Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi there, the world is full... get lost

describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Seriously how badly managed are the servers on this game (when they can keep them up and running). I'd post this on the forums, but they still operate like it's 1999 -  you don't have privileges to create a new thread.  Seriously.

Don't tell me it's "not launch" and it's early access. my patience would be better if like aion we had 9 hour queues to deal with rather than being told "sorry you can't play on this server"

Sorry it's a fail, you put so many people onto a world, and then judge it with closing down new characters and opening up new servers if need be. I I have never in MMO history came across the error "the world is full, there is no queue try again later.. they're may be an opening" essentially that's what it says.

Can you imagine that at launch or anytime. "hi i'm sorry you put in 40 hours into your character and are paying a subscription every month to keep this server open, but we were stupid enough to allow so many people onto it, you can no longer play here..."

Thing is they're allowed maintenance, emergency  maintenance and patches, and closing down the server for the full day on the EULA. But... it doesn't cover the "world is full" ... refunds abound.

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

Comments

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

First, let me say thank you for making a new thread on the subject, it was needed.

Second, it does't say "Hi there, the World is full... get lost". Neither does it essentially say "the world is full, there is no queue try again later.. they're may be an opening"

[mod edit]

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    incoming "calm down this is not launch yet" or "don't play if it bothers you" or "useless thread" comments xD hope this will stop some from posting them and trolling and ridiculing though at least in first page lol
    while this is not the worst soft launch yet as i mentioned in another topic i understand your rage and it's normal.hope things get better.

also EDIT: at least queue system is working again at EU it seems...at least i got in xD

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    This is the norm for most MMOs on launch day. Also, this isn't launch, this is early access. :)
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

I'm not entirely sure why people bother to care about early access as much as they do.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    I would complain about World Full messeges except that the line moves so fast I barely have the time. I could be 100th in line and the next second be in the game, so it's alot better than other launches I've participated in.
  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley

I'm not entirely sure why people bother to care about early access as much as they do.

Because it is something they paid either extra or early to be able to play it?

It´s not a gift that has been given out of good will, it is a reward in exchange of both trust and money so of course, the customers have all the rights to be able to enjoy it.

Granted i am  locked out too  and i am not all that bothered personally, i decided to bake a yummy handmade pizza instead <3

But i can understand 100% how people feel.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Remember that feeling when you were a kid on Christmas Eve, so excited to open your presents. All you could think about was that super awesome toy that you couldn't wait to play with. Well imagine that you were able to unwrap and play with that toy instead of having to wait. ALSO imagine your friends were all playing with the toy too and having a blast. It's kind of like that.

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    It happened in SW:TOR, had me pissed off so badly. It happens at every freaking launch man.
  • lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260
    you know what is so funney about all this they spend all that time rebuilding the game and went though a very good beta to fall flat on its face with server issues :)).
  • taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

They are like that kid that stomps through the sandbox destroying everything because his mother took away his shovel.

It's the usual grief that they still don't have the MMO they wanted and their last hyped MMO did not deliver what they expected and failed like so many before it. They now feel the need to lash out at a newly released MMO to make them feel better.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Originally posted by TheHavok

Remember that feeling when you were a kid on Christmas Eve, so excited to open your presents. All you could think about was that super awesome toy that you couldn't wait to play with. Well imagine that you were able to unwrap and play with that toy instead of having to wait. ALSO imagine your friends were all playing with the toy too and having a blast. It's kind of like that.

I see what you mean to a point. But now imagine that year after year, as you try to open this

gift, someone in the family is unable to do so on a mostly random level. This year it happens

to you. Is it really that unexpected? Not, imo.

I have EA & am not even attempting to log in because, well, it's not that big a deal.

• alin1209alin1209 Member UncommonPosts: 61

Leme say this!No excuse for this retardism i see in SE.

First of i got charged and i payd for this early acces and for the game itself...cut this Beta bulshit as an excuse.If u want money wot u deliver?Server full trie again later?
    Wot is this no que?Do i need to spam all day to get in the play buton?

...I am so pised right now!

I very rarely pay for a game and finaly i tought this worth my money but gues wot...all game companies are so dam retards that i question the requirement for a person to have a job there.

How can u asck for money when i cant play?

Moust retard sistem on to date about the management of the launch and the influx of new players.

Out of words seriously...just playn stupid retard.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by alin1209

First of i got charged and i payd for this early acces and for the game itself...cut this Beta bulshit as an excuse.If u want money wot u deliver?Server full trie again later?

I very rarely pay for a game and finaly i tought this worth my money but gues wot...all game companies are so dam retards that i question the requirement for a person to have a job there.

Moust retard sistem on to date about the management of the launch and the influx of new players.

I forsee great things in your life....

• trisoxtrisox Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by alin1209

you paid for the game, releasing on 27th, the early access is only a gift square enix makes to their playerbase, if you decide to buy games so you can access them earlier, you'll gonna have a bad time. certainly i wanna play right now, too, but im not as pissed as some others are, its still early access, i would have wished they used the open beta to fix all the real wrong stuff, but guess they didnt and now its more like a "late beta" rather than "early access"

still, no point in raging like a furious Chickenboss on Drugs.

• StormXXXStormXXX Member Posts: 48

imageMay be because it is actually a launch?  You may wrap this stuff with any words you deem fit, but when you look at it from a different perspective - it is launch. It was part of the deal you paid for when you PRE-ordered. People that want to play it will pre-order it. Those that pre-ordered the game get "Early access", those that didn't - doubtfully will buy it on day 1 of the "official launch". May be they should rename it to "Late exclusive pre-launch stress test" and stop mentioning about it anywhere the price tag is placed.....

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

Well hopefully they'll implement a queueu system by the "actual launch", else there'll be a shitstorm.

But seriously, no queueu system in 2013, what in the actual fuck?

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Definitely not beta. And instead of this being "early access" it's more like "You no Japanese, no access for you!"

Lies. image

What kind of argument is "it's a regular thing for MMOs?" Doesn't make it any more right. Until these companies get it right, we shouldn't be cutting them some slack.

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    Since I am not interested in paying a sub, they servers can stay full ha ha to those that want to pay a sub, good luck in getting your moneys worth!
    Originally posted by StormXXX

imageMay be because it is actually a launch?  You may wrap this stuff with any words you deem fit, but when you look at it from a different perspective - it is launch. It was part of the deal you paid for when you PRE-ordered. People that want to play it will pre-order it. Those that pre-ordered the game get "Early access", those that didn't - doubtfully will buy it on day 1 of the "official launch". May be they should rename it to "Late exclusive pre-launch stress test" and stop mentioning about it anywhere the price tag is placed.....

Early access is a staggered launch. They're having some problems with overpopulated

servers at launch. Is this unheard of? No. Is it the best case scenario? No. So why are you

pissing into the wind & complaining about being wet? These things rarely come off without

a hitch. As in, never. Someone always has a problem each & every time. There is no

flawless launch. There is always some person out there that gets the shaft. Take a bit of

solace in knowing that there are a lot of people who are interested in this game. Or would

you rather play now, with empty servers & have the game shut down in 6 months? I suspect

that may be the case.

Hike up your skirts, ladies. Perfection is not easy. Attempt it in your life & you will know this.

• BallsoutBallsout Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Sweet

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Oh i remember the 3 hour queue times in Aion launch date....
    3 hour queue times hmmmmm........3 hours before you get to play.......and once you were finaly in you got disconnected and you were back in the queue..........

If a server us full it means its full, like so full that queue times can be to high then you come here crying about long queue times.

Its the way it is, go play another mmo if its such a big deal or roll on a less populated server with your friends ?

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    This is the norm for most MMOs on launch day. Also, this isn't launch, this is early access. :)

Which is a nice excuse isn't it? as if game devs learn nothing from launch of other MMOS and make preperations to deal with such issues before hand.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Which is a nice excuse isn't it? as if game devs learn nothing from launch of other MMOS and make preperations to deal with such issues before hand.

This is SquEnix's THIRD attempt at launching an MMO. With how high the stakes are for them I was thinking they would have been better prepared.

But we know how well certain titles have ended up after being heavily defended by its staunchest fans.

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

I dont understand there was a queue for my wife and myself telling me in what position we were.

The highest i saw was 100 and it didnt even take a min to be in game.

Did something happen to the queue while i was sleeping? Or is this a baseless troll threat?

Originally posted by Doomedfox

I dont understand there was a queue for my wife and myself telling me in what position we were.

The highest i saw was 100 and it didnt even take a min to be in game.

Did something happen to the queue while i was sleeping? Or is this a baseless troll threat?

No. I've experienced it myself. It's a shot in the dark. Sometimes I got put into queue, other times I was given an error or client closed on me.