Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keep receiving phishing email about account being shutted down....

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

That's annoying as hell, every 2 days i get that email. 

Problem i know it's a phishing email but the origin email is : [email protected], so if i tell my email program that this is spam, all guildwars2 legit email would be sended to the spam folder and i'll miss them.   Are you guys getting these too ?   Any idea how to get rid of them permanantly ?  Btw i havent played Guild Wars 2 in months.

Comments

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Go through the official guild wars 2 website and change the email attached to your account. Use a gmail account as those seem to be the most secure.

Also, place a support ticket with that screenshot. If no response in 48 hours, try once again.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I use to get them so I kept sending them to GW customer service so they would know about the emails. Eventually they stopped and my account has been just fine ever since.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

You can contact the head of Customer Service through the official forums.    She'll inform you whether or not your account is flagged (because your ID is your forum handle, so she can actually tell right then and there).  

But, you also check "full header" for your email, and you'll find that they're doing spoofed proxy address for the email that actually redirects to a completely different address than the one that is in the base header.  (If you have Yahoo, it's under the "Actions" drop down menu when viewing the email).

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I got a similar email from the exact same email address, and yes it is a phishing scam.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?