Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BOTS in FFXIV how did they enter if the game is paid.

13»

Comments

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by svann
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Interesting.  I haven't seen a gold seller yet....  Haven't payed attention enough to say anything about bots....

Ive reported then blacklisted almost 1 a day.

Wow.  I haven't seen one yet.  Thank gods....  I am sure that may change though.  It is inevitable in any MMO really.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Gallus85
    Originally posted by Squeak69
    Originally posted by Cheook

I on the other hand disagree on every point here.

Based on what facts?

facts? none its my opinion, just like your post was mainly a opinion, don't confuse what is your opinion for fact.

No, my comments were based on facts.  Hope that helps clear things up.

The video you posted was well made, no doubt. But it still was an opinion and din't serve any facts.

Yes it did, and so did I.  I suggest you watch it again and pay attention.  Things like barring content, restricting players access, P2W vs real F2P, more players = content, etc.  Those points are not opinions.  They are based on hard data and facts.  Like it or not.

But don't take my word on it.  The volatile nature of P2P will consume FFXIV soon enough.  A few months from now (maybe sooner) the game will bleed subscribers, servers will start to be feel a little empty, which will cause more players to not want to invest their time in the game, causing more subs to go away.  FFXIV will be made F2P before March of 2014 in an attempt to keep the game alive.

tell that to everquest, WoW, EvE, finalfantasy 11, and a handful of others that instead of going for the cheap build quick buck method stuck it out and are still making a profit.

sorry but 8have you looked at your F2P games, what you described as the un avoidable fate of P2P is happening to them.

also once agian this is all opinion not fact, a fact is 2+2 = 4 a opinion is pie is better then cake ( which still leaves me with the question of cheesecake which I prefer but that another matter)

See here's the problem.  2+2=4, and the things I said are on the same level as that.  So is the video I posted.

Facts.  P2P creates a barrier to entry and in return it creates a volatile subscriber base.  It, for a fact, has a load of issues.  A lot of it can be analyzed with basic psychology.  When a person pays a subscription and doesn't get to log in enough, they feel they "wasted money" and it causes negative feelings.  This happens to countless people and it's a fact of life that is not up for dispute which causes games to lose tons of potential players and causes massive problems in the long run.

You don't have this issue with F2P games.  F2P works like a mall.  People like to buy things when they get a good in their hands.  They didn't pay to get into the mall, and they didn't buy a lot of the stuff in the mall, but they pick out a few things and they leave happy.  When a person purchases a mount, or bag slots, or an outfit in a F2P game, it makes them feel good, just like a shopper in the mall that buy's a nice item they wanted.  They get an item in their hand directly, for the money they paid.  It's a feel-good experience.

Now throw a person into a mall, charge them $15 to get in, and then have their boss call them into work 10 minutes later before they got to do or buy anything.  That is exactly what P2P is.  It's a barrier that causes discord for no real reason.

Also, your examples of previous games is laughable at best.  EQ, EvE, WoW, FFXI are all games that launched in the non-F2P era.  Where the only games in town of that kind of quality and scale were P2P, and the competition was near non-existant.  It is a completely different world today.  There are tons of high quality, massive in scope, AAA F2P games out there now.  So your comparison is not valid.

Also, EQ went F2P and it drastically improved the game population and increased revenue for the game.  The result?  14 years later and they just released their 20th expansion.

WoW is F2P up to level 20 and is contemplating a F2P model because they're bleeding subs hard.

EvE is P2P, but has a cash shop on top of a subscription and it has the benefit of being an extremely niche game (Sci-Fi, Sandboxy, MMORPG, hardcore pvp...)  There is nothing like it and it doesn't have to compete with a wave of F2P titles that emulate it.

I don't know anything about FFXI, aside from the fact that it too is a non-F2P era launched game.  So I won't comment past that.

Finally your comment "instead of going for the cheap build quick buck method"  is completely asinine.  F2P/P2P are payment methods and does not reflect on a game's quality.  There are tons of games out there that are amazingly fun and high quality games that are F2P or extremely cheap (There are indie games out there that cost 1/5 or 1/10th of the price of a AAA title that are far better than titles put out by big name companies with multi-million dollar budgets *Though this would be an opinion of mine, of course*).

Planetside 2 and Tribes Ascend are some of the highest quality, most innovative and greatest sci-fi shooters that have launched in many years (not an opinion), and both are F2P, with quality and innovation that extends beyond most pay2play shooters out.

And of course, there are some REALLY bad P2P games out there that don't even compare to many F2P games.

It's a payment method, one that has far more pros than cons, factually. So your comment is bogus.

once again the F2P has more pros then P2P is a opinion, you can tell me all day it isn't but the things you list as cons I see as pros, the things you see as pros I see as cons its a matter of opinion and one I do not agree with. simple as that.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by svann
    Interesting.  I haven't seen a gold seller yet....  Haven't payed attention enough to say anything about bots....

Ive reported then blacklisted almost 1 a day.

Wow.  I haven't seen one yet.  Thank gods....  I am sure that may change though.  It is inevitable in any MMO really.

ya gold sellers are unavoidable in MMOs I mainly re[port then ignor ethem.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by korent1991

Bots are everywhere... in every mmorpg no matter how much does it cost.

People/companies with bots are usually stealing accounts in order to play, but it doesn't mean they never buy them.

+ banning them won't really help when income>expenditures that come with buying a new account and use it with a different IP.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"