Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an old Sailing/Trading MMO

hubris73hubris73 Orlando, FLPosts: 2Member

I am trying to track down an old game I used to play quite a few years ago (I want to say about 10 years ago but it could be less than that).  It was a sailing/trading/exploration MMO game with sailing mechanics very similar to Sid Meyer's Pirates.  As far as I can remember this game had no on land element to it - you had no character avatar, just a boat to sail and complete quests with, trade, ect.

if I remember correctly the sailing was a little less forgiving than SMP, with prevailing winds often forcing you to take very wide tacks toward your destination, and NPC pirates and player characters always eager to sink you to the bottom. I also believe it was set in colonial era of the New World (not 100% possitive on this though).

Again this was an older game so the graphics were not great, and it had that top down view that SMP uses for sailing.  I've been looking all over for it but I can't track down any mention of it (I know this probably means its closed up shop, but Id like to know for sure).

Here is a list of games Ive looked at already and know that it is not:

Uncharted Waters Online

Pirates of the Caribbean Online

Pirates of the Burning Sea

Voyage Century

Captians of Darktide

Sea Fight

East India Company

Pirate King Online

Bounty Bay Online

If you have any ideas please let me know - thanks for reading and responding

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Hampshire, AZPosts: 541Member Uncommon
    Sadly you've tried them all. (Unless there is a new one in beta somewhere, and is well hidden.) I was also looking for such a game a few months back, never found it, and finally gave up.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• BecenBecen EnglandPosts: 23Member
  • hubris73hubris73 Orlando, FLPosts: 2Member
    I think thats it!  Thank you so much :)