Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Solved with SE Support!) Early access already proving difficult sadly

After so many smooth beta experiences it makes me pretty sad to say I'm one of the many experiencing pre order woes. Keys not working, regions incorrectly being assigned, and multiple keys being applied to one account instead of multiple (in my case).

Customer support is very busy I'm sure, but the wait times to get help are getting ridiculous. I've been on hold for about two hours now waiting to talk to someone to get a key reassigned properly (bought 2 for 2 different accounts, 2 different transactions, both applied to my brother's account and not mine). Chat has been about an hour queue, and my ticket hasn't been answered in about 48 hours.

I certainly hope I'm able to get some help with this soon, before refund/chargeback becomes my only option. Possibly considering a repurchase but feeling really iffy about it now. Sucks, as the two of us really enjoyed our beta experiences.

I know a lot of this is just pre-launch woes, when everyone is rushing for support and trying to get in at the same time. Bad launch or difficulties during launch are common, but it's how well they're responded to that gets these companies their loyal fanbase. Hoping (desperately) that this pulls through without more hassle.

I did see a few posts about CSRs disconnecting rudely and refusing to assist with account issues with others on the SE forums, so I've got that sliver of doubt and fear that I'm screwed, like many others.

Thoughts?

Comments

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
     That's why Early Access needs to be canceled and let everyone in August 27 when the game is suppose to go live.  Of course there will be problems for the head start since they are launching the game 2 times inside of 3 days.   Almost every MMO with  early access option for pre orders have had this problem, so it should be expected with FF14.  Not expecting such problem to occur is naive. 
  • archangelptxarchangelptx Member Posts: 91
    True to have everything working at launch, don't agree about cancelling EA though. Just sad. Especially at the RELAUNCH of a game, y'know? Lol. I had 0 problems early access for GW2, which was nice.

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

Funny, I preordered 3 copies from Amazon and had absolutely zero problems setting up accounts for myself, my cousin and a friend.  So I guess your mileage may vary.

Put it this way though, would you rather have some minor problems with the account and registration process and the launch, or have a smooth launch of a game that isn't very good and never will be?

I was so close to doing it through Amazon too. Changed last minute to do it direct, and should have known better.

I absolutely agree, launch issues once smoothed out are far better than a subpar final product. Pun intended.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

Originally posted by archangelptx
    True. Just sad. Especially at the RELAUNCH of a game, y'know? Lol. I had 0 problems early access for GW2, which was nice.
    There are always a few that have problems, no matter what MMO it is.

There were people that had problems when GW2 launched, just because you didnt have any problems doesnt mean that no one had problems.

It does suck when you are one of the unlucky few but dont take your own personal experience as something that everyone is facing.

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    That definitely sucks that this is happening, but I also wonder how many people haven't had any issues at all. Personally, I got my pre order code, redeemed it, registered my new code and that was that..

Killing dragons is my shit

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Nothing new here,its very normal  stop QQ about it  better that problem happen on beta that now ,gw2 have the same problem and people cant even play whit theyr friend on same servers  ,all game have its problem on beta and its good so at lauch it run better and smooth

Lmao, I like how everyone instantly gets hostile and defensive on MMORPG.com these days rather instantly. "QQ," really? People are still using that term?

I fully understand not everyone is having issues--that would be a huge logical fallacy. But, a lot are. SE forums are flooded with issues, although there are those that are smooth sailing also. I'll report back with how SE handles my issue as soon as I can get in touch with somebody... haha.

And yep, I remember GW2 having issues on launch too, I was glad I didn't have any. Too much to wish for to have two smooth launches, hahaha. 

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

Guess I have been extremely lucky. Had zero issues in the closed beta, in any of the other phases, zero in OB and I got my early access key from SE 2 days ago.

Everything worked like a charm

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Strayfe

Funny, I preordered 3 copies from Amazon and had absolutely zero problems setting up accounts for myself, my cousin and a friend.  So I guess your mileage may vary.

Put it this way though, would you rather have some minor problems with the account and registration process and the launch, or have a smooth launch of a game that isn't very good and never will be?

I question the OP as well. The way it's set up you have to apply the key to the account you are currently logged into. it's one thing if SE made the mistake. Then a customer has every right to get upset. But if the customer screws up and registered a key while logged into the wrong account, then it's 1st come 1st serve. And on launch weekend, yeah, it's going to be busy. I mean, yeah, it sucks. but there is also a reality and responsibility.

Is there another process I am not aware of?

Yeah, exactly. I fully understand that and that's why I made two separate purchases.

I was logged into my account on my computer, and my brother on his across the room. He registered his, I registered mine. Somehow, my key was applied to his. He got two emails saying "thanks for registering" and two early access codes sent to his email, although the one I input had my name on it (and my account has a separate email, to which I got nothing sent to).

Looking at our accounts,  he has one product of FFXIV showing registered 21/8/13 (when we registered), and his beta registration back in April. My account shows no registries whatsoever.

Does that help clarify the doubt?

Trust me, I want to play come 2am when early access goes live. I've been in since early P2 beta and thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Eorzea. So, again, I'm hoping this gets sorted out well and I get in. I'm not making a troll thread just to stir up unfounded hate, lol.

Currently 41 in chat queue (been about an hour, could be worse), and don't know the phone status, but been on hold for about 2.5 hours.

• zyklonianzyklonian Member UncommonPosts: 51
    i had 0 problems pre ordering and applying my code and downloading the game this morning.  could be because i actually read the instructions after entering my payment 
  • keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    I ordered from SE and had no problems. On the 22nd I got my pre order key went to the launcher and after a small update I was directed to a account page where I put in the key they gave me and it went in straight away.
  • Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93

Refunding and re pre-ordering is probably going to be your best bet.

I was given the wrong regions EA key for one of my purchases, and tried to queue in the web support chat, after 2 hours they just booted me when I hit one  in queue.

Tried all given workarounds and none worked for me, so I had to cancel one of my amazon preorders and preorder it again in order to get a working EA code for the account they messed up.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Yeah, exactly. I fully understand that and that's why I made two separate purchases.

I was logged into my account on my computer, and my brother on his across the room. He registered his, I registered mine. Somehow, my key was applied to his. He got two emails saying "thanks for registering" and two early access codes sent to his email, although the one I input had my name on it (and my account has a separate email, to which I got nothing sent to).

Looking at our accounts,  he has one product of FFXIV showing registered 21/8/13 (when we registered), and his beta registration back in April. My account shows no registries whatsoever.

Trust me, I want to play come 2am when early access goes live. I've been in since early P2 beta and thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Eorzea. So, again, I'm hoping this gets sorted out well and I get in. I'm not making a troll thread just to stir up unfounded hate, lol.

Currently 41 in chat queue (been about an hour, could be worse), and don't know the phone status, but been on hold for about 2.5 hours.

I wouldn't put much faith in what the account management system is showing as registered to be honest. As far as I'm aware most people's accounts show nothing registered at all besides beta access if they had that.

Yeah, I read a lot of people not knowing what to do or how to register. The instructions are pretty clear, if not a bit long as a process--yes, I read them too.

Hope I don't get booted from chat like the poster above did. Might just repurchase and deal with the refund/chargeback later. Worst case I'm out $30, it's not gonna kill me. Frustrating, yes, but that's just the way it might have to be.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    After what I read here I was wondering how it would go when I purchased my pre-order from Amazon yesterday. Well 5 minutes after I did my purchase I was setup and ready to go. Best of luck getting your issue fixed!

I am sorry it's worked out like that, I hope you get it straightened out today.

Originally posted by Aori

I bought the CE, input the code during the error 3 and gave up. The members account shows the game registered however. I never got a 20 digit code.

I called SE, after 45 minutes I got through and was told to email support. Over 48 hours later no word from email support.

Yeah... "support" like that is what I'm afraid of. I started charging my phone so it wouldn't die while on hold.

I got to 1 in chat queue and Chrome decided to crash when I was trying to start talking. GREAT.

Keeping an eye on my tickets, but if you haven't heard back from over two days on a CE edition during the error 3 issues, I'm probably just going to have to buy another if I still want to continue.

just for HAHAs have you tried launching the client?

It allows me to log in, I just don't get the PLAY button lit up and it says to wait for early access. This was the exact same message I'd get in the betas, only it said please wait for a beta.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Could you describe the full process you tried I just got my Direct download from Square Enix roughly 2 hours ago and everything worked fine including gaining early access the only thing I am unsure about are the Collector's Edition items.

Yep, did that. I actually was adding that to the story when my Chrome crashed, lol. Interestingly enough the client allows me to patch up and says the same "Wait for EA or Launch" message. It doesn't take me to the page to register the key anymore. But, I did take one of those two EA keys and input it into my account, which seemed to work. When I log in again, I get the "Wait for EA" message and it stops there.

So, I'm thinking maybe I'll be able to get in EA, but be stuck when the 27th rolls around unless I get this sorted, or buy another copy lol. Who knows til someone picks up this blasted phone haha.

Shaunee, from what I understand, if you used the early access code and it worked, that code also applies the CE items (if in game). I don't think CE comes with physical goods, but if it does, then it's probably being mailed to you, naturally. 

Yep, did that. I actually was adding that to the story when my Chrome crashed, lol. Interestingly enough the client allows me to patch up and says the same "Wait for EA or Launch" message. It doesn't take me to the page to register the key anymore. But, I did take one of those two EA keys and input it into my account, which seemed to work. When I log in again, I get the "Wait for EA" message and it stops there.

So, I'm thinking maybe I'll be able to get in EA, but be stuck when the 27th rolls around unless I get this sorted, or buy another copy lol. Who knows til someone picks up this blasted phone haha.

Shaunee, from what I understand, if you used the early access code and it worked, that code also applies the CE items (if in game). I don't think CE comes with physical goods, but if it does, then it's probably being mailed to you, naturally. 

I can tell you that you are probably in good shape to access the game. As far as the accounting side of it, well, idunno.

But if you have an invalid user/pass on the client, it tells you that before you get any of the messages you describe.

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

So you are saying that the code you activated on your account got applied to your brothers account even tho the infos and emails are different on the accounts?

Thats rather lucky isn't it?

I mean if what you are saying is true than that means that your code got randomly added so some account and that account just so happened to be your brothers account?

After all if both accounts have no relation to each other than why would your code get added to your brothers account it could also have been my account or my wifes or well any other account really.....but it just so happened to be your brothers account?

I am sure that SE has some problems but in your case i wonder if the problem wasn't on your end after all the chances that your code randomly would be applied to your brothers account are rather slim is it not?

Agreed, I thought it was weird too. The only possible explanation would be IP related--we're on the same network, possible that a mix-up of some kind occurred. I don't know, but you're absolutely right that it's highly unlikely. We were logged in at the same time on the same network, although on two separate systems. It's fishy, for sure.

About to clock up 3 hours on this hold lol. I pretty much have the sequence of "on hold' events memorized now.