Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gnomes Confirmed :)

Burdoc101Burdoc101 Member UncommonPosts: 283

For everyone wondering about gnomes in EQN. Check out the new official e-book "Fall of Bastion" on the eqnext website. They are confirmed. :)

[Edit]

Whoops, thought it would be on their main website, but I guess it was an EQNext app unlock. Here is where I was able to download and read the book. If I remember correctly gnomes are mentioned less then five times, but mentioned never the less.

http://www.eqhammer.com/news/new-everquest-next-novella-unlocked

Comments

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Burdoc101
    For everyone wondering about gnomes in EQN. Check out the new official e-book "Fall of Bastion" on the eqnext website. They are confirmed. :)

Good now the gnome punting world cup try outs can commence.

• SengiSengi Member CommonPosts: 350

I would not be so sure. That they exist in the lore does not necessary mean they are a payable race at release.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Sengi

I would not be so sure. That they exist in the lore does not necessary mean they are a payable race at release.

SILENCE!

edit: And why can I not find this ebook?

• Burdoc101Burdoc101 Member UncommonPosts: 283

True, they may not be at release. I can't guarantee anything of course, but I don't think the development team would waste their time about how much lore means to the game and not go through with it.

• EeksEeks Member Posts: 72
    They're mentioned in the first book too =p   I just wanna know where my Halflings at?
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

I would agree Halfling Deputies with there funny Zorro Masks are VERY important to Norrath =)

but Gnomes are A lot more important haha

Where are the Eruditites also ?  That big Tall black race with the Huge brains  Very good at spellcasting 

I wish SOE would have just waited and gave us All the Core races from Everquest 1...The races that shipped with Eq 1

And everyone would be happy

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

SILENCE!

edit: And why can I not find this ebook?

https://www.everquestnext.com/media?category=ebook

Was a great read cant wait for em to add more :)

Edit seems like the story took place in the dead hills/around that area (SW side of antonice) mihgt need 2 explore that when EQN comes out sounds like there be some intresting things round there too find.

• ZombieCatZombieCat Member UncommonPosts: 55

The new eBook was leaked from the EQN Worlds App and is not on the main EQN website yet. I just finished reading it last night and like the first one, I enjoyed it very much.

It can be found here: http://www.eqhammer.com/sites/eqhammer.com/files/The-Fall-of-Bastion.pdf

I just got a New Tweet  to share I have been Tweeting them like crazy about gnomes for a month now...and this is  my first one back so far  =)

@Primula420 Don't panic! The Dev Team's only getting started - there's time to champion your Gnome cause! @DaveGeorgeson @terryjmichaels

Female Gnome Warrior of Norrath !

hopefully this means Gnomes will be in game
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Originally posted by Grimula
    hopefully this means Gnomes will be in game

Given the lore we know about, the wallpaper release, the novella and this answer.. I'm sure they will be in!

Sooooo happy to finally get some feedback from the devs About Gnomes  =)

Always neat to talk directly to a dev  =)  Even if its just a tweeet

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

So, let me get this straight....

Gnomes are confirmed to exist in the lore, but not confirmed as a playable race at launch.

This thread is /facepalm.

--------------------------------------------
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

I think tweets like this really show how much development is still left to be done on this game, I am amazed at how some people are claiming it is 80% done or that release is just 6 months away...

Well we can Always hope they are keeping MORE secret then we know haha

meaning Hopefully they have all races made already  =) and its a Secret   im Optomistic    Just glad I finally got a tweet back

Made me very happy today to actually get a real tweet hahah

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Would be nice if they are playable, gnomes are my favourite race for a "fun character".

Also I bet they gonna be playable, cuz there must always be *dramatic lightning* the little race.

PS

..because this thread needs it.

Poor Little Rabbit with glasses..

My Female Gnome Warrior is Carnivorous  that rabbit wouldn't stand a chance near my Gnome

Gnomes are Much Fiercer then they appear

• shassshass Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Nice EQnext screenshot there Xarko. Love the griity world; can't wait to explore and slay a few sugar mice.
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Grimula

Poor Little Rabbit with glasses..

My Female Gnome Warrior is Carnivorous  that rabbit wouldn't stand a chance near my Gnome

Gnomes are Much Fiercer then they appear

That's not a rabbit, that's the EQN version of a Ratonga Shadowknight.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    yes gnomes and halflings are very important as sammich ingredients gnomes are fast food compared to halfings though u got to boil their feet for a looooong time but halfing toe stew is yum yum
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    There goes the neighborhood.
    Liking the player housing - that green roof looks spiffing.

Sure are bad looking dudes these new Kerra...

STOP THE HATE ! LOVE THE GNOMES !

Garden Gnome Liberation Front wholeheartedly object to the the slavery of gnomes and believe they should be liberated forthwith from their life of servitude. Being forced by strange magic to do the bidding of human masters - (run forward, turn left, bang that worm over the head, get stabbed) -? is no life for a Gnome which is why so many of us pretend to be statuesque figures in the gardens of these "humans". Our day is nigh however and soon we shall rise up and Overthrow the evil overlords!!

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Gnome is delicious pan fried with a light white wine reduction with fresh rosemary and sage.