Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers locked... again?!

Comments

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Alberel
    Originally posted by Bluefear77
    Originally posted by joe2721

Right now on the server  selection all NA and EU are locked, in case any ones wondering.

Also the go play on another server  is really  a lame one  put yourself in  someone elses shoes for two seconds and maybe have some compassion and  empathy for they're frustration

Why should I feel empathy towards their frustration? Should I feel sorry because they didn't access beta phase 4 which was open to damn near everyone who actually applied? Should I feel sorry because they didn't plan anything ahead? Why should I feel empathy towards the true issue here; laziness.

Maybe we weren't available the weekend of phase 4? Wow, what a crazy thought!

Plan ahead or else it's your fault, people had more than ample time to properly create their characters (my guild 80 some odd people managed to register on our server with no issues so far.) SE gave people the ability to log into P4 to make their characters (obviously you didn't take advantage of that) and you could have logged in at 5:00 EST. Once again obviously you didn't take advantage of that. It's your fault and once again no one elses.

See my previous post. Also several of the worlds have been locked since the servers came up. You're just trolling at this point.

Nice to see all the servers are down now though. Now we're all in the same boat. Karma indeed.

You know what's funny? Is that there were certain servers even during Phase 4 that we couldn't create our characters on either. However, my guild and friends adapted our plans from creating our characters on Odin to choose a new server. Now we're all home sweet home on Cactuar.

Yeah and you all started at exactly the same time so that wasn't exactly difficult to do. For players that DON'T all start at the same time, of which there are many, that's not so easy to coordinate. We do not know which servers will be locked from one minute to the next.

You keep speaking of laziness and being prepared but there is no way to plan for this situation. How do you plan for randomly locking and unlocking servers? Bear in mind that here in the EU there are fewer servers and ALL of them are going through the locking cycle. I know you guys in the US have a number of servers that never lock... so I can only imagine you're basing your attacks on your NA experience which is rather different to how things are unfolding here in the EU.

Stop calling people lazy just because you got lucky.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205

There is no reason. They have login queues so any issues relating to having too many characters on a server are solved by that alone.

The official statement from SE is that it's to reduce congestion in starting areas... but Moogle was already locked before the servers went live so I find it hard to believe the starting zones are congested at all.

This is because people who can't level properly just hogs the god damn spot and just chill there, I mean Jesus christ, if you're playing alone and not have joined a guild that have its members settled in that server should just go to a different server.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    A little more Ghandi and a little less R. Lee Ermey.
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

OP - I feel for yah man, it absolutely sucks to have every one of your buddies playing while you can not. It sucks even more when they start to consider rerolling to play with you, feels like the day's been wasted. The last few games I've played that have launched have done the "server lock" , it ultimately plays out in less than a week. Most games allow free transfers specifically for this issue.

The only suggestion going forward I have for you is to always pick the least populated early release servers, otherwise ... prepare to be split for awhile.

• MrSaltyMrSalty Member UncommonPosts: 39
    has nothing to do with being "lucky". u werent quick enough in p4. so obviously u wont be quick enough for early release. shoulda been up when servers opened like everyone else who got in.  it took me 20 mins for p4 and early access to get in. after i didnt get in after a few tries i didnt cry about it on the forums i kept going. and i got in eventually.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • XaradasXaradas Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Four0Six
    Originally posted by Elegance92

Yeah there is that option... but the fact that this system even makes that the only real option just highlights how stupid it is.

Even worse is the fact THAT server might get locked while they are moving >_>

Indeed... right now all but one of the EU servers are locked. Last weekend there was actually a point when ALL of the EU servers were locked which... well... there are no words...

Seriously?

READ your OWN WORDS: "Last weekend there was actually a point when ALL of the EU servers were locked."

MEANING THAT AT SOME POINT THEY WILL UNLOCK.

Be patient.

Ask your friends to move, if they wont they aren't your friends.

I understand your frustration. Well not so much since it is mostly about tripe and not built with logic.

Yeah thanks for the needless insults. Shows great maturity there. All I can do is laugh at your comment about my friends. They've all spent 3 days playing so far... that's a LOT of progress to lose and I will not ask them to do that. Don't you dare judge them based on your own ignorance.

Yes the servers did eventually unlock last weekend, but we never knew when they would do so. Moogle was locked for well over 12 hours last Saturday. Either I sit at my computer hitting refresh all day long or I give up on early access and do something else. You see the problem? These server locks basically mean some players are being denied early access...

Not to be rude, but I laughed when I read that. So you are aware that they put a level cap on Phase 4 of level 20 right? Which can be achieved in no time flat and even faster with a group.  Also, you want to play with your friends understandably, however, if they had made so much progress then you are so far behind that you wont be playing with them anyways.

I get where you are coming from, and its a sh*tty situation, but seriously...I got a character to 20 in 2 different classes during the first half of phase 4, a buddy got locked from the server so I moved servers and deleted the character to play with him on a less populated server, no problem....If you are in such a rush to play then ask your buddies what they want to do.

SE told everyone in advance this was going to happen so I can't shame them for it. Remember Early Access is a perk, you didn't pay for early access it was a side gift for pre-ordering, and MMO launches are always rough somewhere so its to be expected.

Originally posted by MrSalty
    has nothing to do with being "lucky". u werent quick enough in p4. so obviously u wont be quick enough for early release. shoulda been up when servers opened like everyone else who got in.  it took me 20 mins for p4 and early access to get in. after i didnt get in after a few tries i didnt cry about it on the forums i kept going. and i got in eventually.

Nah, that's SE's fault that the OP didn't have time to make their character. I suppose it's also SE's fault that he/she and their friend(s) chose a highly populated server. 

Guess you didn't get error 3102 then. Moogle was open several times last weekend after its initial 12hr lock but error 3102 kinda got in the way there. So apparently an error on SE's end is my fault? Ah thank you, I'll go fix that for them.

XARADAS: The level 20 cap wasn't much of a cap when the game has a dozen classes that could all be leveled to that cap on one character. The cap last weekend was essentially somewhere well over 200...

• XaradasXaradas Member Posts: 37

lol I paid for the early access lol. I already have the game and I just wanted the early access :3

That's because you cheated the system you clever fella you!

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Some people have NO compasion. No wonder the world is in such a state.
    Originally posted by MrSalty

Nah, that's SE's fault that the OP didn't have time to make their character. I suppose it's also SE's fault that he/she and their friend(s) chose a highly populated server. 

Guess you didn't get error 3102 then. Moogle was open several times last weekend after its initial 12hr lock but error 3102 kinda got in the way there. So apparently an error on SE's end is my fault? Ah thank you, I'll go fix that for them.

I was error 3102 for 2 days. 

But you got in before it affected you and got lucky. Good for you. Now quit making out that I'm somehow at fault just because you got lucky.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley

Originally posted by Elegance92

Considering that you came in here throwing insults around when I was quite reasonably venting my frustrations in a non-aggressive manner (unlike yourself) I think it's quite clear to anyone else reading this which of us is being immature. I'm not even gonna bother with you any more.

Why? Because I don't give credence to your complaint that SOE is trying to give the MAJORITY of players a quality experience over your INDIVIDUAL complaint that your experience is not up to your standards?

Good, don't bother with me.

But when you come into the public sector to "vent", where your adult underpants, cuz you may find that others will feel free to rebuke your "venting".

Edit: trying to shorten the quotes.

• RattusRattus Member UncommonPosts: 31
    And we are to feel compassion for the OP?  Have some sympathy?  Right.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by vidiotking

Yup they'd rather kick a guy while he is down than have the slightest hint of criticism levelled at their beloved game. 

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Gorilla

Yup they'd rather kick a guy while he is down than have the slightest hint of criticism levelled at their beloved game. 

Either have a little compassion with him or with hundreds of players who lag and crash because they opened the servers to everybody without restrictions and they overfilled.

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180

We are all in the same boat! But to be honest people need to get off the computers if they have already been playing 5 hours straight... just go outside.. have food.. play another game?

I'm quite happy with everything so far and I am only level 7 in one class. There is no need for rush, the game will still be there.

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Joekra
    Originally posted by Gorilla

Either have a little compassion with him or with hundreds of players who lag and crash because they opened the servers to everybody without restrictions and they overfilled.

There are several restrictions in place. There's the maximum server capacity for players being able to play online at a single period in time and it seems as though SE is also trying to balance the games population so that the servers are equally filled across the board.

You might want to re-read that. I am aware of restrictions in place.