Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Legends: So You Want to be a Shout-Caster?

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,633MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The League of Legends "shoutcasting" team will be on hand on Reddit from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST (4-6 pm EST) today to talk about the shoutcasting jobs available at Riot and to give some inside tips to see if the position is right for you.

Jatt, Rivington, Kobe, Phreak, Deman, Quickshot and Joe Miller will all be weighing in to share their thoughts and opinions, along with sharing details for a new shoutcaster job opening at Riot Games.

The shoutcaster job posting can be found at the following links:

North America:

Be sure to check out the jobs at the links above.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,348Member Uncommon

You would think they could come up with a better name than that.  When I read the headlines I thought it was a joke.  

Me, I would much rather play a game than waste my time watching someone else play.  To each his own.

• PonicoPonico Montreal, QCPosts: 650Member

Best ShoutCaster of all time remains: Warwitch and Justice! 

• UtinniUtinni Richmond, VAPosts: 400Member Uncommon

League shoutcasting has gotten infinitely better over the years. For people who don't play it/don't understand the game it's obviously going to be difficult to watch. It's like most women trying to watch football. I personally find LCS to be just as exciting as football(and more sportsman-like if you compare to this first week of NFL =/)

• RocknissRockniss Youngstown, OHPosts: 1,034Member
    I have yet to see any video of other people playing games that I felt like I wanted to watch more and furthermore shoutcasting is extremely laughable. Shoutcasting proves that people can keep up with th action but unless your casting yourself, if your just listening, well your always a step behind the action. It makes for audio that doesnt match the video. Its like a bunch of mumbo jumbo or a poorly voice overed japanese action movie.