Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game offers nothing.

CaloranCaloran Member UncommonPosts: 35

I'll admit to only playing lvls 1-15.

To me the entire expeirence was really boring and at times quite frusturating. The character creation is cool, but the game tanks rapidly from that point on. The opening cut scene riding the damn wagon was a test of my patience. My finger was sore within minutes from clicking through bubbles of text. A 2013 AAA mmo with a TON of cut scenes and no voice overs. Dont get me wrong I dont give 2 shits about cut scenes and story/lore but if your going to take the time and have us watch a cut scene for the love of god toss some bloody voices in there.

Got my first quest to kill some squirrels and ladybugs, while being pretty juvenile and unispring I was just happy to fire my damn bow at anything. Then to see the combats lightning fast 2.5s global cooldown. Was very thrilled when I hit my chacter tab and was able to see all the spells I was going to get for the rest of the game. Then I realized that there was no real talent points at all. When it comes down to it almost no character progression at all ... nothing to make me different then the other 9000 archers killinig ladybugs.

No pvp at all for me to attempt. Serious mistake not having that ready for a relaunch.

The game did have some pretty graphics and was VERY solid with almost no lag with a ton of players on.

Essentially though:

-painfull  uninspired questing/cut scenes

-ultra slow and uninspired combat

-pvp?!???

Dont see how this one can survive. Tera is probably equally pretty and polished with a MUCH cooler combat system. Tera made the same mistake of releasing without a proper battleground and I think it did the game some serious harm. VERY poor summer for mmo and pc game releases. People are just REALLY bored. Hell im bored. At the end of the day f2p rift is a much better choice for this type of mmo.

Comments

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    I have to agree with you might as well play Rift its free. If they could have only put some kind of challenge in the leveling game that would have been enough for me. That is how low I have brought me standards. :P I don't see anything on the way either. :(
  • dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    are you new to mmo? or you used to play fast pased mmo?? first of all all game have story why would you wanna skip story imean whats the point of playing if u dont want to know what is happening in the world and your own story ...the game have oldschool element  wish nowdays is not for everybody ,the game have alot  more toffer than you think if is not you cup of tea then move on but trolling is not a smart option ,right now is one of the best game iv play for years and worth playing and paying for ,im not a FF fan at all love it but not hardcore fan.

• jayvierljayvierl Member Posts: 31

I agree. No pvp? Wtf? Other than that, I love the game. 

But come on. NO PVP? Get real Square Enix. This is your second try at the game. Atleast incorporate the mmo aspects we all love and enjoy.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

First. This is beta and yes there is PvP.
    Second - Its beta and we only get level 20 content
    third - Its beta
    fourth - Its Beta
    Fifth - Its beta

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Caloran

At the end of the day f2p rift is a much better choice for this type of mmo.

Then go play Rift.

/Problem solved

• jayvierljayvierl Member Posts: 31
    You argument is weak. Yes its beta but it releases in less than a week. Lmao
  • dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by jayvierl

But come on. NO PVP? Get real Square Enix. This is your second try at the game. Atleast incorporate the mmo aspects we all love and enjoy.

the game will have pvp in 2.1  already say long time ago and everyone knows it,again it will have  but its strange from SE and A FF game to have it  ,dont get me wrong  i find it kk to have it but wasnt really nesesarry  its a FF game wish pvp dont have any impact at all  and it will be the first time an FF gen. have it .

• skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Yes, the combat is meh, but a lot better than it was. At some points it doesn't feel as responsive as Rift, WoW, SWTOR, etc. You can definitely feel the half second delay between the server and client.
  • badgerAlumbadgerAlum Member Posts: 27

You do know there's PvP, right?  Think it requires level 30 at this point, though, so no one is doing it except the legacy players.  After release, it is scheduled for the first patch.

Personally, I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.  There are so many ways to level, there's always something to do.  There is no cash shop or other microtransaction BS.  It's very polished.  It feels like Final Fantasy and has an oldschool MMO vibe.

• Pyros21Pyros21 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Just to say.. there IS PvP, There is in fact quite a lot of PvP centric plans.. If you don't know that it's because you just troll and flame without actually bothering to research the subject of your ire.. I suggest you LOOK before you talk crap.. Just my 2 bits.
  • Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167

/agree

I will also admit to not playing the beta TOO much, but I played enough to know that it isn't worth a monthly sub. If it was just the $30 box price I would have considered it. The graphics were outstanding and beautiful, but no voiceovers? That was major loss of points right from the beginning. The combat is "behind the times" as far as I am concerned. I will admit to not being a Final Fantasy fan to begin with, which may be one of the major reasons why I am passing on this, but I did not really like any of the races. I guess I am not a fan of oversees MMO artstyle. I didn't like TERA, either. I guess I am sticking with GW2 until Wildstar comes out. 

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Originally posted by dadante666
    ,the game have alot  more toffer than you think if is not you cup of tea then move on but trolling is not a smart option ,right now is one of the best game iv play for years and worth playing and paying for ,im not a FF fan at all love it but not hardcore fan.

Why is stating a negative opinion, trolling?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

OP. I always use TERA as an example of anything an mmo company should never do.

Yeah the combat was reticle based, but that doesnt make the game any better. Tera has zero variety of content, Lower graphic quality, and less polished than FF14. If you played both you can clearly notice that even still on beta FF was more polished than TERA and offers more content than TERA to this day.

FF14 its a traditional mmo. It does not innovate in any way, and its still missing important game features. But what it does, it does it very well. Also there is Coliseum PvP if i am not mistaken, but i dont do pvp so i didnt bother asking for it in game. And it offers a lot more varied content than Tera which limited players to 1 dungeon per level bracket, non stop BAM grind, and horrible Lineage 2-like quest grind, and the combat isnt very good either.

EDIT: to answer the title of the thread. FF14  offers nothing new. But it offers a lot of already known (and varied) things to do.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Coliseum will be available at launch.  Front lines (RvRvR kind of combat) will be made available in a later patch.  And, it's Final Fantasy everyone should guess that PvE is the focus since the series is mostly single player games.

• bubbabillbubbabill Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Allacore69

third - Its beta
    fourth - Its Beta
    Fifth - Its beta

cant wait for game to go full release so the 'beta card' cant be used anymore.  then what is everybody gonna blame it on then

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Final Fantasy has and always will place story as top priority, there are other games to play that you will enjoy much better if you can't be bothered to read. I for one think this to be the best MMO i have played in a long, long time; the combat is great with an emphasize on team work , the world is beautiful and immersive, the story is well told, and crafting is not an after thought. The only gripe I have with it is that non-dungeon content is pretty damn easy, but as long as the dungeons remain difficult i think I can excuse that. Of which I have no doubt we will get plenty of tough as shit dungeons if FF11 is any indication.
  • CaloranCaloran Member UncommonPosts: 35
    To all of those saying that yes there is pvp. Im aware. I said no pvp for me to attempt. For me pvp is a very important selling feature and I didnt get to see or try it ... or even hear reviews about it yet.
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Then I would say try it again after front lines come out.  Because until then I don't see PVP getting much love or focus in this game.
    Originally posted by bubbabill

third - Its beta
    fourth - Its Beta
    Fifth - Its beta

cant wait for game to go full release so the 'beta card' cant be used anymore.  then what is everybody gonna blame it on then

Who cares.

At the end of the day, those who like the game will play it, those who don't won't.

Really not that complicated.

• CaloranCaloran Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by NetSage
    Then I would say try it again after front lines come out.  Because until then I don't see PVP getting much love or focus in this game.

Yeah that may be a mind changer for someone like me. Ive just heard too many promises by mmo's about "upcoming features" that never actually pan out.

Originally posted by Caloran
    To all of those saying that yes there is pvp. Im aware. I said no pvp for me to attempt. For me pvp is a very important selling feature and I didnt get to see or try it ... or even hear reviews about it yet.

So that's what its all about?

Expecting PvP from a PvE centric game = Fail.

PvP game is that way ------>

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043

The same people who have been hiding behind the "It's still in beta!" card are the same ones who are defending the #3102 error.

I don't know how you can possibly NOT be concerned that roughly 15% of the player base from this weekend was completely barred from playing due to an incredibly intense server and data malfunction. Add in the fact that it took SE roughly 10 hours to even go "Hey, there's a problem... and we have no idea how to fix it!" via their twitter (after they shut down their forums for 8 hours, and closed tech support)

Yes, it's in beta. But that beta ends in a few hours. Official Early-Access Starts in 6 days, and over half the game wasn't even tested yet. I'd be pretty damned concerned, personally. That's a *LOT* of stuff that needs to be addressed, and there's a very small window to fix it. Also, any fix they do put out in the next week isn't going to be implemented during beta, but during the actual release.

So sit and think on that for a minute. You're entering release with an experimental fix that may/may not help 10-20% of the population play their characters (or not).

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by bubbabill

third - Its beta
    fourth - Its Beta
    Fifth - Its beta

This x100.

Get real people.  The game launches in less than 10 days. Early access is a week from now. This is not a beta, it's a glorified prelaunch / free preview.

<3

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by dadante666
    are you new to mmo? or you used to play fast pased mmo?? first of all all game have story why would you wanna skip story imean whats the point of playing if u dont want to know what is happening in the world and your own story ...the game have oldschool element  wish nowdays is not for everybody ,the game have alot  more toffer than you think if is not you cup of tea then move on but trolling is not a smart option ,right now is one of the best game iv play for years and worth playing and paying for ,im not a FF fan at all love it but not hardcore fan.

And that's why the standard isn't raising the bar.  People don't mind being clones anymore, they claim they want lore but in the end they are the same elf ranger as the next guy.  Then there's pvp Frontlines - and it's your elf ranger shooting another elf ranger.  So please don't discuss lore or that there's anything here you can't find in any other anime' grinder.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

In order to facilitate testing of PvP environments, the Wolves' Den has been made available during phase 4.
    *During phase 4, players can access the Wolves' Den through the Duty Finder after completing the main scenario quest "Lord of the Inferno."

You can travel to Wolves' Den Pier by speaking with the ferry skipper at the Moraby Docks (X:26, Y:35).

Source : http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/98689-Beta-Test-Phase-4-Patch-Notes-%2808-14-2013%29