Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ff14 working now as intended or not please

2»

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by LacedOpium
    Originally posted by grimal

It is still difficult to create a character on some servers.  For instance, I tried creating a character at 8am this morning on Behometh and the world is locked for new character creation.  I have been trying for the last two hours but it remains locked.  There is no queue or anything to allow you to wait for that creation; the only option is to refresh worlds every three minutes.

If you are really anxious to get started, an option for you would be to create your character now and begin doing the basics, and then eventually request a transfer when they begin offering that service.  It may be a week or more before anyone is able to create new characters in some of these worlds.  I can only assume that Behemoth is one of them.

The problem is they have not given a date as to when server transfers will become available.  Seeing the problems they have been facing, this may be quite a while down the road (look how long it took SWTOR to implement this).

Second, if server transfers do not become available sometime soon, many people don't like the notion of having to do all the leveling all over again for when these servers do become available (I, for one, despise this).

Third, name availability.  If you have a specific character name in mind and you create this on an alternate server, sometimes that name is taken on the destination server when you try to implement that transfer and you are forced to rename your toon.  Not a big deal but this can irk some.

Finally, I understand that they need to put limitations on the server creation due to their servers being overwhelmed, but again, this should not be something that I need to work around.  This is a problem they created due to poor planning.  Why should I have to suffer when I purchased the game way before launch and am still unable to create a character on the same server my friends are playing on (and leveling) when they company is the one at fault here?

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    The problems of the last week seem to be fixed now. We had 47 members on last night and the worst anyone saw was about 5 minute queue times at primetime but our server and many others were closed to new characters. They have a new server in each major region for new players. If you are not looking to be on a particular server because of a guild then you should be good. If you want a specific server it could take longer.

All die, so die well.

As a matter of fact, there is a real possibility, provided the game continues to sell at a rapid pace, that they will open new servers and wait until those fill up before allowing new character creation in existing heavily burdened worlds.  Just something to take into consideration.

Yes and this would not surprise me at all.   It's not really fair for me to ask my numerous friends to ditch their leveled toons and move to a different server because of these problems.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788

As a matter of fact, there is a real possibility, provided the game continues to sell at a rapid pace, that they will open new servers and wait until those fill up before allowing new character creation in existing heavily burdened worlds.  Just something to take into consideration.

Yes and this would not surprise me at all.   It's not really fair for me to ask my numerous friends to ditch their leveled toons and move to a different server because of these problems.

I believe they already set the date for transfers for sometimes next week, either the 11th or the 13th.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Originally posted by Kebeck
    Originally posted by vidiotking

It is still difficult to create a character on some servers.  For instance, I tried creating a character at 8am this morning on Behometh and the world is locked for new character creation.  I have been trying for the last two hours but it remains locked.  There is no queue or anything to allow you to wait for that creation; the only option is to refresh worlds every three minutes.

My friends and I are all on Behemoth. Some of us hit refresh every 3 minutes for 30 minutes, but we eventually got in. 

As we all know, its one of the top 5 populated servers... 

So.... Keep up the clicking and see you in game!

I think you guys just try to log in.. in this case Grimal is trying to create a character on Behemot..

Nope. My rl friend and I were click happy trying to create a character on Behemouth last week... But yea, to log in too.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Sure it is, what a friends for? lol

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
    Originally posted by vandal5627

I believe they already set the date for transfers for sometimes next week, either the 11th or the 13th.

Link please?

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

If you are really anxious to get started, an option for you would be to create your character now and begin doing the basics, and then eventually request a transfer when they begin offering that service.  It may be a week or more before anyone is able to create new characters in some of these worlds.  I can only assume that Behemoth is one of them.

The problem is they have not given a date as to when server transfers will become available.  Seeing the problems they have been facing, this may be quite a while down the road (look how long it took SWTOR to implement this).

Second, if server transfers do not become available sometime soon, many people don't like the notion of having to do all the leveling all over again for when these servers do become available (I, for one, despise this).

Third, name availability.  If you have a specific character name in mind and you create this on an alternate server, sometimes that name is taken on the destination server when you try to implement that transfer and you are forced to rename your toon.  Not a big deal but this can irk some.

Finally, I understand that they need to put limitations on the server creation due to their servers being overwhelmed, but again, this should not be something that I need to work around.  This is a problem they created due to poor planning.  Why should I have to suffer when I purchased the game way before launch and am still unable to create a character on the same server my friends are playing on (and leveling) when they company is the one at fault here?

Your points are all valid and I feel your pain.  I was in a similar situation in that all of my friends were spread around over several servers.  I was able to get into a server with a lot of my friends but my girlfriend was unable and eventually created a character in a server in which we have no friends.  So I had a choice to make.  Well, there wasn't really a choice to make, it was more like a sweetly veiled order *laughs.  But it's all good.  In the future my gf and I will eventually coordinate with friends and request transfers to possibly reunite.  FWIW, its not really a big deal since we've already made quite a few friends in our current server.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I think it is rather ironic.

If a MMO has a low interest and low pop it is all DOOOOOOM.

If a MMO has high interest and high pop it is all DOOOOOOOM.

Guess the industry can't win for loosing, to coin a phrase.

Originally posted by Four0Six

I think it is rather ironic.

If a MMO has a low interest and low pop it is all DOOOOOOM.

If a MMO has high interest and high pop it is all DOOOOOOOM.

Guess the industry can't win for loosing, to coin a phrase.

It's more of how the companies plan and react to player influx.

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Is the Duty Finder working now?  Last night it was kicking people off when they were matching up for dungeons.  I know it happened to me and happened to one of the members who tried to get in.
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Link please?

My apologies, I swore i read it somewhere but can't find any links, must be people just talking about being able to transfer characters in the middle of september on the forums, again my apologies, don't want to get anyones's hopes up so I'm probably wrong.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Logged in first time w/o issue last night around 5:30pm EST, didn't do any duty finder or instanced main/class story quests, but everything was running smooth.

Lots of players everywhere... definitely can see/feel the increase in player cap in the 1-10ish zones for sure.

Link please?

My apologies, I swore i read it somewhere but can't find any links, must be people just talking about being able to transfer characters in the middle of september on the forums, again my apologies, don't want to get anyones's hopes up so I'm probably wrong.

No problem. I've heard chatter on various website forums but was interested if they recently announced anything official.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Is the Duty Finder working now?  Last night it was kicking people off when they were matching up for dungeons.  I know it happened to me and happened to one of the members who tried to get in.

Queued for Tam Tara, Copperbell and Sastasha last night with no issues whatsoever.

That list I previously posted must not be accurate any more because I can see that some of those worlds listed as locked are not locked as stated.  Unfortunately, Behometh is still. :(
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Link please?

No problem. I've heard chatter on various website forums but was interested if they recently announced anything official.

Yoshi P has released new information in which he states that transfers may indeed be offered perhaps as soon as next week (wouldn't hold my breath on it happening though).  There is also talk about an AFK auto log out feature being added next week.  The released information is in Japanese so they are scrambling to translate but there is a lot of information there.  Supposedly the simultaneous log ins are now possible for up to 7800 players per server, and the number of simultaneous connections has reached 325,000 people.  He also seem to express concern for the PS4 as it is anticipated there will be a huge influx of new players when it does release. 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I just wish they would start selling digital copies again. I'm jealous of you all playing even if you can't login or create characters! You have a chance at least! I should have planned ahead a bit better. I really didn't think they wouldn't sell digital copies.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    The timeframe for transfers to lower population worlds, creation of new worlds, afk kicker, further dividing up duty finder worlds, resumption of digital sales, all in 1-3 week time period per Yoshida video of earlier today. See posting on official forums for unofficial translation (general discussion). Official translation should be out shortly.
  • IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    ...oh, and further easing of character creation restrictions.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by IMBanks
    The timeframe for transfers to lower population worlds, creation of new worlds, afk kicker, further dividing up duty finder worlds, resumption of digital sales, all in 1-3 week time period per Yoshida video of earlier today. See posting on official forums for unofficial translation (general discussion). Official translation should be out shortly.

Looking forward to it!  Thanks for the info :)

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Tin un sacramant de Quebecois de marde. Va chier maudit cave!