Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Coming out this year?

VutarVutar BaghdadPosts: 773Member Uncommon
I haven't been following this game at all since I generally stay away from F2P games and I just figured this would be one more of them. However, now that they say it will be P2P I am interested. Is this game still on track for 2013? I know ESO was supposed to be 2013 and it got pushed back.

Comments

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

The info is all over the place.

• VutarVutar BaghdadPosts: 773Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Aori

The info is all over the place.

Someone should tell MMORPG that then apparently. It says 2013 right ^^^^ there.

• adidassnofkleadidassnofkle Richmond, INPosts: 31Member
    Originally posted by Vutar

Originally posted by Aori
    2014 The info is all over the place.

Someone should tell MMORPG that then apparently. It says 2013 right ^^^^ there.

It also doesn't include the box price or sub price. This site isn't fast on updates. What else is new?
  • VoqarVoqar Phoenix, AZPosts: 498Member

Eh, when I read it was P2P I was blown away and interested too.

Then I continued reading the blurb and saw the bit about CREDD, which is something more typical to F2P suck, whereby players can essentially pay cash for in-game currency.  Player buys CREDD from company, which is credits towards subscription fees, then sells that in game to other players for in-game currency.  Scrub pays for sub and pays for cred, which gets them game gold, and seller can play for free due to transferring gold to the scrub and paying for their sub with CREDD.  It's supposed to make buying gold safer...because...you know....cheating scumbags deserve to not get their accounts hacked when they deal with other scumbags who farm and sell currency.  It's passed off as an "interesting twist" for player econ.  You can play for free if you wanna help scrubs cheat.  BS.  A game with a $60 box and 15/mo sub doesn't need the extra money grab and surely doesn't need to facilitate cheating.

No longer interested.

Utterly lame idea.  May as well go full retard and be F2P and sell out the game to all losers who want to buy their way thru games instead of play and achieve.

It actually boggles my mind to think that these people think that facilitating cheating for cash in a $60 game with a sub is any kind of good idea.  We're going for hardcore players...and cheaters.  Yeah!  What a mix.

A premium priced game that is claiming it'll have first rate support should be deleting the accounts of cheaters and pimp slapping RMT scum out of existence.  Not freaking providing mechanism for players to cheat!  WTF!

I played EQ at release.  I love MMORPGs.  I think it's the best gaming genre.  But I swear that game designers and corporations are going out of their way to drive me away from the genre.  The mutilation of this once great (and successful) genre away from grouping and towards solo.  The resulting F2P poopstorm.  The continual dumbing down and removal of challenge.  Constantly trying to appeal to soloists, casuals, and other players who aren't ever going to pay subs over time and who aren't suited to classic MMORPG gameplay.  The original MMORPGs were successful and most are still going today.  I am just never understanding why the formula has been changed so much, especially when the all of the solo ez mode clone games that try to be everything to everybody are all essentially considered failures (they pay for themselves and they maintain a shell of themselves via F2P but they failed to stay sub-based and failed to retain consistent players over time).

I weep.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• adidassnofkleadidassnofkle Richmond, INPosts: 31Member
    Originally posted by Voqar

Eh, when I read it was P2P I was blown away and interested too. Then I continued reading the blurb and saw the bit about CREDD, which is something more typical to F2P suck, whereby players can essentially pay cash for in-game currency.  Player buys CREDD from company, which is credits towards subscription fees, then sells that in game to other players for in-game currency.  Scrub pays for sub and pays for cred, which gets them game gold, and seller can play for free due to transferring gold to the scrub and paying for their sub with CREDD.  It's supposed to make buying gold safer...because...you know....cheating scumbags deserve to not get their accounts hacked when they deal with other scumbags who farm and sell currency.  It's passed off as an "interesting twist" for player econ.  You can play for free if you wanna help scrubs cheat.  BS.  A game with a $60 box and 15/mo sub doesn't need the extra money grab and surely doesn't need to facilitate cheating. No longer interested. Utterly lame idea.  May as well go full retard and be F2P and sell out the game to all losers who want to buy their way thru games instead of play and achieve. It actually boggles my mind to think that these people think that facilitating cheating for cash in a $60 game with a sub is any kind of good idea.  We're going for hardcore players...and cheaters.  Yeah!  What a mix. A premium priced game that is claiming it'll have first rate support should be deleting the accounts of cheaters and pimp slapping RMT scum out of existence.  Not freaking providing mechanism for players to cheat!  WTF! I played EQ at release.  I love MMORPGs.  I think it's the best gaming genre.  But I swear that game designers and corporations are going out of their way to drive me away from the genre.  The mutilation of this once great (and successful) genre away from grouping and towards solo.  The resulting F2P poopstorm.  The continual dumbing down and removal of challenge.  Constantly trying to appeal to soloists, casuals, and other players who aren't ever going to pay subs over time and who aren't suited to classic MMORPG gameplay.  The original MMORPGs were successful and most are still going today.  I am just never understanding why the formula has been changed so much, especially when the all of the solo ez mode clone games that try to be everything to everybody are all essentially considered failures (they pay for themselves and they maintain a shell of themselves via F2P but they failed to stay sub-based and failed to retain consistent players over time). I weep.

People who bought gold aren't necessarily the victims of account theft, at least not in any greater proportion to the rest of the population. The people who lose their accounts are people who don't buy authenticators.

It might help security some, but not by any huge margin. WS is just another cash for gold shop essentially, just one you know won't cheat you.

Whether you like it or not people will have bought gold anyways, and they still will. This won't stop gold sellers, it just means they have to sell at a lower price than the game devs, which is easy.

What I worry about it P2W.
  • page975page975 Scranton, PAPosts: 312Member
    Originally posted by Voqar

Eh, when I read it was P2P I was blown away and interested too.

Then I continued reading the blurb and saw the bit about CREDD, which is something more typical to F2P suck, whereby players can essentially pay cash for in-game currency.  Player buys CREDD from company, which is credits towards subscription fees, then sells that in game to other players for in-game currency.  Scrub pays for sub and pays for cred, which gets them game gold, and seller can play for free due to transferring gold to the scrub and paying for their sub with CREDD.  It's supposed to make buying gold safer...because...you know....cheating scumbags deserve to not get their accounts hacked when they deal with other scumbags who farm and sell currency.  It's passed off as an "interesting twist" for player econ.  You can play for free if you wanna help scrubs cheat.  BS.  A game with a $60 box and 15/mo sub doesn't need the extra money grab and surely doesn't need to facilitate cheating.

No longer interested.

Utterly lame idea.  May as well go full retard and be F2P and sell out the game to all losers who want to buy their way thru games instead of play and achieve.

It actually boggles my mind to think that these people think that facilitating cheating for cash in a $60 game with a sub is any kind of good idea.  We're going for hardcore players...and cheaters.  Yeah!  What a mix.

A premium priced game that is claiming it'll have first rate support should be deleting the accounts of cheaters and pimp slapping RMT scum out of existence.  Not freaking providing mechanism for players to cheat!  WTF!

I played EQ at release.  I love MMORPGs.  I think it's the best gaming genre.  But I swear that game designers and corporations are going out of their way to drive me away from the genre.  The mutilation of this once great (and successful) genre away from grouping and towards solo.  The resulting F2P poopstorm.  The continual dumbing down and removal of challenge.  Constantly trying to appeal to soloists, casuals, and other players who aren't ever going to pay subs over time and who aren't suited to classic MMORPG gameplay.  The original MMORPGs were successful and most are still going today.  I am just never understanding why the formula has been changed so much, especially when the all of the solo ez mode clone games that try to be everything to everybody are all essentially considered failures (they pay for themselves and they maintain a shell of themselves via F2P but they failed to stay sub-based and failed to retain consistent players over time).

I weep.

+1