Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No PvP? No thank you.

124»

Comments

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by ray12k
    Originally posted by c0exist
    Originally posted by PAL-18
    Originally posted by Ashkent

"No PVP? This game sucks! Not buying it!"

This is what I hear when people whine about no PVP

"Waaahh! I can't grief other players! I can;t kill all the noobs 30 levels below me! Waahhh, how else am I going to make up for my crappy life?"

This is what i hear from peeps who dont know what PvP even is.

First of all ,all those "noobs" 30 levels below you,knows that it might happen and they dont cry like you.

Shit happens in fantasy worlds,even Luke got ganked pretty hard by higher level character and lost his hand,and what did he do? he paid back and thats what people can do in PvP games / fantasy worlds.

+but,like for example WoW where its not possible to pay even back anymore because of xserver technology they made an environment where actions are not controlled by players anymore ,where environment prevents players actions,those are gankers paradises and role-players who want full rules are playing against impossible enemy called E.

++other tools ,lfg whatever bg etc.

MMORPG's are about the player base against the designated evil.  Not players against other players.  Thats what shooters are for and madden.

your'e dead wrong mmorpgs have always been about player verse player conflict. thats why guild are formed and alliences made. If you like carebear games cool emote to a sunset just dont think the cearbear era represents what the history of mmorpgs has been.

FYI most pvp is between equal or close to equal players in any game. The fact that u have no skills and got ganked and rage quit a game doesnt change the facts

No they haven't!! EVER!!!

I weep for the memory of the new players. Such BS ranted.

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

I would definitely consider getting it if it had PVP. The two things I like to do in games are Crafting & PVP.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST
    Originally posted by ray12k
    Originally posted by c0exist

"Waaahh! I can't grief other players! I can;t kill all the noobs 30 levels below me! Waahhh, how else am I going to make up for my crappy life?"

First of all ,all those "noobs" 30 levels below you,knows that it might happen and they dont cry like you.

Shit happens in fantasy worlds,even Luke got ganked pretty hard by higher level character and lost his hand,and what did he do? he paid back and thats what people can do in PvP games / fantasy worlds.

+but,like for example WoW where its not possible to pay even back anymore because of xserver technology they made an environment where actions are not controlled by players anymore ,where environment prevents players actions,those are gankers paradises and role-players who want full rules are playing against impossible enemy called E.

MMORPG's are about the player base against the designated evil.  Not players against other players.  Thats what shooters are for and madden.

your'e dead wrong mmorpgs have always been about player verse player conflict. thats why guild are formed and alliences made. If you like carebear games cool emote to a sunset just dont think the cearbear era represents what the history of mmorpgs has been.

FYI most pvp is between equal or close to equal players in any game. The fact that u have no skills and got ganked and rage quit a game doesnt change the facts

No they haven't!! EVER!!!

I weep for the memory of the new players. Such BS ranted.

uo, ac1, lineage 1, and a host of other mmopgs down the line yes inm right fck if you like look up the history of mmorpgs. lol even mudds haha.... i

Tools like you who have brought this crappy ideology that  no one wants pvp  and that everyone wants a clear outline of how to play. The birth of  easy mode mmoprgs  are the cause of the current non innovative train wreck of a genre.

Minecraft a crappy graphic sandbox game with a revenue of over 240 mill just last year has proven my point. And it has crappy controls and a harsh death penalty.

Sorry your view have been proven wrong over and over... Welcome to the reality of your retarded thoughts.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by jayvierl

Let me start by saying, this is a great game. I've played the beta. I enjoyed to so much that I almost bought it.

The gameplay is perfect. The exact kind of mmo I , and most , were waiting for.

My only issue : There is no PVP!!!!. Like wtf?

I love PvE as much as the next, but lets face it. I want to test my abilities against my friends and people I don't know. I want something to do besides PvE content. 

I really love this game but PvE alone won't keep their play base high. They need to add PvP content asap. Maybe I will give this game another look if they do, until then. I will wait on EQN.

I wish they'd just leave PvP out altogether.  The game will never be a good PvP game, and both the community and the game itself would be better off focusing on PvE.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    And on the second month Yoshi said, "Let there be PvP." And it was glorious indeed.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

With how this game is compared to WoW in some ways and you can see it by the mind numbing button click, or the lack of dodge rolls (spoiled by other games with other games where everything can be done while moving).

When you look at Wow and Star Wars (SWTOR) where the PvP was very dull and gear started to rule over skill and eventually the nerfs from people crying about a class ruined PvP too why bother with it?  With Final Fantasy being similar to those two I can't expect PvP to be any good.

Some of the skills/spells in the game will work while others are going to cause problems (with interrupts I can see many jobs trying to go for Black Mages abilities, well if that job even allows it) that will most likely get addressed, unless they separate the PvP server from the game where only changes in a skill/spell are affected here and not in the PvE part.

Can you imagine the crafters/gatherers queuing up for pvp?

Infact I think it would be more fun with the crafters/gatherers doing PvP.  A tower defense style where one team is working together to build defense or set traps against the other side who is working to buff their little minions to do enough damage to the other side.

• GamerIncognitoGamerIncognito Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by Technohic
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Technohic

You saying that in satire really does not make you look any better than what you just portrayed.  

Good catch, I thought the same exact thing.

Except for those of us who agree with him.  I thought his impersonation was spot on.  :)

Well.  I'm just not sure how it applies here other than some carry over temper tantrum from previous games, as I have not even seen anyone here asking for a scenario that would allow anyone to jump a lower level character in this game.  Just wanting some PvP does not mean wanting free roaming ganks.  Probably are some out there who really do like doing that, but the generalization does not somehow make anyone a better person.  

Sorry, but I got to this and felt I needed to comment. Now, I agree with Ashkent's post, even though there have been several other posts saying he doesn't look any better then what he is portraying. In my opinion, the only reason to comment like that about Ashkent's post, is because a person performs those actions themselves. Sorry, just my opinion. 

I do enjoy PvP myself, but my gaming is not ALL ABOUT PvP. In moderation, its fine, but when I am unable to escape it, because some level 60 asshat is just bored with the game and feels it is acceptable to gank me on a level 17 character, then it becomes annoying. I don't care who you are, if a higher level is pking you, you aren't just going to shrug it off as "oh its just part of the game", you are just like the rest of us; sitting there raging either loudly or quietly. Doesn't matter, you are raging, even if you refuse to admit it. Unethical PvP is a load of crap, in any game. Its proven in Aion; give players unrestricted PvP, and they will abuse it. Trying to expect players to do whats morally right, or what should be the right thing doesn't work in an open pvp environment.

"Just because you can, does not mean you should".

Just because you can pk that player 43 levels lower then you, doesn't mean you should.; yet several do....

Maybe its not a popular opinion, but pvp should not be forced onto other players'. Not every gamer personality type includes a like or love for pvp. At the minimum, game servers should include a pve option for those who prefer to quest without getting involved in open world pvp. And no, I am not just talking about this game, I am talking about games in general.  The way I see it, if it was "just about pvp" they wouldn't have included a crafting system, questing, storyline, and in some cases, a housing system. So no, it isn't just about the pvp, its about gaming, and what people prefer. 

Sorry for straying off like that, back to the point. For some of us, pvp in moderation is fine; open world pvp is not in moderation. Where it has been pointed out that  this game has been about pve, the question comes to mind, what were you thinking of in forms of pvp content? Because, open world pvp will eventually lead to some highbie bored with the game pking lowbies he comes across. Can you guarantee that it won't happen?  People post things from experience more often then not, so to belittle someone's opinion about a not so popular topic honestly doesn't make the light shining on you show anything better. You can't guarantee that it won't happen, so don't try. 

So yeah, I agree with Ashkent, because I speak from experience, not speculation. 

"Just because you can, that does not mean you should"

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Electro057
    And on the second month Yoshi said, "Let there be PvP." And he saw that it was good.

Fixed it for yah! ;)

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

I'm sorry, but someone is dreaming....

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

No pvp in a mmo is like playing counter strike only with bots. 

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Let me start by saying, this is a great game. I've played the beta. I enjoyed to so much that I almost bought it.

I love PvE as much as the next, but lets face it. I want to test my abilities against my friends and people I don't know. I want something to do besides PvE content. 

I really love this game but PvE alone won't keep their play base high. They need to add PvP content asap. Maybe I will give this game another look if they do, until then. I will wait on EQN.

Okay bye babe, let me know what game you are playing next. x

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Originally posted by VaultFairy

Okay bye babe, let me know what game you are playing next. x

They said what game they are playing next.
    Not sure if trolling or sincerely wanted to know and just missed it.

Anyways :D...I'd like to know how PvP would fit into the world from a lore perspective. Will they have to make a vague statement on it like GW2 did with The Mists or will there be a legitimate reason for a bunch of normally friendlies to turn against one another?

Maybe there is already something in game that I did not see during my time in OB. If there is, please let me know!

• SkilialSkilial Member Posts: 30

This is why Wildstar looks VERY interesting on the PvP side. Telegraphed movement and skillshots. Hopefully, they will make PvP more like LoL where gear is not the objective (except LOOKS). If FFXIV decides to implement PvP, I hope it goes well. I just don't see it happening. EQN is starting to worry me with the hype-meter. It is beginning to sound too much like GW2.

I was very excited for the Fall of 2013 to roll around with FFXIV and WSO and the possibility of EQN this spring...but it is all sounding more like hype.

I have fallen for the buy first and quit 30 days later, too many times. I am waiting for the real verdict on this game. Let us know how PvP turns out when they implement it!

(I am not hating. Have as much fun as you can with anything you buy!)

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Skilial

This is why Wildstar looks VERY interesting on the PvP side. Telegraphed movement and skillshots. Hopefully, they will make PvP more like LoL where gear is not the objective (except LOOKS). If FFXIV decides to implement PvP, I hope it goes well. I just don't see it happening. EQN is starting to worry me with the hype-meter. It is beginning to sound too much like GW2.

I was very excited for the Fall of 2013 to roll around with FFXIV and WSO and the possibility of EQN this spring...but it is all sounding more like hype.

I have fallen for the buy first and quit 30 days later, too many times. I am waiting for the real verdict on this game. Let us know how PvP turns out when they implement it!

(I am not hating. Have as much fun as you can with anything you buy!)

Wildstar has gotten my interest  recently, looking forward to exterminating Exile vermin on Nexus.  I am waiting to see how the pvp battle fronts turn out in FF14 considering Yoshi P is a really skilled pvp player, he should have a good idea on how to make it fun.