateur.

BTW used games? Steam sales.

[mod edit]

Say what?

LOL, When you said that those cards will be outdated in a year, I knew I was dealing with amateur.

BTW used games? Steam sales.

yeah, you really are lost in a preteen bubble.

Those cards dont even give top benchmarks on current games. Really... stop it. Going price point in a arguement about consoles is not the way to go... lol use a arguement of better graphics or i can do my home work on a pc ect....

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    The only way I can play this game is with a bot. I mean after you do it once why in the hell do you wanna do it over and over and over and over. Rmah with a bot is great but beyond that? And they are taking the rmah out .. Dang