Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best single player/solo MMORPG?

124»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by lizardbones

And read some sort of guide on the builds. It is possible to put a bunch of points in skills that look good individually, but all together don't do much and put a hamper on your progression through the game.

Don't throw away any items. Deconstruct them and save the resulting materials. Even the low level materials, because you can combine the low level materials into higher level materials to make the higher level items. You will make enough in game money without selling items to expand your inventory and such anyway, so you don't really need to sell your stuff. Just deconstruct as many things as you can, and make the highest grade materials for crafting that you can.

You are talking about TSW, right? I will make sure i remember the advice when i play the game.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by lizardbones And read some sort of guide on the builds. It is possible to put a bunch of points in skills that look good individually, but all together don't do much and put a hamper on your progression through the game. Don't throw away any items. Deconstruct them and save the resulting materials. Even the low level materials, because you can combine the low level materials into higher level materials to make the higher level items. You will make enough in game money without selling items to expand your inventory and such anyway, so you don't really need to sell your stuff. Just deconstruct as many things as you can, and make the highest grade materials for crafting that you can.  
    You are talking about TSW, right? I will make sure i remember the advice when i play the game.

Sorry, yes, I'm talking about TSW.

You don't have to go very deep with the skill system research, but you might save yourself some aggravation with picking out skills. Might not be necessary, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

The crafting materials thing I learned the hard way after I sold a bunch of low level materials I got from breaking down a lot of drops. Once you start crafting your gear, always having an up to date set of gear is pretty easy, and it'll make progression much faster.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Wouldn't recommend it. Tried it with a half a dozen friends... nobody lasted more than a few  hours. The word "generic" describes it quite aptly, I think. The most disappointing thing is that it doesn't use the modern setting for anything. All the guns might as well be bows, swords crowbars, etc..

Very basic. Skill wheel (or whatever it is)? -More or less a gimmick.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506

I could cope with the so-so combat in TSW. What made the game unplayable for me was all of the cut-scenes right and left. I guess I am just too ADHD to sit through all that jazz in an MMO. I want to be actually playing the game, not watching a cartoon. I couldn't bring myself to keep playing and having to endure. I wanted to like it. I dug the setting. 

I guess if I was looking for that type of thing though, TSW is the way I'd go. 

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

The solo ability of both Wizard101 and Pirate101 is greater than any of the mmorpgs mentioned so far. None of the games mentioned even come close to the soloing for either of the choices I mentioned.

So by far Wzard101 and Pirate101 are the top choices!

Originally posted by Gorwe

And yes. I find combat to be terrible in TSW. Because I know you and your love of kinetic combat, I can safely say that you'd hate TSW's combat that is more or less reminiscent of the typical MMO combat of yore. Sure you have choices, but even they are stunted. It's similar to Diablo 3-there are useless skills. Ie: when would you use Web Shot Rune on the Rapid fire instead of either Withering fire, fire support or High velocity? Never. There's a lot of such skills in TSW and kinetic feeling is very rare in TSW. So...

That is disappointing. Since i play most MMORPGs like ARPGs, combat has to be good.

D3 has its share of useless skills, but there are enough useful ones, and that there are quite a few that are unique. For example, meteor has a delay and is harder to aim but does tons of damage, and archon beam is just point and shoot. So the tactical style can be quite different. Does TSW at least have some of that?

Originally posted by drakaena

I could cope with the so-so combat in TSW. What made the game unplayable for me was all of the cut-scenes right and left. I guess I am just too ADHD to sit through all that jazz in an MMO. I want to be actually playing the game, not watching a cartoon. I couldn't bring myself to keep playing and having to endure. I wanted to like it. I dug the setting. 

I guess if I was looking for that type of thing though, TSW is the way I'd go. 

I am probably the opposite. I like well made cutscenes that advances the story but i hate bad combat.

Originally posted by xpowderx

The solo ability of both Wizard101 and Pirate101 is greater than any of the mmorpgs mentioned so far. None of the games mentioned even come close to the soloing for either of the choices I mentioned.

So by far Wzard101 and Pirate101 are the top choices!

Great .. i never consider these 2 games.

Now these two games are solo-able ... but does it have good instanced solo content like the story missions in TSW or STO?

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

The best single player/solo  MMORPG's are probably single player games.

Also, http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/841/LFGame.html

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

Originally posted by Grixxitt

The best single player/solo  MMORPG's are probably single player games.

SP games are not MMOs. So nope .. the best SP/solo MMORPGs are not SP games.

I don't doubt the best SP games are probably better (to you .. and probably to me too) than the best solo MMORPGs .. but that is not the question here.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    TSW is miles above anything else in solo experience league
  • k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

What is the best solo / single player Massively Multiplayer (Online Role Playing) Game ?

Derp. Derp. Derp. Derp.

Derp.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

Originally posted by DMKano

OP - is multiboxing considered solo play?

If yes - then EQ1 is by far the best - you can raid via multiboxing there.

With horribly simple combat mechanics, no instances (hence others can interfere), little story content ... i wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

In fact, i played it before, very boring game (to me). Any modern MMO beat it by a mile (my preference, of course).

• RobinffsRobinffs Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Entropia Universe. :)
    Originally posted by Robinffs

What kind of solo content does it have?

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Well, reaching into your pocket and pulling out your wallet can be done solo.  ;)

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Well, reaching into your pocket and pulling out your wallet can be done solo.  ;)

Cash shop heavy game?

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

Cash shop heavy game?

It's one of those games where you can pay real money for items.  

• PiechunksPiechunks Member Posts: 136

GW2 by a country light-year.

Originally posted by Piechunks

GW2 by a country light-year.

Lots of people mentioned GW2. I thought you have to participate in some dynamic events with others in the course of the game?

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

ofc its TSW ... best of best i rly dont remember good story like this one for a loooooooooooong time, SWTOR is good but... not best :)

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by Quirhid

Wouldn't recommend it. Tried it with a half a dozen friends... nobody lasted more than a few  hours. The word "generic" describes it quite aptly, I think. The most disappointing thing is that it doesn't use the modern setting for anything. All the guns might as well be bows, swords crowbars, etc..

Very basic. Skill wheel (or whatever it is)? -More or less a gimmick.

i couldnt Agree More, Spot on dude!

Interested ... opinions seem to be divided on TSW.

I wonder if it is the combat .. or the story.