Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I haven't been able to log in for days

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
SE launched a very polished and awesome game. That was Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. But good gosh, the server issues are too much. And I'm very upset about what happened to me and my friends. SE has failed, and I will continue to play their game, but I will also complain that if I cannot log into the servers, why should I continue to pay for subscription?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    You must be doing something wrong, many people not only log in regularly but are at or near level 50.

It's true there are login issues but a substantial portion of the player has managed to cope with it.

But if it really bothers you, ask for a refund and don't play. (or come back later)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You must be doing something wrong, many people not only log in regularly but are at or near level 50.

It's true there are login issues but a substantial portion of the player has managed to cope with it.

But if it really bothers you, ask for a refund and don't play. (or come back later)

like a few days 

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Best way to avoid the login issue is to log in during the wee morning hours and go AFK until you're ready to play later that day.  At least that's how I and others do it just so we can play.

Doesn't matter much to me anymore. I'm not going to sub.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

Originally posted by Caskio

Best way to avoid the login issue is to log in during the wee morning hours and go AFK until you're ready to play later that day.  At least that's how I and others do it just so we can play.

o may i ask why (not everyone is going to like the game so no biggie)

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

This is the ideal way to handle the servers atm.

If you don't go this route, expect to spend 10-30 minutes spamming that start button till you get in a que.  10-30 minutes is average for weekdays.

On a weekend, like this weekend. Expect to spend 30min - 1hour spamming the start button to try and get in.

For the record, I have 'never' once 'not' been able to get in (besides the servers being down completely). Granted, it was difficult and required some persistence, but I still got in. Obviously, other people are just as determined as me (or they just never logged out) because the servers are riddled with activity.

For the people complaining, It is understandable. However, do not say that you can't get in. You can get in, you just don't want to take the time to do it.

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by Raxeon

For me, the the only things the game does better is the graphics and music. I do really like the graphics style.

The rest is subpar or the same.  The combat is typical and feels slow.  And considering most of the time playing is going to be in combat, it better be interesting or there better be other activities I can find entertaining.

Why would I pay for FF14 when I can play TERA for free?  Not to mention ArcheAge is right around the corner.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

I haven't had any log in issues that lasted more than 1-5 tries on the JP servers, until now.  Its full, but I guess cuz its opening weekend I suppose?

Probably will only get better as time goes by.  Sucks for people who have this problem everyday.  When will they allow server transfers?  Will you be able to region transfer?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Yeah, I don't know. I am not really one to deal with technical issues for TOO long... and seems like they are not stopping yet. I kinda ran out of steam at this point and started doing other things.

I wish the game well, but I may not buy it at this point because too much time has passed and I am tired of checking if they fixed everything yet all the time.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    so the real problem isthe game doesnt have an afk people kicking thing.  people log in and stay on 24 hours afk when not playing, so others cant login and play.  theres your problem.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Syno23
    SE launched a very polished and awesome game. That was Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. But good gosh, the server issues are too much. And I'm very upset about what happened to me and my friends. SE has failed, and I will continue to play their game, but I will also complain that if I cannot log into the servers, why should I continue to pay for subscription?

First what you should do is go read any of the official SE announcements about how they are adding new servers and will be compensating players.

For me, the the only things the game does better is the graphics and music. I do really like the graphics style.

The rest is subpar or the same.  The combat is typical and feels slow.  And considering most of the time playing is going to be in combat, it better be interesting or there better be other activities I can find entertaining.

Why would I pay for FF14 when I can play TERA for free?  Not to mention ArcheAge is right around the corner.

tera is ok but got old quick archage ill probly try that down the road not sure how the combat going to be in that game

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Take some time to put it into perspective. Square has given everyone information of the server upgrade plans and have said they will give everyone extra free time. They have owned up to their mistakes and haven't hidden or tried to sweep anything under the rug, now is the time to support them as they are doing everything they can to fix the situation.

I can understand your frustration but at this point it does no good and falls on deaf ears as Square is owning up and taking responsibility for the problems.

Also, in case you think you are the only one, I also have not been able to logon all day today and only one time yesterday, so you are not alone.

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

you have to keep spaming the log in  when it says full etc just keep spamping it take about 5 mins then you will get in game :)).

this game will not start just trying to log in once.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    AFKers didn't create the problem, but no doubt it's making it worse.  Still, I'd bet that a solid majority of the playerbase is using the AFK route at least *some* of the time in order to be able to play when it wants to.  SE will therefore never implement a fix for that until the servers are upgraded and people don't feel the "need" to AFK in order to "reserve" a space to play when they want to.
  • SkylightFortressSkylightFortress Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Coated

This is the ideal way to handle the servers atm.

If you don't go this route, expect to spend 10-30 minutes spamming that start button till you get in a que.  10-30 minutes is average for weekdays.

On a weekend, like this weekend. Expect to spend 30min - 1hour spamming the start button to try and get in.

For the record, I have 'never' once 'not' been able to get in (besides the servers being down completely). Granted, it was difficult and required some persistence, but I still got in. Obviously, other people are just as determined as me (or they just never logged out) because the servers are riddled with activity.

For the people complaining, It is understandable. However, do not say that you can't get in. You can get in, you just don't want to take the time to do it.

Hell no I don't want to spend a hour logging into a game >_>. I play games for fun, trying to log into a game for a hour is not fun. The server issues are stupid, and It's frustrating. I don't understand why SE can't just reset the servers every day or so,  so that AFK's will be kicked at least. 

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Spent 5 hours trying to go on to the EU servers. This launch is a joke - it's one thing remaking the game once, it's another to screw up the second launch. Badly played by Square Enix - this MMO is a trainwreck.
  • DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

Not sure where you got that bit from. Haven't heard anything remotely close to that...quite the opposite if anything.

As for the OP, I'd have to agree. Pretty much had my girlfriend convinced (for the first time ever) that she'd play an MMO with me. I haven't been able to make a single character for her yet, let alone connect to the servers lately. The only time I'm generally ever able to, I'm using a repeater on my keyboard.

The game is good, the music and art style are both beautiful. The gameplay and everything is run of the mill, but I can deal with it. The two big things making me question whether I'm going to continue past this month...the server issues, and the incredibly small maps and invisible walls, not immersive for me personally in any sense.

• StimzStimz Member UncommonPosts: 79
    My problem is making a character... the server with my guild has been full ever since I bought the game, haha.

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

This is how i get in to play everyday.

Step 1: Download Xpadder

Step 2: Plug in a console USB controller

Step 3: Open Xpadder make a button that pushs Numpad 0

Step 4: Turn that button on Toggle, and Turbo

Step 5: Load the game hit the button and the macro on the button will Spam numpad 0 constantly trying to log you in.

Step 6: Walk away for about 5 - 10 minutes and you should be logged in standing around when you return. :-)

Happy Hunting

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Using a macro spammer is the only way to get in now.  Which sadly is not a good way to keep people around.  I would say most of the people are AFK reserving their play times.  I have even done it a few times, even though the idea is terrible.  I have work and school both.  I don't have the spare time to sit around and manually spam login for 30 minutes.  Hopefully they fix something soon.  I'd prefer booting afkers after 15 minutes like most other games.  That would alleviate some of the issues.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by shakermaker0
    Spent 5 hours trying to go on to the EU servers. This launch is a joke - it's one thing remaking the game once, it's another to screw up the second launch. Badly played by Square Enix - this MMO is a trainwreck.

Did you try Phoenix server? I usually have no issues logging in that European server.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Its also true that many people login at low pop times, and then just afk rather than logout.  That said, I have been able to get in every day, but often it takes several hours.   If I didnt have massive time to try it really would be a problem.  Sorry for those people that arent retired.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

it looks like ffxiv is making my mind up for me,

to subscribe or not to they should be ashamed of themselves.

all the problems and people not getting early access while they paid for it.

as soon as a good mmo releases this game will be just a bad memory for me.

only playing it cause I got 2 weeks free and the game is not to bad .

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

From the official forums

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/72704-Windows-Disconnection-Error-Code-2002

1)Restart communication equipment
    Turn off the power of your communication equipment for 30 minutes to an hour.

I did not make that up.

------------------------------------------------------------

also

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/72707-Connection-fails-when-trying-to-link-a-SENID-with-a-SQEXID-(Error-code-11070-500

Connection fails when trying to link a SENID with a SQEXID (Error code 11070, 500]

You must allow cookies in the XMB browser settings. For more information on how to enable cookies, please visit this site http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...ser/menub.html

• PluppetsPluppets Member Posts: 45

Ultimate Easy-mode fix for logging in:::::

--> http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?3343-Kreugen-s-1017-macro <--

Still, they need to add AFK kicking + a larger queue.