Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What has been your favorite MMO?

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Eve Online ,played 5 years without break
  • sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Everquest 1.
  • AzzudyenAzzudyen Member UncommonPosts: 11
    DAOC
  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Ultima Online

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    EQ2..nothing comes closer.
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Star Wars Galaxies. Have yet to find another MMO as fun :(
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Anarchy Online.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• RewhymoRewhymo Member Posts: 53
    Star wars Galaxies. for sure.
  • RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

Anarchy Online is (was) without a doubt my all-time favourite MMORPG. EVE online is pretty close though.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

A tie between FFXI, and DAOC. Both for different reasons, but still a tie without a doubt.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Vanilla WoW and WoW TBC (so WoW then).

I can still remember the summer I started playing it. The smell of that summer is still stuck on my mind. The colors and the music of Teldrassil and Ashenvale.

I have fond memories of my time in the night elf starting area. It must've been almost a week before I finally left the island. I didn't know I could and happened to find the teleportal by accident, hah. 

• PerramasPerramas Member UncommonPosts: 83

Everquest 1 and EVE are tied for my all time favorite mmorpgs of all time. No other theme park comes close to EQ 1 nor is there a sandbox mmorpgs as good as EVE.

If only one of my choices can count I pick EQ.

FUncom putting the FU in fun since 1993.

• LoregabaLoregaba Member UncommonPosts: 19

I have played many mmo since everquest and I got 3 games that really comes out of the lot. Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies and Lotro.

But if I got to choose one out of them, It's Star Wars Galaxies pre-cu for its variety and depth.

• PedoBearPedoBear Member Posts: 8
    My favorite is Hello Kitty Online.
  • dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Selo

I think this topic shows up once a day :PPeople that say WoW are to young to have experianced the older mmos.DaoC, without question, are the best for me, followed by EQ, UO and Lotro. LotrO becouse of the great community and friends i still have there.

Not true at all. I started playing mmos with Ultima Online, moved onto EQ shortly after that, and still my happiest mmo memories are late night's playing wow with my friends. Regardless of all the haters, wow was still a wonderful experience that I will never forget
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Star Wars Galaxies (pre nge) will always be my all time favourite MMO.
  • Zohdi118Zohdi118 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Lord of the Rings Online
  • VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Asherons Call
  • Univers0Univers0 Member UncommonPosts: 30

I wanted to say Everquest 1, my first mmorpg, but that is not the case.  Even a mundane task such as looking for a bind affinity to a new location can take  a good hour if you are not a caster.  Maybe we, the ex-everquest community, are over-glamourizing the interdependency that defined the game?   I think it was full of unnecessary inconveniences. 

My favourite is Warhammer Online.  Interesting and original class mechanics, fantastic lore, and plenty of memorable moments such as claiming a keep and holding on for dear life against a force three times the size.   It did not feel grindy, at least not to me.   Before the server merges, everyone knew everyone else and there were a lot of grudge matches going on so it was personal and it was fun.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    EverQuest 1. Nothing has topped it in 14 years.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Star Wars Galaxies.
  • Star Wars Galaxies

Dark Age of Camelot

Warhammer Online

Guild Wars 1&2

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516

Dark Age of Camelot

I had way too many good times in this game with everything from forming groups to pve farm camps, to some insane pvp fights.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

EQ1 until Scars of Velious expansion (included)