Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO will be P2P

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

Originally posted by jtcgs
    Beside, the animations and combat is horrible and the game lacks depth.

What kind of depth does the game lack?

Cant give you details, NDA. I can say the story isn't well written, the combat is vastly limited due to few skills and there are TOO MANY DAMN INVISIBLE WALLS making it feel unopen. the rest would be breaking the NDA.

Originally posted by Gorwe

Originally posted by jtcgs

You still shouldn't feel betrayed by THIS announcement seeing as how many things about the game already wasn't TES. The game is FUBAR, this announcement only goes in line with the rest. Beside, the animations and combat is horrible and the game lacks depth.

How do you mean the game is FUBAR?

Is it FUBAR'd worse than Tango n Cash in the prison? ;)

lol, loved that movie!

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Interesting. First Wildstar and now this one... it looks like the pendulum is swinging back.

I have to say I'm a bit surprised... but pleased. I find the monetization of the game play--not just game purchase--annoying... I always have and specially so with games on my iPad. I don't want to be constantly reminded that there are things I can buy. All in all, I rather pay a fee and get access to everything just through game play... no silly chest + keys gambling mini games.

Whether it makes sense for their business and Zmax can squeeze as many pennies out of us as they would have had it been F2P or B2P + cash shop, I don't know and could care less but they will make a profit regardless: many (specially us here) will buy it as an MMO but many more will think of it as a single player game, play their month, and go on their merry way.... or that's their plan anyway--some of this 2nd group will like it enough to play "just one more month."

So, no biggie... as always... dudes, where's my beta key?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Iselin

Interesting. First Wildstar and now this one... it looks like the pendulum is swinging back.

I have to say I'm a bit surprised... but pleased. I find the monetization of the game play--not just game purchase--annoying... I always have and specially so with games on my iPad. I don't want to be constantly reminded that there are things I can buy. All in all, I rather pay a fee and get access to everything just through game play... no silly chest + keys gambling mini games.

Whether it makes sense for their business and Zmax can squeeze as many pennies out of us as they would have had it been F2P or B2P + cash shop, I don't know and could care less but they will make a profit regardless: many (specially us here) will buy it as an MMO but many more will think of it as a single player game, play their month, and go on their merry way.... or that's their plan anyway--some of this 2nd group will like it enough to play "just one more month."

I don't see it this way. Who in their right mind would pay $60 for a single player game that they can only play for 1 month? If you looks around the web, not many people are happy with this choice they made. Very few happy campers.

Originally posted by Brabbit1987

I don't see it this way. Who in their right mind would pay $60 for a single player game that they can only play for 1 month? If you looks around the web, not many people are happy with this choice they made. Very few happy campers.

People who bought Dragon Age, The Witcher, Demon Souls, etc., etc. Just how long do you think a single player RPG gest played on average? Diablo and Skyrim are the anomalies, not the norm and even those, get put down after the first play through by many.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

People who bought Dragon Age, The Witcher, Demon Souls, etc., etc. Just how long do you think a single player RPG gest played on average? Diablo and Skyrim are the anomalies, not the norm and even those, get put down after the first play through by many.

Difference is, you can replay those. So you can't even compare that. Even if the person was to never pick up those games and replay them, it's the fact you know that you are able too. While with ESO ... after the month, you can't. You would have to pay $15 to even be able to load the game again.

So please, go ahead, try again.

Difference is, you can replay those. So you can't even compare that. Even if the person was to never pick up those games and replay them, it's the fact you know that you are able too. While with ESO ... after the month, you can't. You would have to pay $15 to even be able to load the game again.

I don't really have to try, because I really don't give a shit whether you like it or not. I like it and, good or bad,  it will sell like hot cakes.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• FireWalkWithmeFireWalkWithme Member Posts: 17

I don't really have to try, because I really don't give a shit whether you like it or not. I like it and, good or bad,  it will sell like hot cakes.

It may sell like "hot cakes" but that doesn't mean anything for the subs they lose, which if they lose lots of subs they will go f2p like countless other p2p games have done.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I'm glad most games coming out will be P2P.  I don't know how people play those nickel and dime F2P and B2P games.  If you can't afford $15 a month, you shouldn't be playing games, go get a job lol.

P2P promotes good, gradual content.  F2P promotes "BUY THIS SUPER COOL LOOKING HELMET WITH NO STATS AND DOES ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING*"

"*the item you are actually buying is a box that has a very small .00000001% chance of giving you cool said hat.  All other times it will give you meaningless potions or something you can easily get ingame"

PFFT ... ya ? Hot cakes? Keep telling yourself that. What makes you think it will be any different then all the other P2P games?

It's not like all the other P2P games where bad or anything. So I don't see what makes you think all of a sudden the model will work out of no where.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by FireWalkWithme

It may sell like "hot cakes" but that doesn't mean anything for the subs they lose, which if they lose lots of subs they will go f2p like countless other p2p games have done.

And when and if it goes F2P will you be happy then? image

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• FireWalkWithmeFireWalkWithme Member Posts: 17

Probably not because i'm sure it will have some horrible limitations f2p model. They needed to go the B2P route like GW2 did. GW2 say what you want but that game releases new, FREE content every month.

PFFT ... ya ? Hot cakes? Keep telling yourself that. What makes you think it will be any different then all the other P2P games?

It's not like all the other P2P games where bad or anything. So I don't see what makes you think all of a sudden the model will work out of no where.

Also, what I think DOES matter as I am potential customer just as much as you are. Derp.

Obviously it matters to you...way too much it seems... but I still don't give a shit whether it matters to you or not.

Of course it matter, because I am interested in the game .... you got an issue with that? Is it so strange that it is beyond your comprehension that another person who doesn't like the P2P model would be interested in an Elder Scrolls MMO?

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Now serious players can look at the game for real. B2P and F2P showed us that we cant expect good game out of it. Not if you plan to play the game for more than a month that is.

So yeah im happy about this :)

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Probably not because i'm sure it will have some horrible limitations f2p model. They needed to go the B2P route like GW2 did. GW2 say what you want but that game releases new, FREE content every month.

Yes they do but its more events and more of the same. Even the new zones.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

I play GW2 still on and off. It's a good game...those chests and keys though? I'd rather not have the constant carrot being dangled in front of my nose. I find those annoying no matter how much content they add every month.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Also, what I think DOES matter as I am potential customer just as much as you are. Derp.

Obviously it matters to you...way too much it seems... but I still don't give a shit whether it matters to you or not.

Of course it matter, because I am interested in the game .... you got an issue with that? Is it so strange that it is beyond your comprehension that another person who doesn't like the P2P model would be interested in an Elder Scrolls MMO?

Dude..the way you're so overheated over this issue....calling people names... all in all, I'd rather not have you there. Another plus for the P2P model for me.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Dude..the way you're so overheated over this issue....calling people names... all in all, I'd rather not have you there. Another plus for the P2P model for me.

WHERE did I call anyone a name? I have not cursed and I have not thrown any insults around. No idea what you are talking about. I have said I am not stupid. Don't think that classifies as calling anyone names.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

and thats without all text !

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Nadia

and thats without all text !

Ooohhh. It is like one of those endless reflections using mirrors.. O.O

Or some going to lightspeed jump in some random scifi movie.

By Asuryan!

Nah leave these P2Ps to have a time of their life brabbit. We all know who will be laughing come 2015. When all these shitty highway robberies do what they are supposed to do. Buy their lead devs Lambos Then they will forget about these games(chance: 7446547657%.).

What a shame for a game of this magnitude to go in the gutter only because Mr.Sage wants to recreate DAoC(a VERY average game btw). Such a shame. Haven't we learned from WAR? Obv not...

(but I do have to go through this because it is a franchise I LOVE and I am cursed with mediocrity when it comes to that. I'd say that Conan fared the best with Funcom and AoC. All the other got herpsters-LoTR:O/WAR/ESO)

Ooh lookit all that bait there! Think you'll get a bite? Maybe cast a few other lines into the water, you aren't being provocative enough.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

By Asuryan!

Nah leave these P2Ps to have a time of their life brabbit. We all know who will be laughing come 2015. When all these shitty highway robberies do what they are supposed to do. Buy their lead devs Lambos Then they will forget about these games(chance: 7446547657%.).

What a shame for a game of this magnitude to go in the gutter only because Mr.Sage wants to recreate DAoC(a VERY average game btw). Such a shame. Haven't we learned from WAR? Obv not...

(but I do have to go through this because it is a franchise I LOVE and I am cursed with mediocrity when it comes to that. I'd say that Conan fared the best with Funcom and AoC. All the other got herpsters-LoTR:O/WAR/ESO)

Ooh lookit all that bait there! Think you'll get a bite? Maybe cast a few other lines into the water, you aren't being provocative enough.

o.o wouldn't you call what you just did a bite? I thought no response was no bite.

By Asuryan!

o.o wouldn't you call what you just did a bite? I thought no response was no bite.

Nah... you can watch the lines going in the water, describe them for what they are, and still not bite... it does take some discipline though/

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

By Asuryan!

Nah... you can watch the lines going in the water, describe them for what they are, and still not bite... it does take some discipline though/

Ahh ... I see. :3 ... Still waiting for you to show me where I called someone a name :P

I actually think it's funny how you said, I was heated yet you are the one that started cursing XD

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Actually yes, that is a major deal breaker, I couldn't afford it even if I wanted to at this time. I would have happily purchased the game as a B2P game, but paying a monthly fee of $15 is crazy.  I really don't even understand how they can expect their console players to pay a monthly fee for console and a game on top of that. They are going to be losing a lot of customers with this model I think.

To those who can afford it, awesome! Hope you all enjoy the game. I will not waste my money, because i know they will end up switching models eventually anyway.

^This.

I wholeheartedly agree.  Look at all the games that were p2p that have gone f2p or are just gone.  Only 2 have remained p2p, and if recent history tells me anything, it tells me that ESO, Wildstar, and FFXIV will drop their subscription fees and either go f2p or b2p within months of release.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• MMORPGtesterMMORPGtester Member UncommonPosts: 96
    well me and the wife were going to play this one. We have played every single one they made and loved them all. I however am not willing to pay for the game, then pay for a monthly fee tho. When there are so many free ones we can jump to and from. I guess our elder scrolls hit the last scroll.