Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you want a Full Hardcore Full Skill based MMO

Profex7Profex7 Member Posts: 9

like this guy - http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/396051/page/1

then you need to go play www.mortalonline.com

Full PVP

Full Loot

No looted Gear ( everything is crafted)

and epic skill based, True action based combat

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Profex7

I don't get why people keep mentioning this horrible design choice as some kind of cool feature. If I kill a monster that was holding a sword, I should be able to loot said sword. But no, more grind as everything is crafted only instead, yay! So much for realism, eh. 

• kalemarkalemar Member Posts: 9

Not completely accurate as some mobs drop weapons and armour pieces. There are certain mobs that drop some of the best weapons in the game but can be quite difficult to kill.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    The mullet compels you.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Toferio

I don't get why people keep mentioning this horrible design choice as some kind of cool feature. If I kill a monster that was holding a sword, I should be able to loot said sword. But no, more grind as everything is crafted only instead, yay! So much for realism, eh. 

In Mortal Online most things holding swords do drop swords and most things wearing armor drop some sort of armor.  I'm not going to say it is always the case, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head that has a weapon that doesn't drop one.

Crafted gear being important is not horrible design.  It is, like much of the game, design you simply don't like.  Sandbox games aren't the sort of thing everyone is going to enjoy but that doesn't make them "horrible."

Crafted gear ensures crafters are actually useful, viable, and more importantly -- busy.  In most of these other games crafting is a small and mostly unimportant aspect of the game.  This is unacceptable for those of us who consider ourselves mostly crafters.

The system in Mortal Online, Eve Online, and any other game with this "horrible design choice" is the only way I know of to ensure I have a job.  It not only gives me a job but it opens up economic pathways for many other people to do other things that they simply wouldn't have the opportunity for in other types of games.  

With crafting being so important and set up the way it is not only do crafters actually have work and value, every animal in the world has value to every character at all times in that characters development.  Houses have more value depending on location.  There is a reason to farm animals, control territory, and protect gatherers and crafters.  The whole game benefits.  

It is only a negative if you don't like that sort of game, but complaining about sandbox features in a sandbox game is about as useful as if I were to go to the WOW forums and complain dungeons and quests are boring.  This stuff is the heart of the content of the game, not some stupid feature they tacked on to bore you.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    How is the bug situation these days? Server stability? Prediction? Population?

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 407

sorry to say but this game worked better in beta and if you plan to play for free don't even bother your stats are capped at 60.

The bugs are still there and as for the game pop still very small its hit or miss once the f2p players realize what they don't get they leave, very few stay...still a niche game and I personally would rather play eve or darkfall over this heap.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by vonryan123

sorry to say but this game worked better in beta and if you plan to play for free don't even bother your stats are capped at 60.

The bugs are still there and as for the game pop still very small its hit or miss once the f2p players realize what they don't get they leave, very few stay...still a niche game and I personally would rather play eve or darkfall over this heap.

I didnt like that reading gave so many points in a skill...As a f2p there was never any reason for me to raise a skill because you could max it out by reading....I found myself just logging in, grabbing a book, and logging out.....Reading should have given players 1 point in given skill, then they raise it the rest of the way.....