Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any MMO anywhere on the internet like Conquer?

kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215

This game used to be absolutely amazing.  Think of an open world League of Legends but with huge jumps (hard to explain why this worked so well) and only ezreal type skill shots for trojans, ashe + varus skill shots for archers, and two other classes that can't really be compared with LoL champs.  Combine this with completely open pk absolutely anywhere, even inside of cities, there was only one safe zone in the entire world map. It also had by far the best PvP system, advancement system, freedom, community, chat system (much more of a big deal then you realize if you haven't played) and even trade/market system I have ever seen to this day in over 10 years of playing mmos.  Anyone that played Conquer 1.0 probably understands what I mean on at least one of those points, it's a very unique MMO that I've never seen a copy of in any way really.

However. in about 2007... Forget what you know about Pay 2 Win.  Think PWI is p2w?  Think EA is p2w?  Think Aeria, Outspark, Nexon, or gpotato is even kind of p2w?  I can say with full confidence that TQ Digital (dev/publisher of CO) is currently the most pay 2 win company out there by a mile.

What I'm looking for is a game that has everything that I love about conquer without everything that I hate about conquer.  Or a REALLY good conquer private server.  Anybody out there know a game that meets what I'm looking for?

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
Why is it still such a big deal?