Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Opening Cinematic

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Diablo III's first expansion, Reaper of Souls, was unveiled today at this year's gamescom and we've got the opening cinematic trailer right here for you.

Comments

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324
    As always they put out great clips!
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    very nice
  • legendairlegendair Member CommonPosts: 60
    They copied off Dragons Dogma
  • AndrosTRBAndrosTRB Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Cinematic is amazing as usual but dialogue is subpar. 
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by uidcaustic3
    Blizzard needs to cease making games and start making movies... at least they can do that right.

Why? So when the first movie blizzard makes ends up making a trillion dollars and every movie thereafter try to become WoW clones(because lets be honest, first movie is gonna be that WoW movie that never happened) and then people are gonna be saying blizzard sucks and that it ruined the movie genre and we're right back where we started.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    lorelol. lets take stone to labyrint where is evil ex angel.
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

Why does this guy want the Diablo crystal or whatever.  People beat Diablo on Insane with their eyes closed.  The guy is a pushover.  

So instead of Blizzard making Diablo 3 good, like they should have in the first place, they are just going to release an expansion and be like "We promise we'll do better this time...but you guys are going to have to give us more money...(hahaha, suckers!) "

Seriously, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on ME!

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

'Yez! ill be using the RMAH* come next year for this game!- love d3"

ive been fortunate enough not to compare it to d1 or d2 since i never played them,(was actually dating during my college years) but i feel this has to be blizz best game release to date!

hope they have more than just act V!!!!

*this comment is inresponse to all the crazy hooplah this site has with F2p and Sub based games, if i enjoy a game-ill support it 100%-and this game i support 100%.

=)
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I like Diablo 3, and I can't wait for the expansion.  I don't think people remember, but Diablo 2 wasn't that great until the expansion came out.  It was a good game, just like Diablo 3, but not great.  

Just an fyi.  Malthael was the aspect of wisdom before Tyrael took over for him after Malthael disappeared after the destruction of the worldstone in diablo 2.  It's a grave warning that he would want the black soulstone, since Malthael is know for his great insight and knowledge.  Maybe he knows something we don't?

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Not interested.

This will be the first time in my life I won't purchase a Diablo title. Diablo 3 is fundamentally flawed and is quite boring, expansions will do nothing to remedy that problem.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    "The crystal arch was merely a setback" - Diablo Sunstrider
  • LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Yes yes, very nice but will it still have the Auction House?  If yes then this trailer ain't winning me back to try it out.   A cinematic trailer is like a new house purchase where the homes inspector did a crappy job, it's all shiny on the outside, but full of crap and problems in the inside.  I hope those that got ripped from D3 will consider and put heavy thoughts before trying out this new expansion.
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Minimum of three new classes or I'm not interested.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

Why does this guy want the Diablo crystal or whatever.  People beat Diablo on Insane with their eyes closed.  The guy is a pushover.  

So instead of Blizzard making Diablo 3 good, like they should have in the first place, they are just going to release an expansion and be like "We promise we'll do better this time...but you guys are going to have to give us more money...(hahaha, suckers!) "

I wouldn't call him a pushover, That's Malthael, the former aspect of wisdom.  He disappeared after the destruction of the worldstone in diablo 2.  "Wisdom is the greatest weapon anyone can wield"

Plus I have a feeling he's immortal, seeing as he's the aspect of death now...and death cannot be killed since he is death
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Arskaaa

And put it in high up on a pedestal with lights shining on it and every indication that the stone is IMPORTANT and that taking would lead to having POWER. That will make sure the stone stays safe.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Mills007Mills007 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by uidcaustic4
    Originally posted by lizardbones

And put it in high up on a pedestal with lights shining on it and every indication that the stone is IMPORTANT and that taking would lead to having POWER. That will make sure the stone stays safe.

What could go wrong?

As opposed to what... Tyreal leaving it on his desk and telling everyone it's a paper weight?

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    Minimum of three new classes or I'm not interested.

Sorry, this is an expansion, not a new game.

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

I agree.  Diablo is so freaking weak its a joke. 

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    They should make it that when you beat the final boss, Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" starts to play. Probably the only way they would get me to play.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    My problem with D3 is the fact that there's no way to customize your class or pick some viable skills for your prefered class. You just go with whatever works and thats so limited that its ridiculous. Compared to D2 and the way you could make any build possible, this D3 is crap.
  • ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469
    Originally posted by legendair
    They copied off Dragons Dogma

Dragon's Dogma is inspired by the manga series 'Berserk'. you can even assemble a set of armor called the 'Swordsman Armor' which looks almost identical to Guts' armor in the series, who is also known as the 'Black Swordsman'.

The main boss in 'Dark Arisen'(DD expansion) looks very similar to Nosferatu Zod, one of Guts nemisis. these are just two little tidbitts.

just figured I would mention that, since you are so bothered by creative art taking ideas from past work. IMO, that is just the way of art. rarely do you see something truly unique. it is just new to you at the time. most things artist create only seem unique because it is inspired by something outside of the mainstream.

(watching my roommate play DD is like watching a Bersek episode, as he created most of the main characters from the 'Band of the Hawk' the first main story arc in Bersek. awesome story. check it out if you like demons, blood, and betrayal.)

in a world where magical artifacts are aplenty, that might be so obvious that it actually works.
    Originally posted by Mills007
    Originally posted by uidcaustic4
    Originally posted by lizardbones

What could go wrong?

As opposed to what... Tyreal leaving it on his desk and telling everyone it's a paper weight?

sorry, my above coment was meant to reply to this.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by orbitxo

'Yez! ill be using the RMAH* come next year for this game!- love d3"

ive been fortunate enough not to compare it to d1 or d2 since i never played them,(was actually dating during my college years) but i feel this has to be blizz best game release to date!

hope they have more than just act V!!!!

*this comment is inresponse to all the crazy hooplah this site has with F2p and Sub based games, if i enjoy a game-ill support it 100%-and this game i support 100%.

=)

Trust me when I tell you that by not having played D1 & D2, you will never understand why so many of us despise D3. Oh and I was dating in college too after D1 released and still found time to play it!

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    The technical parts of the trailer is great. Blizzard really is tops for that. But otherwise the trailer didn't really grab me.