Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Herp Rederped

2»

Comments

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    They are moving swiftly from one disaster to the next. I'm getting fed up with the whole thing.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

I have come to relieve myself of the anger that FFXIV has brought me.

(Insert some complaint about FFXIV)

(Insert mudslinging about someone who isn't complaining.)

(quote someone, then debunk their post with slander.)

(complain some more.)

Ok, i feel much better.  Thanks guys!

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    They are moving swiftly from one disaster to the next. I'm getting fed up with the whole thing.

Maybe they are playing a networking FATE

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by Alamareth
    Originally posted by Senden
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    Originally posted by Senden

because the servers were clogged with AFKers. 

See, it's stuff like this that just... wow.

Please read the patch notes.  Could you please note the part where they dealt with AFK'ers.  Just once?  They didn't.  Why?  Because that wasn't the cause of the problem.

But because you HEARD (likely from some people on here) that AFK'ers are the problem you immediately say "huh, well that's the reason for this".  It's a red herring...

The ACTUAL problem was the duty finder screw with server availability (per the patch notes).  

But calling people out... listen... I had no problems with the exception of Monday getting on.  Someone called me a liar and I posted timestamped screenshots.  I don't have the time nor inclination to go through every post and submit screenshots to prove what is said so I don't expect it of others either.

Originally posted by SamuraiXIV

You're the negative here cause that there are issues it's a true fact ignoring them is like you don't want the game to succeed, cause if you did you would point the issues in order to get them resolved.

I'm not ignoring facts.  So please stop making blanket statements.  I'm saying it's not as bad as people make it out to be.  And FRANKLY, I'm tired of defending it to people who may/may not even stick.  

No.. the duty finder is the main cause of the problem and a side effect of that cause is people logging in going AFK in fear of not being able to get on later. When I can't login at 10am in the morning without spamming 0 for 20 minutes and when I do get on, I see tons of stationary people EVERYWHERE, it's not just because of the reduced server capacity, it's because the majority of the people taking up spots on the server aren't even home let alone on their computers. Yes duty finder is the main culprit but you can't say the AFK issue hasn't been the cause of servers being clogged up in the mornings on a weekday. 

Right, so the duty finder is the issue and not the AFK players.  Glad we agree.

I addressed this before and I'm not going to do it again.  You are wrong.  Your logic makes no sense. 

But please, continue to spew whatever you wish - I, like many others, are tired of trying to keep this forum in the general realm of reality.  Let the trolls have it - it's what MMORPG.com is good for anyway.

Please do explain again, why is my logic flawed? Duty Finder is causing reduced servers to be reduced to a capacity of around 5000. What this is doing is making the servers filled with players and causing those trying to get on to get 1017 errors and making it damn near impossible for some people to access the game.  As I see it, that is the reality of the situation. 

Now to combat the 1017 and to take advantage of the fact you can AFK without getting booted, many players are logging in before they go to work/school and staying AFK all day so that they can play problem free when they get home.  This I believe is also a reality, one which I'm sure many people who play through the day can agree upon.

Now when there are server queues at 9am in the morning on a weekday and 1017 messages by 10am, I believe this is largely in part due to the fact the server is clogged with AFK players. When I logged in, the amount of players AFK are everywhere so once again this is the reality of the situation. 

Now I'm assuming your logic is that hypothetically if all those AFK players weren't logged in, players trying to get on would be filling the servers up and still causing the 1017 errors. As far as I see it, we are at a stalemate. Now if on a weekday I find a queue to my server at 9am and don't see AFK players everywhere, I'm personally send you a pm and say I was wrong and apologize. 

Still, to insinuate I'm a troll spewing nonsense and can't grasp the reality of the servers, is complete and total BS.

• AlexlongwellAlexlongwell Member UncommonPosts: 23

Forum users are the minority, with maybe a small infux coming on to complain about an issue, hence if said problem were as widespread as some think it is then the game would be in maintenance mode. I'd say for ever one person coming to the forums to complain about an issue, 10 are happily playing the game with no issue. That being said some are having issue, that is obvious, but I don't think it is the epidemic ppl are making it out to be. People see what they want to see and logic and reason fly out the window as may have happened in my case as I've had very little issues, and when I did have an issue didn't fly off the handle about it. I don't know, but perception is key here I think.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334

I'm not ignoring facts.  So please stop making blanket statements.  I'm saying it's not as bad as people make it out to be.  And FRANKLY, I'm tired of defending it to people who may/may not even stick.  

The problem is exactly as bad as people make it out to be.

I mean seriously. You're trying to tell people who are unable to log in and play -  for up to 10 days in some cases - "it's not as bad as people make it seem". Are you kidding me?

It's like telling someone who just broke their finger and can't move it, "Oh come on. It can't be that bad. Look, my finger works just fine! It's not as bad as you make it seem. Stop complaining about it!".

When people are unable to log into a game that they've bought and paid for, that's a very real problem for them that they are experiencing in a very real way, with a product they paid very real money for. It is not your place, nor anyone else's to tell them "they're not allowed to complain about it".

It's even more disingenuous when it comes from people who've been logged in and playing (due to never logging out) and haven't had to actually deal with the issues they're telling others to stop complaining about.

If it's not "such a big deal", then why don't these people walk their talk by logging out when they're done with a session, and log back in when they're ready to play again later on? Oh right... because they know they're full of it. They know there's a problem and they know they'd end up dealing with exactly the same problems.

So, they stay logged in... and then hypocritically tell everyone else who can't play to stop complaining.

Awesome.

• BluewhitehellBluewhitehell Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Ayulin

The problem is exactly as bad as people make it out to be.

I mean seriously. You're trying to tell people who are unable to log in and play -  for up to 10 days in some cases - "it's not as bad as people make it seem". Are you kidding me?

It's like telling someone who just broke their finger and can't move it, "Oh come on. It can't be that bad. Look, my finger works just fine! It's not as bad as you make it seem. Stop complaining about it!".

When people are unable to log into a game that they've bought and paid for - some going on 10 days now - that's a very real problem for them that they are experiencing in a very real way, with a product they paid very real money for.

It's even more disingenuous when it comes from people who've been logged in and playing (due to never logging out) and haven't had to actually deal with the issues they're telling others to stop complaining about.

If it's not "such a big deal", then why don't these people walk their talk by logging out when they're done with a session, and log back in when they're ready to play again later on? Oh right... because they know they're full of it. They know there's a problem and they know they'd end up dealing with exactly the same problems.

So, they stay logged in... and then hypocritically tell everyone else who can't play to stop complaining.

Awesome.

Most players with no issues are either on newer server, or play on none prime time. Few legacy servers are extremely populated due to large amount of returning player from 1.0, that it's nearly impossible to log in after evening.

As a legacy player stuck on one of the most populated legacy server, I feel I got face slapped by SE, and face slapped again by players on newer server/different timezone telling me "I have no issue, and playing happily YEAHHHHH". Yes, I want to complain, if someone have problem with me complaining, give me your max level character on your server.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Well now the new thing is that error 3102 is back.

I was able to login and play no problem.  Once.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Ayulin

There we go again.  This AFK thing.  The AFK thing wasn't the reason for the issue.  In fact, they've noted repeatedly what the issue IS, how to fix it, and how to move on.  Please stop repeating the stupid AFK thing.

People have latched into their head this AFK thing.  Yes, a LOT of people went AFK (to avoid the logs).  Was I one of them?  No.  My longest AFK was 1 hr (kids bathtime/book) and it wasn't even a hour solid.  Like playing, 15 minutes for bath, playing, 30 minutes for a book.  Etc.

I'm not trying to be snarky.  I admit there IS a problem.  How big?  I dunno.  If you point to one person who can't get on, I can point out another who can.   My case in point, someone was saying they had an issue logging into Siren.  So... not 5 minutes in, I logged into and out of Siren.  I posted time stamped screenshots because I'm tired of people immediately labelling "fanboy/white knight" status to anyone who doesn't agree with their idea for the game.

This discussion has been closed.