Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting a refund?

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

"THE ONLY WAY FOR 1.0 NON LEGACY PLAYERS TO GET EARLY ACCESS IS TO PRE-ORDER THE GAME."

"You didnt pay for early access".

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by icculus2112
    Originally posted by Lugors

Anyone start down the path of getting a refund yet.  Is it worth even engaging customer service, or should we just contact our bank and get a charge back?

Believe everyone is clear on why consumers would start this process with an online game that is rarely online and barely playable.

People that try to get a refund to this to me are despicable human beings.*

You dont deserve a refund*.  You were never guaranteed access the whole 3 days.  You never paid for those three days.  Its borderline fraudulent to ask for a refund for this.  Not to mention shows a complete misunderstanding of the technical aspects of the genre.  Not to mention you havent even waited to see if they will give you additional free time on top of what you already have.  

*possible exception to the 1.0 owners that basically paid 30 bucks for only the early access

Here, consumer protection actually says the opposite. If you promise something in exchange for money, consumers are entitled to a refund if it does not work exactly as you said it would.  You write 3 days early access, but it turns out it's less? Then you are the fraudster. Anyhow, another law obliges refunds to be given if you ask for it within 7 days except for clothes, deodorant and the likes as long as you return it with the original packaging. So I guess fraud it depends on where you live.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by imrobertjames

Jesus people.  We have a right to be upset.  We paid money for a product we aren't able to use.  We keep getting the same bullshit cut and paste responses thanking us for or patience, etc, etc, blah blah.

SE gave us a broken piece of crap with 1.0.  We now have an excellent game that's broken because we can't log in and play it.  I don't know if your money came from your parents or what.  Mine came from 16 hour days in the military.  I have a right to be upset about the fact that even the errors give no information.  "World Full LULZ, try again when there is an opening".  Ok... HOW THE HELL DO I KNOW WHEN THERE IS AN OPENING!

Three times while I've been trying to log in I get a queue message.  I've been 2nd, 17th, and 94th in the queue and each time it just pops up again with a 1017 World Full message.

It's fucking broke.  I paid money.  I have a right to be upset about it.

There's an easy lesson for people who don't want to deal with launch issues in MMOs: Stop pre ordering them. Like it or not, they come with the territory and throwing a temper tantrum and condescending everyone else isn't going to change that. Take a breath, go do something else with your time, the game will be here when you get back. 

• The only way I could see anyone, in decent conscience, get a refund would be if they don't get to play the game during the early access period. I mean, I've played, but no where near as much as I want. IMO, the game is great, but if you paid for early access and don't get to reliably play until after the 27th, it could be reasonable that the consumer be refunded, at the most, what was paid for early access. 
  • page975page975 Member Posts: 312
    I'll bet you can log right into World of Warcraft......Go try that !
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Anyone start down the path of getting a refund yet.  Is it worth even engaging customer service, or should we just contact our bank and get a charge back?

Believe everyone is clear on why consumers would start this process with an online game that is rarely online and barely playable.

If the appeal of new mmorpgs has drop over the years then the appeal of current mmorpg players has followed suit tenfold. I can no longer log into a mmorpg and feel like a majority of the players crossing my path are even worth getting to know. Especially when examples like this post are being touted by the OP as being worthy of discussion. Very sad indeed.

But technical problems like the ones being experienced from the FFXIV early access serves as a unintentional purpose of straining out players of this caliber.  So I'm not too broken up about how things are unfolding. The level of maintenance players like this require are a burden no dev team deserves to shoulder. I can imagine having to group with someone like this when something goes wrong. Just reading his negative reaction would only make me go apesh!t crazy inside. I probably wouldn't say much in chat....but man, flags would be popping up all over the place to never group with this guy again.

Oh well one down, I wonder how many more to go?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

If the appeal of new mmorpgs has drop over the years then the appeal of current mmorpg players has followed suit tenfold. I can no longer log into a mmorpg and feel like a majority of the players crossing my path are even worth getting to know. Especially when examples like this post are being touted by the OP as being worthy of discussion. Very sad indeed.

But technical problems like the ones being experienced from the FFXIV early access serves as a unintentional purpose of straining out players of this caliber.  So I'm not too broken up about how things are unfolding. The level of maintenance players like this require are a burden no dev team deserves to shoulder. I can imagine having to group with someone like this when something goes wrong. Just reading his negative reaction would only make me go apesh!t crazy inside. I probably wouldn't say much in chat....but man, flags would be popping up all over the place to never group with this guy again.

Oh well one down, I wonder how many more to go?

Translation: "I'm a Final Fantasy fanboi, and anyone's complaints about my game will be met with the rightwing-esque 'IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GET OUT!'".

I'm a big fan of this game, but even my patience is wearing thin quickly. I pre-paid to get early access. I've been able to log on a total of 2 hours in two days. To say "This is normal" and excusing this absolute ineptitude on the part of Square Enix is ridiculous, and you are the reason these game launches get worse and worse......because people like you make excuses for them no matter how badly they fail. Not getting server lists, disconnect errors, hit and miss queues (sometimes in queue, sometimes just says "Get bent, world's full")......these things are NOT normal. What has happened here is Square Enix got gunshy after the 1.0 debacle. They didn't open enough servers, and apparently are running the game on very low end servers if they can only handle so few players before locking everyone out.

Couple that with the utter stupidity of not afking people out, and you have people staying online while they sleep and go out, effectively locking others out while they're not even playing. This is 101 MMO shit, and it's pretty bush league to leave crap like that in the game in this day and age.

I know people like the person I quoted, who live off mommy and daddy and are off school for a few more weeks could care less. Those of us who woke up early from sleeping after working all night and are headed back soon are pissed off at this launch. If it doesn't change by real launch, I will be canceling my pre-order, because I refuse to make excuses for poor workmanship. 

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Jesus people.  We have a right to be upset.  We paid money for a product we aren't able to use.  We keep getting the same bullshit cut and paste responses thanking us for or patience, etc, etc, blah blah.SE gave us a broken piece of crap with 1.0.  We now have an excellent game that's broken because we can't log in and play it.  I don't know if your money came from your parents or what.  Mine came from 16 hour days in the military.  I have a right to be upset about the fact that even the errors give no information.  "World Full LULZ, try again when there is an opening".  Ok... HOW THE HELL DO I KNOW WHEN THERE IS AN OPENING!Three times while I've been trying to log in I get a queue message.  I've been 2nd, 17th, and 94th in the queue and each time it just pops up again with a 1017 World Full message.It's fucking broke.  I paid money.  I have a right to be upset about it.

You are acting as if SE scamed you.
    They even extended the EA period, meaning the payimg month it's not even counting yet. And you are getting your EA items for pre purchasing.
    Calm down. They will fix the issues in no time and next week we all will be laughing about this.
    Originally posted by Juaks

Jesus people.  We have a right to be upset.  We paid money for a product we aren't able to use.  We keep getting the same bullshit cut and paste responses thanking us for or patience, etc, etc, blah blah.

SE gave us a broken piece of crap with 1.0.  We now have an excellent game that's broken because we can't log in and play it.  I don't know if your money came from your parents or what.  Mine came from 16 hour days in the military.  I have a right to be upset about the fact that even the errors give no information.  "World Full LULZ, try again when there is an opening".  Ok... HOW THE HELL DO I KNOW WHEN THERE IS AN OPENING!

Three times while I've been trying to log in I get a queue message.  I've been 2nd, 17th, and 94th in the queue and each time it just pops up again with a 1017 World Full message.

It's fucking broke.  I paid money.  I have a right to be upset about it.

You are acting as if SE scamed you. They even extended the EA period, meaning the payimg month it's not even counting yet. And you are getting your EA items for pre purchasing. Calm down. They will fix the issues in no time and next week we all will be laughing about this.

No, you and the enablers will be laughing about it, whilst trying to put together an 8 man raid since the game will be a ghostland. They've already failed once. Do you think this is making people feel like SE learned their lesson and released a polished product this time? STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR SHODDY WORK. These bugs were known in Beta 3, continued into Beta 4, and are still here during EA. Stop just writing it off as "Normal Launch Procedure". It's stupidity like that that makes them think "Just launch it, we can patch it later. They think it's normal anyways".

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I didnt realize this game was released already.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by zevian

nope no paymeant option added yet im willing to bet they delay release and keep it as early access or give us free time

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

I hope those asking for refunds get them. I'd prefer they not be in my game world anyways.

I wonder what game they will be playing instead. Probably nothing. but at least they'll have their $30 back. Maybe they can invest it and retire early.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by zevian

Some people seem to say it is. It technically isn't until the 27th.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

If somebody pre-ordered for early access to the game, but doesn't get early access to the game they shouldn't complain?

Humanity is lost because consumers expect to get what they purchased from these supposedly "quality" AAA games with P2P model?

Funny thing is I be most people who think that way are "Libertarians".  What a fucking joke.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Ah yes, the familiar cry of the "me generation".

These kind of server hiccups are part of almost every MMO launch. Those of us who are MMO vets are dealing with this as best we can and realize that we're all not owed a thing.

Get over yourself.

If these issues are still happening after the first 30 days when subs start, then it's fine to be upset. But until then, just play something else/go for a walk/<insert time-consuming activity here>

Relaaaaaaax.....

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

Maybe they should have gone for PWE's Open Beta stage for a couple of months.......any f.up's go under the OB banner then.

See......Hear......Get DC'd.....

• page975page975 Member Posts: 312

Just think how foolish people will feel getting a refund, and in three days trying to start a new account and by screwing up there username passwords to get everything turned back on....All because they are acting like babies right now :)

Heads will be low when everyone is having fun by around tuesday !

• moondragomoondrago Member UncommonPosts: 47
    i dont  understand  why everyone is  sticking up for a  company that  didnt   figure out  that   they needed more  servers...is it  really that  hard to  check your  sales  number and  know you  need  a  shit  load of  servers   to run the  game .... let  see  they did have a  beta ... and   how  hard would it be  for them to    see  how  many  pre orders  were  sold  ......  any ways  .. i   took the   weekend off to  play  and  i did get in on  saturday  but  have  only been in  for about  an  hour  on sunday  ... and  i  PAID for  early access ... but im not  really  getting it  .... i just  summit  a  ticket  for   a  refund  ... if this  is what its  like at    early release   ... i  double the  company will  step up   when it  is  release   .. that is if  they  dont   push  the  release   date   BACK 

its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

Originally posted by zenryoku

Ah yes, the familiar cry of the "me generation".

These kind of server hiccups are part of almost every MMO launch. Those of us who are MMO vets are dealing with this as best we can and realize that we're all not owed a thing.

Get over yourself.

If these issues are still happening after the first 30 days when subs start, then it's fine to be upset. But until then, just play something else/go for a walk/

Relaaaaaaax.....

You know, I don't think I'd be so upset if it weren't for the "Never AFK out" stupidity. As it is, there are several thousand people just sleeping right now, taking up server space. I can get online......kinda. Then it says "World is full. Please try again later when a spot opens". Last I checked, that was what queues are for. Instead, I have to keep clicking trying to get a spot, and when I DO get into a queue, I normally get the 10102 error that has been around since BETA TWO. I'm much older than the "me generation", and telling people they shouldn't be upset about such a failure of a launch tells me one of a few things:

1. You're not even playing the game, so you could care less
    2. You're a Square/Enix or FF fanboi
    3. You're one of the apologists who will make excuses for anyone's abject failure
    4. You're logged in and refuse to log out even if you're not actualy playing (effectively make YOU the "me generation")
    Either way, this is a piss poor management of early access. Now, even if I DO get online, the word is there is STILL the problem with dungeons and instances that is not allowing people to move forward in the storyline anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter if I get online. 

TL:DR - Telling people not to be upset about something they paid money for, or telling them you're glad they're gone because they expect better from a company who so colossally failed at this once before is stupidity squared. If I sold you a car, and two days later, the engine fell out, would you be saying "It's NORMAL on new cars for bad things to happen", or would you be looking to a lawyer to sue under the Lemon Laws?
  • DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Is this a good time to talk about f2p versus p2p?
  • DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    The problem with mmorpg launches it that EVERYONE wants to play the first few days for as long as they can. By the middle of next week only half of the same player base will be logged in at any one time. Just give it a few days and everything will be fine believe me.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by moondrago
    i dont  understand  why everyone is  sticking up for a  company that  didnt   figure out  that   they needed more  servers..

WoW, warhammer, aion, rift, swtor completely screwed up amounts of server at launch. WoW launch was horrible. Aion had 3.5k queue for all servers for first few weeks (and empty servers 3 months after launch). In some ways what warhammer, rift and swtor did was worse because they doubled amounts of servers from prestart to launch which meant half their servers were full, and the other half were empty.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by icculus2112

People that try to get a refund to this to me are despicable human beings.*

You dont deserve a refund*.  You were never guaranteed access the whole 3 days.  You never paid for those three days.  Its borderline fraudulent to ask for a refund for this.  Not to mention shows a complete misunderstanding of the technical aspects of the genre.  Not to mention you havent even waited to see if they will give you additional free time on top of what you already have.  

*possible exception to the 1.0 owners that basically paid 30 bucks for only the early access

Actually they were promised 3 Full days of headstart and if there is any true real actionable fraud here it is on the part of SE and they know it. Hell the whole concept of selling a game to people then closing it down and reworking it then requiring you to pay MORE to play the game you have already purchased lol that is fraud on a level that could end up having the crap sued out of them.

Originally posted by Deolus
    The problem with mmorpg launches it that EVERYONE wants to play the first few days for as long as they can. By the middle of next week only half of the same player base will be logged in at any one time. Just give it a few days and everything will be fine believe me.

A lot of us get that. But here is the problem........if you do stupid things, like cap the population on servers WAY too low, or make it so people never log out if they afk too long.....those two things together are going to be failure incarnate. They should suck it up and do what EVERY MMO does. Launch with TOO MANY servers if anything, and combine them later when the population falls off. that way, you don't have several thousand pissed off customers wondering why they preordered a game that they were assured would not be a total failure like the 1.0 version of it. My concern is, this is not instilling confidence in SE or the game at all, and with its reputation fr failure on this SAME GAME in the past, the population will suffer for it. 

I get it MIGHT be better in a few days (doubtful considering there will be even MORE people after launch), but the people who put their faith and money into SE to get early access are essentially getting nothing now besides some stupid cosmetic hat and a non-combat pet. I would have waited a few weeks if that was the only thing I was going to get.

My guess is that launch will be pushed and EA extended until this abject failure is cleaned up. They cannot risk another failure on this game. SE lost several percent of its stock worth the first time this bombed. They cannot afford it again.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Originally posted by Drakephire
    Is this a good time to talk about f2p versus p2p?

this.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯