Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What can I accomplish is 6 months?

Napoleon_BonaparteNapoleon_Bonaparte Boise, IDPosts: 43Member

Bonjour. I am the reincarnation of Napoleon Bonaparte, Napoleon Bonaparte.

 

I'd like to declare to everyone that I, Napoleon, am officially gonna embark on a 6-month campaign to conquer all of New Eden.

Tremble before my might.

 

Now, I need some advice on how I could do this. You see, I am broke and can only afford a 6 month membership. So I want to make the most of it. What exactly can I accomplish realistically in 6 months? Is it enough time to max some important skills? Etc?

 

Merci.

Intensity beats extensity everytime...

Comments

  • apanz3rapanz3r BucurestiPosts: 259Member

    Make skils to fly a cruise misle raven first and torp later, and run missions in empire and with isk buy plex , pay for next month and repeat.

    You can play forever this way, if you dont have a problem with farming.

  • Napoleon_BonaparteNapoleon_Bonaparte Boise, IDPosts: 43Member
    I'm not looking to find a loophole in the system. I just wanna make the most out of 6 months. There's a very good chance I can extend that 6 months, but if worst case scenario happens, I wanna be equipped with the knowledge of what I can accomplish in 6 months.

    Intensity beats extensity everytime...

  • TorcipTorcip Sterling Heights, MIPosts: 669Member

    If we were to answer this question we would have to list everything possible in the game. 6 months is pretty much enough time to get to do anything. It doesn't take two years to do anything remotely fun like people would like you to think. Go through the career agents, pick something you really like and train up for that. Maybe a month down the road try getting into PvP if you picked one of the combat oriented careers.

    Your best resource for this information will be joining a player corporation, a lot of corps will bend over backwards to help you get into the game.

  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member

    6 months is enough time to do anything you want really

    find a type of job you want to do

    figure out what kind of ship you want, download evemon it will tell you what to train to get into that ship.

     

    but 180 days will get you into the best mining ship with all every refinery skill...

    or 80 days will get you in a tempest with some the basic skills needed to run it....that could be improved greatly on with more time.

     

  • Napoleon_BonaparteNapoleon_Bonaparte Boise, IDPosts: 43Member

    Sounds good. Thanks for the advice.

     

    Merci.

    Intensity beats extensity everytime...

  • KomandorKomandor Denver, COPosts: 272Member
    LOL this thread :D

    Keep on rockin'!image

  • Quazal.AQuazal.A PrestonPosts: 498Member Uncommon

    With a bit of luck and lot of perseverance you could earn enough isk to buy a toon that has in region of 60mill SP with that toon there will be no ship that you cannot fly

    EvE is about opportunity, find it, take it, enjoy it

     

    This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game :) were of course your welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

  • uplink4242uplink4242 fx, MTPosts: 246Member
    After my 3rd month of play I am playing for free until now. There is lots you can do in 6 months if you are dedicated.
  • Jaxon26Jaxon26 Brentwood, TNPosts: 23Member
    Originally posted by apanz3r

    Make skils to fly a cruise misle raven first and torp later, and run missions in empire and with isk buy plex , pay for next month and repeat.

    You can play forever this way, if you dont have a problem with farming.

    This isn't a loophole - this is everyday isk. The Caldari Raven is , arguably, the best noobish mission ship and with cruise missles and decent shield tanking, you can take almost every level 4 mission with ease. Supplement to that is level up salvaging because you will often make more in loot/salvage than anything else. 

    The other thing is know what missions to milk and which ones to blitz. 

    For example, a mission called Enemies Abound is a 5 part mission - you can milk the 1st, 4th and 5th mission for 5-7 days each. Mission 1 is like 25Misk in loot/salvage, mission 3 is ~30M and mission 5 is 45-50M isk. So essentially, that's a ballpark of 735M in 21 days - which is a Plex and a half. You can run each part once - takes about an hour in a noobish ship - 30 mins in a strong faction fit BS (except mission 5 which is on a timer) - and then it will reset the next day as the server resets. So once you get that mission, you run the part you are on and then go off an do whatever else you want.

    I was in an area that had 3 level 4 agents in close proximity and ended up getting the EA from 2 of them - so I pulled in 1.4B isk in 21 days running a couple of hours a day. That's enough to essentially well fit a faction battleship or pay for almost 3 months of game play. On days when I wanted to play more than two hours, I just went and did something else after running my two missions.  

    An example of a blitz mission would Dread Pirate Scarlet - run through 3 gates with a tanked microwarp ship (as long as you have a gate key for the first one) pop Scarlet who is in a squishy cruiser in the 4th room and then warp back to station - like 8M in 10 mins. You could make probably about 30M if you did it as a kill all mission but  it probably takes about 45 mins - so things like that are your choice. 

    If missioning is how you want to go - look at the Eve-Survival website - it outlines the missions (what to tank against / what type of damage to do) and you can look in the comments section to see ballpark loot/salvage amounts.

  • CactusJackCactusJack South, FLPosts: 393Member

    No, No, No. Let me answer this for you good sir. Flying a torp raven for iski's in hi sec is no way to spend your time. 

    Let's set your hopes and dreams a bit higher. Keep this in mind.."If your dreams don't scare you, you aren't dreaming big enough".

    With the aforementioned knowledge let's evaluate your goals..."Conquer all of New Eden in Six Months."

    Ok since time is short and New Eden is a large space...you'll need a few things. First a plan...do you want a military campaign to conquer all of New Eden? As you are Nappy Bonapart...I assumed you would. 

    I would learn a great deal about scamming and possibly try and weasel your way into a large alliance such as TEST or one of the others. A simple stealing of a few caps ships from careless POS passwords or lack thereof...wouldn't be enough for you. 

    You need to affect galaxy wide change. Find a careless titan owner and steal his. Fly that Titan to the other side of the galaxy and hold your own frigate tournament for that titan as the winner's prize. 

    Alternately, buy all the rare ships in New Eden. Then self destruct them in Jita or Amarr Prime with 10,000 eyes wet with tears.

    "Run a few missions for iskies with a torp raven"..God...that is so 2003. 

     

    Read about The Guiding Hand Social Club. Read about the D20 conspiracy. Read about EvE's Storied past. No one remembers the lvl 4 mission running torp raven pilots. 

    YOU could try and start a huge war with lies and deception. Infiltrate someone's TeamSpeak or Ventrillo and tell them you are someone else and have an alt from your target alliance kill them. 

    Think my good man. If you are good a making movies...make an awesome EvE related movie...preferably about some of the above topics. OR...do a fan fiction movie. Or make something funny....like Killer08's movies. 

    "Fly a torp isk raping Raven"...that's insulting.

    Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

  • VetarniasVetarnias Somewhere, QCPosts: 630Member Common
    Originally posted by CactusJack

    No, No, No. Let me answer this for you good sir. Flying a torp raven for iski's in hi sec is no way to spend your time. 

    Let's set your hopes and dreams a bit higher. Keep this in mind.."If your dreams don't scare you, you aren't dreaming big enough".

    With the aforementioned knowledge let's evaluate your goals..."Conquer all of New Eden in Six Months."

    Ok since time is short and New Eden is a large space...you'll need a few things. First a plan...do you want a military campaign to conquer all of New Eden? As you are Nappy Bonapart...I assumed you would. 

    I would learn a great deal about scamming and possibly try and weasel your way into a large alliance such as TEST or one of the others. A simple stealing of a few caps ships from careless POS passwords or lack thereof...wouldn't be enough for you. 

    You need to affect galaxy wide change. Find a careless titan owner and steal his. Fly that Titan to the other side of the galaxy and hold your own frigate tournament for that titan as the winner's prize. 

    Alternately, buy all the rare ships in New Eden. Then self destruct them in Jita or Amarr Prime with 10,000 eyes wet with tears.

    "Run a few missions for iskies with a torp raven"..God...that is so 2003. 

     

    Read about The Guiding Hand Social Club. Read about the D20 conspiracy. Read about EvE's Storied past. No one remembers the lvl 4 mission running torp raven pilots. 

    YOU could try and start a huge war with lies and deception. Infiltrate someone's TeamSpeak or Ventrillo and tell them you are someone else and have an alt from your target alliance kill them. 

    Think my good man. If you are good a making movies...make an awesome EvE related movie...preferably about some of the above topics. OR...do a fan fiction movie. Or make something funny....like Killer08's movies. 

    "Fly a torp isk raping Raven"...that's insulting.

    All fine suggestions for any self-respecting emperor.

    By the way, does EVE have a solar system called Saint Helena?

  • MalcanisMalcanis LondonPosts: 3,191Member
    No, but there is a system called O-SHT

    Give me liberty or give me lasers

  • Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR PlovdivPosts: 511Member
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    No, but there is a system called O-SHT

    Yeah, it's like the most often used system ever. Especially when you lose a cargo ship with cargo worth 800kk just outside Jita >.> God damn bloody pirates :U Yeah 0.8 security ... bullshit >.> 

  • AdalwulffAdalwulff Sacramento, CAPosts: 1,152Member
    Originally posted by Napoleon_Bonaparte

    Bonjour. I am the reincarnation of Napoleon Bonaparte, Napoleon Bonaparte.

     

    I'd like to declare to everyone that I, Napoleon, am officially gonna embark on a 6-month campaign to conquer all of New Eden.

    Tremble before my might.

     

    Now, I need some advice on how I could do this. You see, I am broke and can only afford a 6 month membership. So I want to make the most of it. What exactly can I accomplish realistically in 6 months? Is it enough time to max some important skills? Etc?

     

    Merci.

     

    You cant do anything in 6 months, except fly around in some noobie ships and hope you don't get blasted

    Stay in high-sec.....

    image
  • djnexusdjnexus Detroit, MIPosts: 677Member
    Originally posted by Adalwulff
    Originally posted by Napoleon_Bonaparte

    Bonjour. I am the reincarnation of Napoleon Bonaparte, Napoleon Bonaparte.

     

    I'd like to declare to everyone that I, Napoleon, am officially gonna embark on a 6-month campaign to conquer all of New Eden.

    Tremble before my might.

     

    Now, I need some advice on how I could do this. You see, I am broke and can only afford a 6 month membership. So I want to make the most of it. What exactly can I accomplish realistically in 6 months? Is it enough time to max some important skills? Etc?

     

    Merci.

     

    You cant do anything in 6 months, except fly around in some noobie ships and hope you don't get blasted

    Stay in high-sec.....

    ^^^^^^ Lies, also join a good corporation.

  • MukeMuke BredaPosts: 2,172Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Napoleon_Bonaparte

    Bonjour. I am the reincarnation of Napoleon Bonaparte, Napoleon Bonaparte.

     

    I'd like to declare to everyone that I, Napoleon, am officially gonna embark on a 6-month campaign to conquer all of New Eden.

    Tremble before my might.

     

    Now, I need some advice on how I could do this. You see, I am broke and can only afford a 6 month membership. So I want to make the most of it. What exactly can I accomplish realistically in 6 months? Is it enough time to max some important skills? Etc?

     

    Merci.

    Your brain is your limit.

     

    You can be a corp leader, alliance leader, multi billionaire in 6 months. The only thing you can't do is train skills which take longer then 6 months even with the best implants.  Other then that, your only limit is your ambition.

     

     

    "going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

  • itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,714Member Uncommon
    If you don't mind looking for a great corp (think of it as amassing a military?) You can be just about anything other than a cap pilot in 6-months.

    What you can accomplish in 6-months in eve alone is a lot, well, less.

    Maybe the best thing you can do in eve in half a year is to join eve university and learn enough to set a foundation for the rest of your time in eve.

    RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

    Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

    Dwight D Eisenhower

    My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

    Henry Rollins

Sign In or Register to comment.