Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Hardware Review] General: Razer Naga 2014 Edition Review

2»

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Four0Six

Don't need it anymore since the "Future is 8 or less skills"

/srcasm off

Actually since using this mouse, i am back to games with a multitude of skills instead of low number of skills console type of games...

With my G15 keyboard, my Nostromo and a Naga i can handle them all...  i just love to have all the world at my fingertips...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ZibooZiboo Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Yeah a leftie version!  I must admit the Mad Catz one I'd love to have - if they had a leftie version - but Razer makes great products, and I've yet to have any wear out with daily use.

Proud member of Hammerfist Clan Gaming Community.

Currently playing: RIFT, EQ2, WoW, LoTRO
    Retired: Warhammer, AoC, EQ
    Waiting: SWToR & GW2

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I personally havent had much luck with Razer products, mouse, keyboards or headsets.

But being that logitech doesnt offer one quit like this with the claw grip (which I prefer and love). I may just have to give this a try when/if it goes on sale.

Until then I'll stick with my Logi-G500 mouse, that and with my past luck with Razer stuff, they arnt gettting me a full retail.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Go buy a E-Blue Cobra, better than razer, costs less than 10 bucks... Best mouse i ever had, and i've owned a Naga, bunch of Logitechs and a Sidewinder X8. 

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    I have had a molten epic naga mouse for about a year and a half now.  It's upped my game considerably.  Never had any issues with it and Still operates like its new. 
  • DavamadDavamad Member UncommonPosts: 3

Don;'t buy this rubbish - its a copy of the Logitech g600 mmo mouse which is far superior in every way!

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-gb/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse

Buy Logitech - its the best for a reason.

• LanczLancz Member UncommonPosts: 8

I had the first naga and it developed an annoying double click problem with the primary button after using it a year.  There are online guides to fix this issue.  I messed with it and it worked for a while then reverted back to the same issue.  When I drop $80 on a mouse I expect it to last over a year.

I'm still rocking my belkin notromo n52, and while the wheel button goes out on them the rest of it works flawlessly and has for YEARS.  The wheel button will work for a while if the device is unplugged and replugged into USB.

I was saddened to see that belkin sold the model to razer.  I've never had an issue with any of the logitech gaming mice I've owned so I too ditched the naga and chose a G600.  There is now a G700 and G700s out as well that look more ergonomic.  I'll be steering clear of razer from now on.

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by Davamad

Don;'t buy this rubbish - its a copy of the Logitech g600 mmo mouse which is far superior in every way!

The only problem....the g600 is actually a copy of the Naga. The original Naga was released WAAAAAAAY before the 600.

That being said though, yeah, Logitech does, at least IMHO, make the best PC peripherals on the market. Well, at least as far as mice, keyboards, and headsets go anyway (proud user of the awesome G510 keyboard {about to upgrade to the g710 though for the mechanical keys}, and a G35 headset {easily the best headset I've ever owned}, and a former g500 mouse user). I have loved all the Logitech products I've ever owned....BUT I also love my Naga and haven't had any of the issues others in this thread have mentioned and I've had it for at least 2, maybe 3 years now (3 years this xmas). So, I won't give up my Naga til it breaks, then I'll take a serious look at the Logitech version and see what's up, but until then, I love my Naga.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I have loved my Razer Naga's for the past couple years and own 3 of them! The worst thing about it now is the Razer Synapse cloud system. I was happier without it!  It is pretty much required for you to use your profiles and macros. If you aren't in internet range it can be a pain in the rear. Other than that is a solid well built mouse imho!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Long gone(I hope Anyways) are the days where 'the more skills you can shoehorn onto your screen, the 'better' you are at playing'

Mice like these take a HUGE step back once you realize that other mice(like the cyborg line, or the ghosts, or pretty much any of the other high quality mice with programmable buttons that DON'T feel like your trying to manipulate a waffle iron around on your desk and DON'T feel like they are made from dime-store plastic.) are a much better choice due to the weight(and Logitech almost got on the ball here back when they let you customize the weight), the smoothness of how it slides, the 'sturdiness' of the buttons, etc.

Just slapping a num-keypad on the side of a mouse to give access to 'a'hundret fifteen mo' skillz' just don't cut it anymore.

I mean if I TRULY wanted a game where i can run into a room, close my eyes and just randomly mash the f / number keys for a bit(MO' SKILLZ) then go to the next room? Nah, games these days are starting to catch on that most of us are not brainless tards, and most of us WANT to feel like we are 'in the action' rather than watching it aka the south park mmo/wow guy.

Yea, SOME of the new games are designed for drooling morons, but many of the 'action' rpg's are still quite smart.

• artfulpainartfulpain Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Son of a! My Deathadder 2013 will arrive at my house on Tuesday. Looks like I'm sending that back! 
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Razer is crap. it uses only OS mouse interpolation.

Logitech has interpolation built into the driver allowing better precision.

Besides the Logitech G600 mmo gaming mouse just came out.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Davamad

Ohhhhhh!!! Ahhhhhh!

Owwwiieee!!!

Just had a nerdgasm and blew one of my legs off.

Thanks for the link!!!

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• umdiddlyumdiddly Member Posts: 2

I'm still using my busted old ass naga.  There's a cheap plastic nub that registers the mousewheel scroll movements, that part easily wears and breaks.  I've been without a functioning mousewheel for so long, I've forgotten how to use one.

Unless the new naga addresses these cheap component issues, you would probably be better off with a corsair.

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

Love my Naga Razor mouse.   I knew a guy who did support for Naga and he told me that the mouse does tend to wear out over time, but it's because it goes through a lot more usage than a typical mouse and with so many buttons on a small device, something eventually breaks.

If you can live with the fact that your mouse might only last a year or two of heavy usage but still get a great advantage in most games, I highly recommend the mouse.  Takes about a week to get used to it, but I can't see myself playing with a regular mouse ever again.

• undertaken316undertaken316 Member Posts: 3

Cool redesign of the Naga it has that aerodynamic thingy from the Ouroboros. Here's another video review and giveaway