Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Sorry, this isn't EQ to me

ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Pile It High Town, LAPosts: 2,010Member Common
This is Disney's World of Minecraft.  I already dislike the graphics and design choices, so will pass.  Might have to hunt down some hardcore PVE indie game of yesteryear.

Comments

• EnrifEnrif PforzheimPosts: 151Member Uncommon

EQ released 1999

this is EQNext. get over it.

• BurntvetBurntvet Baltimore, MDPosts: 2,951Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Enrif

EQ released 1999

this is EQNext. get over it.

It bears so little resemblance to EQ, it might as well be called Everquest Not.

Calling a dog "a cat" does not make it bark any less.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Matthews, NCPosts: 464Member
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10
    This is Disney's World of Minecraft.  I already dislike the graphics and design choices, so will pass.  Might have to hunt down some hardcore PVE indie game of yesteryear.

Or, continue playing World of Warcraft.

• ace80kace80k Lorton, VAPosts: 151Member Uncommon
    You could always just stick to plain ol' regular EQ.
  • corruptMindcorruptMind United States, SDPosts: 5Member
    this thread is SO original... havent heard that one before.
  • AlleinAllein San Diego, CAPosts: 1,669Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

This.

Seen several "EQN is for kids" "Is cartoony" etc and check out their post history and they play and praise WoW...

• rungardrungard st. john''s, NFPosts: 1,035Member
    Originally posted by Allein

This.

Seen several "EQN is for kids" "Is cartoony" etc and check out their post history and they play and praise WoW...

naturally.

• velmaxvelmax palm bay, FLPosts: 211Member Uncommon
    I think thats why they called it EQ Next and not EQ3, its so different then the originals that they didn't want to call it the 3rd version.
  • GaladournGaladourn AthensPosts: 1,052Member
  • icculus2112icculus2112 Richmond, VAPosts: 105Member
    Nintendo DS FF 3 and 4 remakes prove that graphic style means absolutely nothing, its other factor that determine if the game will be 'EQ' or not.  Since we haven't played it, this thread is moronic.
  • ApraxisApraxis RegensburgPosts: 1,515Member Uncommon

And for a reason. This is Everquest Next, and not EQ.

I do even have a link for you http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/141/Hogcaller-Inn-General.html

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,151Member Uncommon

You don't have to share with us that you aren't going to play a game that isn't out yet and isn't going to be out for a long time.

Simply don't play it and find something you do want to play. 

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Vimont, QCPosts: 1,625Member
    If this is not a bait thread, than i don't know what it is. Mod, close this thread right now. Now are you waiting so long to close a thread anyway?

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• donpopukidonpopuki Dearborn, MIPosts: 591Member
    I've noticed the mods tend to like the hate threads and close the anti-hate threads.
  • ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Pile It High Town, LAPosts: 2,010Member Common
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal
    If this is not a bait thread, than i don't know what it is. Mod, close this thread right now. Now are you waiting so long to close a thread anyway?

Not a hate thread at all, just  a serious discussion with some serious points.  The graphics and some of the simplistic game design choices are ISSUES for some of the old EQ crowd who remembers when MMORPG gaming was more challenging and immersive.  I mean, a warrior who can only use two weapons?  C'mon.  If that isn't gamey, what is?

• deamiandeamian Sandy, UTPosts: 65Member
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Not a hate thread at all, just  a serious discussion with some serious points.  The graphics and some of the simplistic game design choices are ISSUES for some of the old EQ crowd who remembers when MMORPG gaming was more challenging and immersive.  I mean, a warrior who can only use two weapons?  C'mon.  If that isn't gamey, what is?

Those may be your opinions, and that is awesome, but this is in no way " a serious discussion " The graphics are nearly the same art style of Bioshock Infinite, and if you were playing that saying " oh man this is Disney " then you in MY opinion have an issue appreciating art. I'm not really sure you can slam simplistic game design choices as a description either. But formulate your opinion logically and play or don't play.

• dwarfkinglordsdwarfkinglords Decline to Identify, CAPosts: 75Member Uncommon

i dont get you people..

the graphics looks amazing esp the wizard girl and the environment...

complaining about it being to cartoony is like saying your too mature too like pixar or dreamworks movies now? 

do you need everything to be super realism and adult?

i bet your one of those elitist that talk crap about this games graphics, while you go play some ugly game like runescape or minecraft and complain on those threads saying games graphics doesn't matter

dont like it? move on.. its that simple, nobody cares

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Miami, FLPosts: 915Member
    This is Disney's World of Minecraft.

The Internets™ can be so mean!

Smedley: Going in the cash shop right now for a very limited time, dress up as Eeyore for just $19.99 Pre-order this item and we will throw in a costume to dress up as Goofy!

Me: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk

• MagicabbageMagicabbage virginia beach, VAPosts: 93Member

none of what you said is bad or needs to receive the "the sky is falling" treatment.
    you not playing effects no one on these boards; however, you feel you must let others know, why?

• S1LentKillerS1LentKiller place far far away, MIPosts: 71Member
    I think OP might be right tho i see nothing that have the EQ elements in it. They Even Cut out the classic EQ intro music. Not saying that i'm not going to try it out. It kinda looks like SoE is at a fork road and their leaning to the kiddy side for this one. To me EQ seem more like an adult IP. Sure i was a 16 year old kid when i first started playing EQ. But EQN seem to point at the 8 year old crowd. Its also way too early to say its going to suck. Coming from an EQ fan i see nothing good about EQN so far.
  • NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

Every time i hear, "EqN art is like Disney" i instantly think of this...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• satora54satora54 elizabithville, CAPosts: 31Member

Dont feel bad OP, this game is garbage and they destroyed EQ. GG.

• BaleoutBaleout Grande Prairie, ABPosts: 141Member

Well this one looks good enuf to play for me I have played them all and am really looking forward to it.

This is not Disney' World of Minecraft  . Did you really think it would be anything like any of the older 2 games why would they do THAT.

Graphics look great as far as I am concerned cant wait to try t out.

This is not our MoMs And Pops EQ thank god.

• gxizhegxizhe Millbrae, CAPosts: 22Member Uncommon

Wildstar has similar graphic style, but is it for kids?

Borderland and No More Heroes are even more cartoonish,are they for kids?

cartoonish graphic≠for kids

• SiugSiug TallinnPosts: 1,236Member Uncommon

So your answer to critics is insulting? Wtg keyboard warrior.

This discussion has been closed.