Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25): Follow-up

2»

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by evianwater
    Originally posted by icculus2112
    Originally posted by evianwater

This crap about "It's Early Access, you didn't pay for it" Is total BS..it's not some added benefit..its just a marketing ploy to get you to pre-order instead of waiting for release. Don't act like "YAY ITS FREE FUN FOR EVERYONE!!" you still paid for it..

Companies have to be held accountable for shitty products and shitty service. Don't try to defend their mistakes. 

Except you didnt pay for it.  If you pre ordered the game you did not pay more than the 29.99  its free time.  not paid for.  

The poor communication not withstanding, your last bit shows a complete lack of understanding how things work.  It is impossible to be certain when the lights go on everything will work.  No matter how big of a stress test you try to run, it will always be a small fraction of the real thing.  You have entirely unreasonable expectations.  Yes, to expect things would be great this weekend was unreasonable.

Again, Ill agree the communication stinks.  And my guess is they will give people an extra day or two added on to their first month anyway.   

Did you get the EA if you didnt pre-order ? Did you get it if you didn't pay 29.99 ? 

No ? Ok..then yes you paid for it lol

i didnt pay anything for my pre order codes i bpught hte ps3 version for my brother thats it

• DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55

PS3 players had to pay 39.99.

• healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I see it as an impromptu stress test on there login servers that they are getting from people who paid money for there game instead of freeloading open beta testers
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Drithe

PS3 players had to pay 39.99.

yea  but i needed that copy anyways

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

(I'd also like to say that please realize most MMO launches do not go smoothly such as GW2, WoW, Aion or SWTOR. If you're frustrated, take a breather while the problems are worked out. Remember your health and take a break; take a nap, drink some water, relax, read a book etc. These congestion issues will get resolved in time, unlike the game design flaws 1.0 had. The game will still be here when you get back.)

Also remember that your Early Access was extended by a number of days.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1l2lic/nalogin_limitation_after_emergency_maintenance/

What do they mean it was extended? Are they referring to OB? That can't 'extend' without pushing back opening day...

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by Digna

What do they mean it was extended? Are they referring to OB? That can't 'extend' without pushing back opening day...

Game-breaking errors will be extended to the 29th - the game will be playable on the 30th? :p

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308

Since you brought up other game launches. WoW's was atrocious, but SWTOR sent the benchmark for smooth launches, their biggest problem was que times, they didnt have game-breaking bugs. Nor did GW2. 

So..yeah..this is bad .