It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Been searching for that next great mmo because you played WoW for too long and got bored of it? You should seriously consider giving rift a try, even if you tried it when it came out and didn't like it. Personally I hated rift when it came out, I don't know why but I did. Anyways I recently saw it went free to play so I tried it out and haven't looked back since. Here are some reasons to give it a shot.
1) Upon hitting level 10 you unluck thing's called instant adventures, the lfg dungeon tool, and the looking for warfront tool.
a) Instant adventures = join a large group of other players and automatically get big group quests and just go around the map turning the npc's to shreds. The xp is very fast and fun if you don't feel like questing.
b) LFG dungeon tool = self explanatory
c) wafront tool = warfront's are the games battlegrounds, the pvp in this game is fun once you learn your class and which spec you enjoy using
2) There is an endless amount of class customization. Yes there are those "Set" specs that everyone says are the best. However this is mainly required for endgame raiding. When leveling you can have many different roles, you can heal, aoe, dps, dps+heal, tank+heal, etc. Basically you can change your gameplay up on the fly
3)The cash shop literally gives you no advantage when you hit end game. When leveling up you can use the gems to purchase good gear every 10 levels, however it's kind of pointless because you get great gear from all the dailies you do.
4) DAILIES. Forgot to mention these. All those lfg tools, instant adventures, etc. Have dailies. Meaning you get extra xp and loot chests to always have up to date gear for the most part.
5) I'm only level 32 (also have a level 24) but am thoroughly enjoying the game for some reason. The graphics are fantastic by the way.
6) The community is very helpful.
7)Subscribing isn't necessary at all but does offer nice xp boosts.
8) This game has the trinity (tank,heal,dps) however it also has what is known as support. Any class can be support which means they dps+heal or add other supportive stuff to the group
So more people should give this game a shot seriously. Glad I did because it's giving me something to do and I look forward to hitting 60 and raiding.