Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a single person out there that managed to enter the early access code?

124»

Comments

• AngelxxAngelxx Member Posts: 81

Wah, did he mean me? I thought he was referring to the square enix representation/customer service people?

Well either way, so far I have not encountered any further problems so I'm quite hopeful.

• destroyerdeedestroyerdee Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Everything worked A okay for me.
  • evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by falph

This is amazing, thank you.

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Alamareth
    Originally posted by Roin
    Originally posted by Angelxx
    I didn't get any emails we were supposed to get on the 20. I've just entered the 18 digit Early Access code Amazon sent me after purchase, that was the only code I had (I had no 20 digit code some other people did). After entering it on this site http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/, they gave me the Promotion Code (12 digits only). I had to redeem this code on my Playstation Network and the download started.

The rep pretty much was telling a bold face lie. A friend of mine that will be playing on Balmung had to point it out to me. She said if I was getting error 3 message to keep trying. After about 25+ tries it finally redeemed. Was also fortunate enough to get the NA code and not stuck with a EU code like some folks.

B1 to B3 went so well. But so far everything after it has been nothing but problematic.  I really hope they get it together. Because once you lose the people. It is very hard to get them back. ARR was their second chance. You piss people off anymore and there won't be a third chance.

The poster is clueless and inaccurately attacking Angelxx as a "rep".

I purchased the $29.99 retail package from Amazon today.  Amazon immediately sent me my confirmation code with a link to the redemption site.  I didn't get any "Error 3", it worked perfectly.  Upon entering the code I received my promotional redemption key, which also worked flawlessly.  The only part I don't know yet is if it all actually worked, although I see no indication to expect failure.

I also checked my account dashboard, FFXIV:ARR registered - 8/21.

This sounds about right for everything thats happened from Phase 4 to now :

Some people are brought to an absolute screeching halt, with little or no clear explanation of how to troubleshoot, what to do, or even where to get information.

Others have no problems what so ever.

Since your code from amazon worked from a pre-order today, I'm wondering if the older codes are what got screwed ? I mean I got my code back in July and I still can't register (error code 3) but game is listed as "EU" for me so..fun..

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

They emailed me an EU code and finally got my US code through their online application this morning and registered my early access code and ready for early access now :).

If you are one of those people who gotten an EU code and was supposed to get a NA code, just go to your SE profile and change any settings on their that points you to any place other than NA (even the language preference) and then retry your pre-order code and it will go through and get you a NA early access code.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• AngelxxAngelxx Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by evianwater
    I didn't get any emails we were supposed to get on the 20. I've just entered the 18 digit Early Access code Amazon sent me after purchase, that was the only code I had (I had no 20 digit code some other people did). After entering it on this site http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/, they gave me the Promotion Code (12 digits only). I had to redeem this code on my Playstation Network and the download started.

The rep pretty much was telling a bold face lie. A friend of mine that will be playing on Balmung had to point it out to me. She said if I was getting error 3 message to keep trying. After about 25+ tries it finally redeemed. Was also fortunate enough to get the NA code and not stuck with a EU code like some folks.

B1 to B3 went so well. But so far everything after it has been nothing but problematic.  I really hope they get it together. Because once you lose the people. It is very hard to get them back. ARR was their second chance. You piss people off anymore and there won't be a third chance.

I purchased the $29.99 retail package from Amazon today.  Amazon immediately sent me my confirmation code with a link to the redemption site.  I didn't get any "Error 3", it worked perfectly.  Upon entering the code I received my promotional redemption key, which also worked flawlessly.  The only part I don't know yet is if it all actually worked, although I see no indication to expect failure.

This sounds about right for everything thats happened from Phase 4 to now :

Some people are brought to an absolute screeching halt, with little or no clear explanation of how to troubleshoot, what to do, or even where to get information.

Others have no problems what so ever.

Since your code from amazon worked from a pre-order today, I'm wondering if the older codes are what got screwed ? I mean I got my code back in July and I still can't register (error code 3) but game is listed as "EU" for me so..fun..

My code was from the 30th July. I had some problems too, it even stated PC version instead of PS3 but now everything's perfectly well, it even says PS3 version. So maybe it takes a while for them to fix all the codes. Also, I'm actually from EU, so maybe they've fixed EU codes first, I'm sure that now they're working on NA codes.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

What are you talking about? Where do I refer Angelxx as a Customer service rep? Think you might be misunderstanding my post by a long shot. Next time do some actual reading, and grasp the full conversation before calling someone clueless.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• thyraventhyraven Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Do we get a code even if we preordered directly from SE?
  • XalissXaliss Member Posts: 2
    I was able to get my code into today. I read on the beta forums of a guy having success by hitting the F5 key to refresh his page and his code being accepted. I tried the same and after doing it twice my code was accepted. Hope it helps. 
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I just entered it into the pre order site, got my code, all is well.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• casper333333casper333333 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by Xaliss
    I was able to get my code into today. I read on the beta forums of a guy having success by hitting the F5 key to refresh his page and his code being accepted. I tried the same and after doing it twice my code was accepted. Hope it helps. 

I can confirm this I hit F5 twice as well and boom got my 20 digit code, worked five min ago. Thanks :)

• page975page975 Member Posts: 312

I just got home from work and entered my 18 digit code and it took. It then gave me a 20 digit code and the download link. Aslo if you played bata 4 you do not have to download. On startup just enter the 20 digit code and play.

I'm all set :)

Just to add, I never got an e-mail telling me to try my code, I just did it on my own !

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

Erm - I got my 18 digit and then my 20 digit code - put them both in...but now it's asking me which of my two FFXIV accounts (I registered 2 beta keys) I want to apply benefits to, and it gives me a link to the lodestone to check which characters are on which account. Well, I put in the same account information I was using to log into the game during beta and it said there were no characters on that account...okay, try the next...'An Error has Occured'....

There is a warning that you won't be able to apply the preorder bonuses, which I assume includes early access, again after you do it once...can anyone shed light on this?

• FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120

My wife's code worked on the first try.

My gave me the same error as usual, and I had to F5 once.

Our 20 digit codes are entered and we're good to go.

FYI - You don't have to wait for the game to go live. As per the instructions:

<section column="" wide"="">
    • Input this code, when prompted, after logging in to the game for the first time.
    • Alternatively, please go here to redeem the code.
    • We have also sent you an email with this early access code and the download link and instructions on how to download the game.
    • Please click the button below to download the PC version of the game.
    • If you participated in the Final Beta test of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn you will not need to download the game again.

• sacasesacase Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I was getting error 3 last night and again today. I decided to try my IE browser instead of Chrome and as soon as I plugged it into IE it worked. So if you are having problems maybe try a different browser. 
  • ArourieArourie Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I registered mine 20 minutes ago
  • Leviathon77Leviathon77 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I was able to enter my code, pre purchased from SE, 20 digits with 5 groups of 4 characters.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by falph

Perfect! Maybe the convoluted sign up is a filter?

EDIT: And not only that we make you make an account so you can use that account to make another account.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152

there is  no code 3  all u must do is log into the pre order page , then upper right coner where the log in is, well under neath is another box make sure it says ENGLISH US Or  , EU where ever u are from

then enter the code it should work now.

gammer 4 life
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by dekkion1

there is  no code 3  all u must do is log into the pre order page , then upper right coner where the log in is, well under neath is another box make sure it says ENGLISH US Or  , EU where ever u are from

then enter the code it should work now.

should, but it dont

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Locked and loaded, I'm pretty much ready for this game. EXCITED as hale.
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Entered mine last night and all set and ready to go tomorrow morning!
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    I was able to enter mine.