Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOWP Soars to release

SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214

If there were ever a game not ready its this one. There is virtually no content in the game. It is one of the most redundant game I know of to date.  Release is schedule for Sept. 25th or 26th depending on the server location. So far theres is no real content in game.

Currently there is only 9 maps, no game modes. Same repetitive gameplay after game. With the launch I do expect them to bring about the British line however we don't even know how balanced they will be. Currently the balance of the game is typical of WG they still base their balance on Historical stats and if you believe that then I have pacific  shore line property for sale in Kansas .

SerB uses his own ideas to improve the game, not the community's: "90 percent of ideas from gaming community are stupid, 9 percent are not realizable and 0,99 percent from the remaining 1 percent are already planned" " This his philosophy and his feelings toward the player base as a whole these r his words. This is undoubtedly the most incompetent  developer who thinks this way

Take a look for a moment and lets match with WarThunder. Graphics are fairly goes but that where the game stops in comparing the 2. WT has gameplay WOWP does not, WT has game modes WOWP does not. WT does not penalize a player for someone stupid gameplay as does WOWP they penalize you. WT is mission based with 3 different categories. WOWP has nothing but 9 random maps. separated by Tiers  certain tiers will play on certain maps where u can play the same map at least 3-4 times in a row.

WT has a better research system in place with a  greater choice of aircraft to research over whelming WOWP After last patch they were suppose to optimize the FPS instead they slowed down some 30fps for me and they are going to soar to a release the end of Sept. http://worldofwarplanes.com/en/news/9/world-of-warplanes-release-date-announced/

So my recommendation to all those that are considering to play this game don't, spend your time with WT its a far superior product than WOWP.

Comments

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

Based on all the comments he has made regarding WOT - serB feels contempt for the average gamer. He routinely insults people and, recently, the entire country of Poland (complaints about the 'Stalin' decals on tanks being insensitive to Eastern Europeans who lived through the purges in the 30s and 40s etc) led to distasteful jokes/insults about Polish people.  

As lead developer he has an agenda. For example - in WOT everyone believes the KVIS1 is overpower due to the 122mm cannon. serB has refused to nerf it to-date.

So - back on topic - as an Alpha tester for WoWP who has gone back to it off and on during Beta I concur with OP. This game is just plain bad from the lack of modes to the too-few maps to the flight and damage models.

WT have soundly beaten WG on this one, but WG will still attract some players thanks to their "Unified Account" approach plus offering gold to players of both WoT and WoWP which can be used in either game.

Once WT gets Ground and Ship combat online it will change the dynamic.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I've never heard anyone say they'd play this over warthunder...if they're into a plane game at all. I don't really see this game "soaring " after release. They're going to have two games that tank.
  • SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214
    After the recent Patch 5.3.3 the game has finally evolved into what Serb really wants a World of Tanks in the Sky! With all the nice graphics this game is nothing but shallow game play. My greatest fear he will turn WOWS the same way and to me its really sad that they continue to keep him on the pay roll.