Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Emotes

Ok, I'm embarrassed to ask this, but since this is a FF game with some different takes on MMO systems that I haven't seen before I'll ask:

I was doing my lvl 5 class quest for my Guardian and the quest had me do a /me emote to "taunt" the NPC.

I was thinking, oh, they are describing what a taunt is...then I start thinkling...OMG...is that how you actually taunt mobs in the game? Should I try it? What if it's isn't and I'm hitting my /me macro while the mobs are ignoring my silly emote and tearing my group apart!???

So you see the issue...do emote do anything in FF other than add community flavor? Like /wave or /goodbye

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    They are just for show, and the odd quest here and there.  There may be some secrets associated with it, but nothing combat related, unless it's a very specific quest objective. One leve I did required me to /soothe an almost dead mob.
  • striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    They don't really do anything for the most part. If you do /sit near certain things you'll actually sit on them. Also while not really an emote per say /visor will lower or raise your visor if your helmet has one.