Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is crafting in this game worth it?

Title pretty much says it all. Is crafting going to be worth it in the long run? I noticed a lot of stuff I was crafting I was getting through quests as well. Right now I'm THM and doing goldsmithing / weaving and mining. Probably going fishing eventually too just for fun.

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Yes. Your first class will get outfitted with the same gear as crafted as you go through the main scenario. HQ crafted versions have slightly better stats and are about on par with dungeon drops. Main scenario questline is non repeatable so if/when you want to level up another combat class, you're gonna be gearing up through crafted gear mostly. Crafting also provides materia, food, and furniture so there will always be a demand for those as well.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

The interdependecy is fcking amazing in this game.

To fully equip my lancer (which is my main) self-fund, I am forced to get all three gathering" classes and all crafting jobs except the chef.

But yeah, seeing the stats, crafting is worth it at the absolute endgame :P.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Raserei
    For me, I just love working on all the different classes. I feel like I am working toward this epic end goal. So I'm having fun regardless and if it turns out it isn't uber powerful, we can use our constructive feedback to get it tweaked by the developers.

agreed. I look at it as a fantastic foundation. This is what the game launched with:

11 non combat professions
    High quality resources
    Experimentation
    Dyes
    Custom vendors
    our own stats on gear
    14+ abilities
    our own resource pool
    tons of overlap

I mean, this is better than 99% of the crafting in mmos that have been out for years and this is what we get to start off with? amazing.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

crafting is pointess atm. u can buy from vendor gear/weapons. then there is Grand company where u can spend seals to buy buy gear.

Guess crafted food and buffs come handly in end game hardest dungeon... maeby.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

crafting is pointess atm. u can buy from vendor gear/weapons. then there is Grand company where u can spend seals to buy buy gear.

Sorry what? You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. A HQ crafted level 20 Book (Arcanist) with 2 custom Materia beats everything at that level. Crafting produces the best gear, end of story.

Double or triple melded gear is the absolute ultimate gear you can get at any level. Only crafters can do that.

What a muppet!

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Originally posted by taus01

Sorry what? You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. A HQ crafted level 20 Book (Arcanist) with 2 custom Materia beats everything at that level. Crafting produces the best gear, end of story.

Double or triple melded gear is the absolute ultimate gear you can get at any level. Only crafters can do that.

What a muppet!

u know how fast level is? its pointless/waste of money buy crafted gear. my archer havent buyd ANY gear and is 43 lvl. i just save money some think better.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by taus01

What a muppet!

u know how fast level is? its pointless/waste of money buy crafted gear. my archer havent buyd ANY gear and is 43 lvl. i just save money some think better.

Yeah leveling is fast. I usually just stick to dungeon chest item ad quest items. Even without customized/crafted gear I have to be careful at DPS rotations in dungeons to avoid pulling aggro off the tanks.

For now I am bankrolling my craft items (other than fish...I stop that altogether...I'll resume as a 'leisure pastime later) and I'll pick 1 or 2 Hand disciplines later in the game. Maybe...Unless the MB determines the price of drops to be more or less equal to the cost of the crafted item.

Right now I am very curious as to where the economy is going/will end up in the next month or two.

Only the Shadow knows!