Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Breakdown of new Xpansion Trailer

slicknslim88slicknslim88 Norfolk, VAPosts: 394Member

So I checked out the new expansion trailer for Diablo 3.  Here were some of my thoughts while I watched it:

So alright, the evil Diablo crystal seems to still exist after his wanker self plummeted from the top of Heaven after getting booted off by the Nephalem.  Seems Tyrael can't destroy it for an unexplained reason, perhaps he doesn't even lift?  So what they do is they decide to hide it down into a super secret dungeon away from demons and angels alike because I guess the angels want to do evil things with it like holy angels typically do...

Wow, Tyrael seems to be being extra careful with that Diablo crystal, guys are holding it literally with 10 foot poles.  What an elaborate kickstand they have for it, perhaps it has a secondary purpose?  Like it has a force field that might protect it from invaders that wish to obtain it for their evil purposes?  Seems like something that Tyrael would build for something he desperately fears.  At least he's on the ball with things!

Uh oh, looks like the grim reaper guy wants the Diablo crystal for some reason...couldn't be for power because people beat Diablo 3 on Insane mode with their eyes closed so why would this guy want the crystal of such a pushover?  

Good thing Tyrael brought his elite guard with him.  These guys look pretty bad@$$ too.  They are getting into attack position and are about to show this grim reaper guy what for.  But why are they getting so close to him?  They have spears, weapons that are meant to attack from a relative distance.  Here they go, they are about to.............die horribly by him just opening his arms nonchalantly.  Why would Tyrael bring such inept guards with him to guard such a supposedly terrible artifact?  Could it be that he had no options?  Are these just rent-a-paladin's that he gave them like 100 gold per hour or something?

Perhaps, he didn't have any other choice but to bring such pathetic guards?  No, that can't be right, he yells "Go find the Nephalem!" to the guy that ran away.  This implies that the Nephalem are still around and he could have brought them as guards for the prime evil crystal?  I mean the Nephalem should have jumped at the chance to make sure this thing was safe and secure, it was their job in the first place to kill Diablo anyway, and they half-@$$';d it!  So what exactly are they doing with their precious time now that the gates of hell are closed and Diablo is "defeated" ?  I'm sure they have time on their hands to help Tyrael out with his mission.

Ahhh, but the argument could be made.  "This was just a blue-milk run, there is no way of knowing that grim reaper guy would be there."  Well, if that's the case, that they didn't expect any resistance, why in the world are they all armed at all?

Can you imagine if Tyrael DID bring the Nephalem, and grim reaper guy came in and is all BA looking, and he's staring down the Wizard, Barbarian, Monk, Demon Hunter, and Tyrael....he'd be totally screwed!

Well apparently Tyrael and grim reaper are brothers, talk about family problems, I guess grim reaper didn't feel like killing his brother, only smother him with spider webs.  You would think that he would murder Tyrael, because he only has friends in high places and is going to bring the Nephalem later and curb stomp his @$$.  He's quite the liability, but he foolishly let's him live.  Truly a wicked villain guys.

So then he slashes the pedestal, wow Tyrael, nice pointlessly elaborate pedestal you put that thing on.  Thing is made out of tin foil.  Really dropping the ball Tyrael, perhaps you should take up farming, or tailoring?

So yeah, that is just some of the things I was thinking about when I was watching that POS trailer.  The other thing I was thinking about I mentioned in a previous post, that Blizz is pretty much laughing their way to the bank because players have no reason to think that this expansion is going to be any better than the actual game was.  They are basically just saying "hey sorry about screwing up Diablo 3, but we PROMISE that this expansion will make everything alright....but you gotta pay us more money!" instead of fixing Diablo 3, they ask for more money for an expansion.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

Anybody else feel pissed about this development?  What did yall think of the trailer, and does anybody else think it was as stupid as I thought it was?

 

«1

Comments

  • HandsomeHussHandsomeHuss Toronto, ONPosts: 99Member
    I'm definitely not pissed about it and I don't think the trailer was stupid. I don't think anything, really. D3 was just so completely "meh" that I feel nothing. Meh....
  • TheHavokTheHavok San Jose, CAPosts: 2,398Member Uncommon
    Pissed about a trailer?  I think you are spending too much time on the computer.
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Harrisburg, PAPosts: 301Member
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

    So I checked out the new expansion trailer for Diablo 3.  Here were some of my thoughts while I watched it:

    So alright, the evil Diablo crystal seems to still exist after his wanker self plummeted from the top of Heaven after getting booted off by the Nephalem.  Seems Tyrael can't destroy it for an unexplained reason, perhaps he doesn't even lift?  So what they do is they decide to hide it down into a super secret dungeon away from demons and angels alike because I guess the angels want to do evil things with it like holy angels typically do...

    Wow, Tyrael seems to be being extra careful with that Diablo crystal, guys are holding it literally with 10 foot poles.  What an elaborate kickstand they have for it, perhaps it has a secondary purpose?  Like it has a force field that might protect it from invaders that wish to obtain it for their evil purposes?  Seems like something that Tyrael would build for something he desperately fears.  At least he's on the ball with things!

    Uh oh, looks like the grim reaper guy wants the Diablo crystal for some reason...couldn't be for power because people beat Diablo 3 on Insane mode with their eyes closed so why would this guy want the crystal of such a pushover?  

    Good thing Tyrael brought his elite guard with him.  These guys look pretty bad@$$ too.  They are getting into attack position and are about to show this grim reaper guy what for.  But why are they getting so close to him?  They have spears, weapons that are meant to attack from a relative distance.  Here they go, they are about to.............die horribly by him just opening his arms nonchalantly.  Why would Tyrael bring such inept guards with him to guard such a supposedly terrible artifact?  Could it be that he had no options?  Are these just rent-a-paladin's that he gave them like 100 gold per hour or something?

    Perhaps, he didn't have any other choice but to bring such pathetic guards?  No, that can't be right, he yells "Go find the Nephalem!" to the guy that ran away.  This implies that the Nephalem are still around and he could have brought them as guards for the prime evil crystal?  I mean the Nephalem should have jumped at the chance to make sure this thing was safe and secure, it was their job in the first place to kill Diablo anyway, and they half-@$$';d it!  So what exactly are they doing with their precious time now that the gates of hell are closed and Diablo is "defeated" ?  I'm sure they have time on their hands to help Tyrael out with his mission.

    Ahhh, but the argument could be made.  "This was just a blue-milk run, there is no way of knowing that grim reaper guy would be there."  Well, if that's the case, that they didn't expect any resistance, why in the world are they all armed at all?

    Can you imagine if Tyrael DID bring the Nephalem, and grim reaper guy came in and is all BA looking, and he's staring down the Wizard, Barbarian, Monk, Demon Hunter, and Tyrael....he'd be totally screwed!

    Well apparently Tyrael and grim reaper are brothers, talk about family problems, I guess grim reaper didn't feel like killing his brother, only smother him with spider webs.  You would think that he would murder Tyrael, because he only has friends in high places and is going to bring the Nephalem later and curb stomp his @$$.  He's quite the liability, but he foolishly let's him live.  Truly a wicked villain guys.

    So then he slashes the pedestal, wow Tyrael, nice pointlessly elaborate pedestal you put that thing on.  Thing is made out of tin foil.  Really dropping the ball Tyrael, perhaps you should take up farming, or tailoring?

    So yeah, that is just some of the things I was thinking about when I was watching that POS trailer.  The other thing I was thinking about I mentioned in a previous post, that Blizz is pretty much laughing their way to the bank because players have no reason to think that this expansion is going to be any better than the actual game was.  They are basically just saying "hey sorry about screwing up Diablo 3, but we PROMISE that this expansion will make everything alright....but you gotta pay us more money!" instead of fixing Diablo 3, they ask for more money for an expansion.

    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

    Anybody else feel pissed about this development?  What did yall think of the trailer, and does anybody else think it was as stupid as I thought it was?

     

    Might wanna un plug for a little bit.  There are a lot of interesting things going on in the world.  

    image
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Norfolk, VAPosts: 394Member
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Pissed about a trailer?  I think you are spending too much time on the computer.

    Not pissed about the trailer, pissed about the development of the expansion, as I said in the initial post.  Blizzard should be putting their time into pulling D3 out of the ashes instead of forcing players to purchase a new expansion with us just hoping that it's gonna be better than the original release.

  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 848Member
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Pissed about a trailer?  I think you are spending too much time on the computer.

    Not pissed about the trailer, pissed about the development of the expansion, as I said in the initial post.  Blizzard should be putting their time into pulling D3 out of the ashes instead of forcing players to purchase a new expansion with us just hoping that it's gonna be better than the original release.

     

    They have been working on making D3 better. I'm sorry their efforts aren't up to your high standards. Perhaps it's time for you to say goodbye to the Diablo series since you don't seem capable of just enjoying something without breaking it down.

  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Norfolk, VAPosts: 394Member
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Pissed about a trailer?  I think you are spending too much time on the computer.

    Not pissed about the trailer, pissed about the development of the expansion, as I said in the initial post.  Blizzard should be putting their time into pulling D3 out of the ashes instead of forcing players to purchase a new expansion with us just hoping that it's gonna be better than the original release.

     

    They have been working on making D3 better. I'm sorry their efforts aren't up to your high standards. Perhaps it's time for you to say goodbye to the Diablo series since you don't seem capable of just enjoying something without breaking it down.

    With all the money that that company gets, there is no excuse for them not to dish out the absolute best pedigree of games.  So if a bum like me can make a simple trailer that the company puts out seem like it was written by an infant?  They aren't putting that money to good use.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member

    The trailer looks cool but it is just a cut-scene.

    The important thing is the gameplay and from what i have read, the expansion sounds good, look good, and a must get for me. And hopefully i can get it for free (by selling my current gear).

     

  • TalRashaTalRasha GroningenPosts: 827Member
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Pissed about a trailer?  I think you are spending too much time on the computer.

    Not pissed about the trailer, pissed about the development of the expansion, as I said in the initial post.  Blizzard should be putting their time into pulling D3 out of the ashes instead of forcing players to purchase a new expansion with us just hoping that it's gonna be better than the original release.

     

    They have been working on making D3 better. I'm sorry their efforts aren't up to your high standards. Perhaps it's time for you to say goodbye to the Diablo series since you don't seem capable of just enjoying something without breaking it down.

    With all the money that that company gets, there is no excuse for them not to dish out the absolute best pedigree of games.  So if a bum like me can make a simple trailer that the company puts out seem like it was written by an infant?  They aren't putting that money to good use.

    You can do that for any trailer. You just need to have a little bit too much misplaced hate and a little time.

    While reading your post, I could only think one thing. This guy is trying a bit too hard.

  • TheHavokTheHavok San Jose, CAPosts: 2,398Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Pissed about a trailer?  I think you are spending too much time on the computer.

    Not pissed about the trailer, pissed about the development of the expansion, as I said in the initial post.  Blizzard should be putting their time into pulling D3 out of the ashes instead of forcing players to purchase a new expansion with us just hoping that it's gonna be better than the original release.

     

    They have been working on making D3 better. I'm sorry their efforts aren't up to your high standards. Perhaps it's time for you to say goodbye to the Diablo series since you don't seem capable of just enjoying something without breaking it down.

    With all the money that that company gets, there is no excuse for them not to dish out the absolute best pedigree of games.  So if a bum like me can make a simple trailer that the company puts out seem like it was written by an infant?  They aren't putting that money to good use.

    What does that even mean?

  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon

    Remember Belial, the Prince of Lies? How his "master plan" is something most players saw through a minute into his dialogue? Remember Azmodan, the master strategist? How he tells you all of his plans, acts like a comic book villain and never succeeds at anything? Remember Leah, whose "plot twist" I guessed in Act I?

    D3's writing has always been pathetic. It's so terrible it makes the game worse even if you try not to ignore it. Calling it fanfic level would be insulting to fanfics. It's not salvaged even by Blizzard's great CGI cinematics. So try to forget D3 has a story and focus on killing things and looking at pretty pictures.

  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Marlborough, MAPosts: 185Member

    I never understood why gamers love to hate Blizzard and why they take every chance they get to wail on them. In the grand scope of games, D3 is literally an average aRPG; not terrible, but not good either. Blizzard may have the resources to make a good game, but not the experienced design crew (everyone already knew a large chunk of the D2 crew had left when they released Torchlight 2). Their CGI department however, seem to have gotten extremely good over the years and that can not be discredited. Have them start making full movies already Blizzard! Start a new thing, full-CGI movies, go go!

    As for the OP, you really are looking into it too much and usually with the wrong viewpoint (i.e. Tyrael doesn't touch the Black Soulstone as he does not want to be corrupted; no one knew the fate of Malthael and thus wouldn't have thought for him to be there; all Angels consider themselves brother/sister as they are all made from the Crystal Arch; and the biggest miss you made: Tyrael can't destroy the Black Soulstone because you can not destroy Evil completely).

    The trailer is fantastic and my hopes are that we get a more in-depth look at Malthael's fall; however, judging from the general attitude D3 had, he is just going to be the next boss to kill and loot.

  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Marlborough, MAPosts: 185Member
    Originally posted by Scalpless

    Remember Belial, the Prince of Lies? How his "master plan" is something most players saw through a minute into his dialogue? Remember Azmodan, the master strategist? How he tells you all of his plans, acts like a comic book villain and never succeeds at anything? Remember Leah, whose "plot twist" I guessed in Act I?

    D3's writing has always been pathetic. It's so terrible it makes the game worse even if you try not to ignore it. Calling it fanfic level would be insulting to fanfics. It's not salvaged even by Blizzard's great CGI cinematics. So try to forget D3 has a story and focus on killing things and looking at pretty pictures.

    Hahaha, agreed tenfold.

    I had more fun discussing how awful the story was with friends than actually playing the game.

  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Norfolk, VAPosts: 394Member
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Pissed about a trailer?  I think you are spending too much time on the computer.

    Not pissed about the trailer, pissed about the development of the expansion, as I said in the initial post.  Blizzard should be putting their time into pulling D3 out of the ashes instead of forcing players to purchase a new expansion with us just hoping that it's gonna be better than the original release.

     

    They have been working on making D3 better. I'm sorry their efforts aren't up to your high standards. Perhaps it's time for you to say goodbye to the Diablo series since you don't seem capable of just enjoying something without breaking it down.

    With all the money that that company gets, there is no excuse for them not to dish out the absolute best pedigree of games.  So if a bum like me can make a simple trailer that the company puts out seem like it was written by an infant?  They aren't putting that money to good use.

    What does that even mean?

    It mainly means that I'm not a professional or anything like that.  I'm just a guy who plays video games.  I'm not a critic or a professional journalist.  So if a normal, average joe like me can tear apart your trailer with such little effort, maybe you need to consider hiring another writer (talking to Blizzard).  

    As for me trying to hard?  You really think it's hard to notice how stupid this trailer is?  How stupid the guards are when they just walk up to him and die?  It's just basic things that don't make sense and are silly.  Hardly me trying too hard.

  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 848Member
    Originally posted by TheMaahes
    Originally posted by Scalpless

    Remember Belial, the Prince of Lies? How his "master plan" is something most players saw through a minute into his dialogue? Remember Azmodan, the master strategist? How he tells you all of his plans, acts like a comic book villain and never succeeds at anything? Remember Leah, whose "plot twist" I guessed in Act I?

    D3's writing has always been pathetic. It's so terrible it makes the game worse even if you try not to ignore it. Calling it fanfic level would be insulting to fanfics. It's not salvaged even by Blizzard's great CGI cinematics. So try to forget D3 has a story and focus on killing things and looking at pretty pictures.

    Hahaha, agreed tenfold.

    I had more fun discussing how awful the story was with friends than actually playing the game.

     

    I don't know...every time I reach the end of Act III I am shocked! SHOCKED I tell you!! Completely blind sided! Didn't see it coming...even after my 15 playthrough!

    :-)

  • BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member
    Like it a lot, can't wait to play...

    image

  • Mr.KujoMr.Kujo SwinoujsciePosts: 383Member

    Originally posted by TheMaahes

    D3 is literally an average aRPG; not terrible, but not good either.

    Can you tell me what are the good aRPG's in your opinion. Don't want to make much offtopic, but damn, as a player new to the IP I enjoyed D3 so much, it is one of the best games I played, so if there is an entire world of aRPG's much better than this hidden from me, then I'm all ears.

    Originally posted by slicknslim88

    Originally posted by TheHavok

    What does that even mean?

    It mainly means that I'm not a professional or anything like that.  I'm just a guy who plays video games.  I'm not a critic or a professional journalist.  So if a normal, average joe like me can tear apart your trailer with such little effort, maybe you need to consider hiring another writer (talking to Blizzard).  

    You have no knowledge of industry, you are not a critic, you don't have any experience in the topic from the creators point of view, yet you are convinced, that you could do a job better than a professionalist. Doesn't that mean you're a douche? Wouldn't intelligent person think one of two things: either I am not seeing something, because my life experience doesn't allow me too yet, or maybe I'm trying to find logic in something that wasn't meant to have it in the first place?

    Everyone can break down Shakespeare the way you do it, and you don't have to be smart to do this.

    It is basically the same case as a grumpy old man sitting in front of TV and critisizing every moment of a movie ruining it to everyone else in the room. "This guy couldn't jump that far", "Why don't they just run", "Oh come on, she couldn't trip now". Not only are those people hated, but also always wrong. They try to pick on the movie and prove that director is a retard.

    I find it really sad you can't enjoy things like that ,because you think you are to smart for them. You miss out on a lot of fun in life.

    The trailer is really great, watch South Park episode "You're getting old", it explains your problem in detail.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Like it a lot, can't wait to play...

    Personally i like the gameplay i see in the expansion and will definitely get it.

    I don't understand all the hoopla about an intro. It looks good, and it set up an excuse for the player to kill lots of stuff and get epic items.

    I don't think many play ARPGs for the story and i certainly i wouldn't pick apart a 5 min intro that the core is setting up good vs bad.

    If you like nitpiking, it is a lot more fun doing it to movies, where the core experience *is* the story.

     

  • MagnetiaMagnetia SydneyPosts: 1,029Member Uncommon

    They fucked up the writing royally on this one. 

    First of all Cain is dead.

    Second of all why the hell am I fighting ANGELS in a game called DIABLO.

    Just...it's all....ugh. 

    Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member
    I can draw better than Picasso. Have you seen his napkin drawings? Guy was a total hack.

    I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Marlborough, MAPosts: 185Member

    Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

    Originally posted by TheMaahes

    D3 is literally an average aRPG; not terrible, but not good either.

    Can you tell me what are the good aRPG's in your opinion. Don't want to make much offtopic, but damn, as a player new to the IP I enjoyed D3 so much, it is one of the best games I played, so if there is an entire world of aRPG's much better than this hidden from me, then I'm all ears.

    Torchlight 1/2, Path of Exile, A Quest For Epic Loot, Titan Quest, and of course Diablo 2 + X-Pack.

    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Like it a lot, can't wait to play...

    I don't think many play ARPGs for the story and i certainly i wouldn't pick apart a 5 min intro that the core is setting up good vs bad.

    Most don't, A Quest For Epic Loot is proof of that, but Diablo actually has an engaging universe with solid story potential. I actually dislike the aRPG-genre, but D2 sucked me in with the universe (and the Necromancer).

    Originally posted by Magnetia

    They fucked up the writing royally on this one. 

    First of all Cain is dead.

    Second of all why the hell am I fighting ANGELS in a game called DIABLO.

    Just...it's all....ugh. 

    The Horadrim are Human order, created by Tyrael, and the order is not exclusively made up of Cain and the other wizards.

    As for the second remark, because Blizzard decided to rush to the end of a already poorly crafted story.

  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,474Member Uncommon
    While we're at the topic of trailer:

    Anyone want to discuss about lore of Diablo and any possible reasons why Malthael did what he did? Could be a nice little conversation :D
  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Marlborough, MAPosts: 185Member
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    While we're at the topic of trailer:

    Anyone want to discuss about lore of Diablo and any possible reasons why Malthael did what he did? Could be a nice little conversation :D

    He disappeared after Tyrael destroyed the Worldstone, unable to comprehend the devastation that the event caused. Having been the Archangel of Wisdom, his thought paths probably lead him down a road to something like, "Everything eventually perishes, so why not embrace Death.". If that is the case, he should now be akin to the Harbinger of Death, becoming the physical manifestation of it. 

    I can look into this as much as I want to, but I have the gut feeling that Blizzard is just making him the next boss that people need to kill & loot. I highly doubt we'll get a more detailed story in the expansion. Almost as evidence to this is the end of the cinematic with Malthael taking the Black Soulstone for himself (typical villan thinking he can control the Prime Evils himself, typical lazy Blizzard plotline).

  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 848Member
    Originally posted by TheMaahes
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    While we're at the topic of trailer:

    Anyone want to discuss about lore of Diablo and any possible reasons why Malthael did what he did? Could be a nice little conversation :D

    He disappeared after Tyrael destroyed the Worldstone, unable to comprehend the devastation that the event caused. Having been the Archangel of Wisdom, his thought paths probably lead him down a road to something like, "Everything eventually perishes, so why not embrace Death.". If that is the case, he should now be akin to the Harbinger of Death, becoming the physical manifestation of it. 

    I can look into this as much as I want to, but I have the gut feeling that Blizzard is just making him the next boss that people need to kill & loot. I highly doubt we'll get a more detailed story in the expansion. Almost as evidence to this is the end of the cinematic with Malthael taking the Black Soulstone for himself (typical villan thinking he can control the Prime Evils himself, typical lazy Blizzard plotline).

     

    You almost had a nice post until you threw in that "typical lazy Blizzard" garbage. So close...yet so far. 

  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Marlborough, MAPosts: 185Member
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

    You almost had a nice post until you threw in that "typical lazy Blizzard" garbage. So close...yet so far. 

    When it comes to Blizzard, the only thing I really hammer them for is stories, because they are consistently lazy. Not terrible mind you, but very basic and with little exploration of it inside the actual game. They need to constantly push their writers to come up with better ideas and intricacies. I don't have any beef with them using the plot line of "absolute power corrupts absolutely" (even if it is the same theme from the others), but there is no "meat 'n potatoes" in the story.

    This is almost certainly the route they intend to go with Malthael; he goes mad, falls, and joins the Prime Evils. Malthael could be created into something much more complicated though; if he is indeed the physical manifestation of Death in the material realms now, his main opponent in the High Heavens should be Itherael (the archangel of Fate) and that would allow them to explore a new character. Also, he shouldn't join the forces of Hell either, but instead "wage war" against everyone since Death itself is a neutral force. That would expand the general idea of Diablo from the standard good vs. evil as well. Why also would Baal even accept Death as an ally, when (as the Lord of Destruction) he would want to destroy and claim souls for himself. Baal's very nature is to be nihilistic and reckless, the complete opposite nature of ever patient Death. Malthael's only real "ally" among Hell is Diablo himself (Next to Terror itself, Death inspires the most fear in mortals), who should be the weakest member now after scheming against his brothers (who probably won't take too kindly to that).

    There is also the big question of: How did he get all those sweet powers? My first thought was there may still be existing remnants of power from Tathamet and Anu in the universe and it would make sense that Malthael may going looking for those associated with Death after his musings over the devastation from the Worldstone's destruction. To re-combine elements of both gods would assumably be considered sacreligious to both Hell and Heaven however, not to mention difficult. Being the Archangel of Wisdom he could have feasibly discovered the means to do so, but it wouldn't explain why he goes after the Black Soulstone though. I wouldn't accept the fact that his madness replaces his accumulated wisdom with the blind arrogance to do that.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by TheMaahes
     

    When it comes to Blizzard, the only thing I really hammer them for is stories, because they are consistently lazy. Not terrible mind you, but very basic and with little exploration of it inside the actual game. They need to constantly push their writers to come up with better ideas and intricacies. I don't have any beef with them using the plot line of "absolute power corrupts absolutely" (even if it is the same theme from the others), but there is no "meat 'n potatoes" in the story.

    I would prefer they spend their resources on stuff that matter more to me, like polishing combat (which they do).

    The story in D3 works. Given how much time i am spending on farming vs going through the stories .... i am glad they made combat fun.

    In fact, things like loot run in the expansion is 1000x more exciting to me, than any stories.

     

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.