New gameplay video. Absolutely incredible animations/movement system. Imagine PvP with this stuff and imagine what PVE scenarios they can make.
video about building stuff with lava and etc.
- Players will spawn near landmarks, protected areas which can be teleported to. They’ll act as social hubs and player marketplaces—Georgeson hinted several times at a deep simulated economy during our meeting.
- Players will then explore to gather resources, and stake a land claim (almost) anywhere on the procedurally-generated continents.
- Most building resources will need to be purchased from other players or gathered, though there are “super commons,” such as dirt, of which we’ll always have an unlimited supply.
- Can players stake claims in subterranean areas? “Probably,” says Georgeson.
- Land claims can be shared with friends for co-op builds.
- Mounts are in, and they’ll move like the player characters—sliding down steep hills, for instance. We won’t see horses doing parkour though. Boo.
- Players will be able to move between servers at any time.
- Friends lists, text chat, voice chat, and SOEmote are all in.
- A timelapse tool will allow players to record high-speed versions of their builds and publish them directly to YouTube.
- There will be a guild system, as well as a “co-op buildout” system for temporarily grouping up to work together on large projects without a full guild structure.
- Landmark characters will be transferable to EverQuest Next when it releases, and playing Landmark will unlock the Adventurer class.