Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The verdict (Poll)

Comments

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by AZHokie54

Originally posted by Allacore69  

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Originally posted by AZHokie54 If the game wasn't fail enough, found out today that the only way to level your second discipline is through mob grinding, Fates and guildleves (grinding). What a fucking horrible game design!
    This is the third time I've seen you write something completely false about the game. I'm convinced your just awful at video games.  
    OK then, how else do you level additional disciplines?
      HHmmm Duhhhhhhhhh... by going through the class and job story. Duh. Have you played the game?
    ONE quest at level 1, 5, 10, and 15. Have YOU played the game?

Please enlighten everyone what you do in between.

Hmm Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... when you do a class and job story they branch open into smaller stories that work up to the next class/job event(Main Story).

Again, have you not played the game or are you speculating?

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    If the game wasn't fail enough, found out today that the only way to level your second discipline is through mob grinding, Fates and guildleves (grinding). What a fucking horrible game design!

This is the third time I've seen you write something completely false about the game.

I'm convinced your just awful at video games.  

I assume you mean additional classes, not disciplines. The answers, besides FATEs and Guildleves are: quests in another city's starting zone (and some will be left over in your first starting zone), guildhests, trials, dungeons, hunting log. Did I forget anything?

I have done Lancer and Archer and I have yet to "grind" for anything. So this shows me you are just assuming that you "grind" for them.

Play the game and stop assuming. It makes an Ass out of u and me. Get it, Ass-u-me. Ba Da Bum Tsss

Originally posted by twrule
    Originally posted by AZHokie54 Originally posted by Chrisbox Originally posted by AZHokie54 If the game wasn't fail enough, found out today that the only way to level your second discipline is through mob grinding, Fates and guildleves (grinding). What a fucking horrible game design!
    This is the third time I've seen you write something completely false about the game. I'm convinced your just awful at video games.  
    I assume you mean additional classes, not disciplines. The answers, besides FATEs and Guildleves are: quests in another city's starting zone (and some will be left over in your first starting zone), guildhests, trials, dungeons, hunting log. Did I forget anything?

Thank you. +1 on this post.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    No. I just can't get myself to enjoy FFXIV 2.0. I actually enjoyed 1.0 more for some reason. It's just the overall feeling I get when playing FFXIV 2.0 is that of being constrained so much, whereas I didn't get that feeling from 1.0. I can't really explain it any better than that. Anyway, "No" I will not be playing ARR.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Originally posted by AZHokie54 If the game wasn't fail enough, found out today that the only way to level your second discipline is through mob grinding, Fates and guildleves (grinding). What a fucking horrible game design!

HHmmm Duhhhhhhhhh... by going through the class and job story. Duh. Have you played the game?

Side quests/class quest/guildhests/leves/fates/hunting logs/dungeons.  If that's not enough to level another class its a learn to play issue.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294

Side quests/class quest/guildhests/leves/fates/hunting logs/dungeons.  If that's not enough to level another class its a learn to play issue.  

Well, only level 12 on my first toon, so can't go to another city without running there,that leaves me what? Archer is still boring as fuck at lvl 12, figured conjurer maybe better, nope.

Yeah, the game sucks. Fingers crossed for Wildstar or TESO.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Will at least play the first month. Doubt it has any sort of longevity, but I'll give them a chance to prove me wrong.

Originally posted by Chrisbox Originally posted by AZHokie54 Originally posted by Allacore69   Originally posted by AZHokie54 Originally posted by Chrisbox Originally posted by AZHokie54 If the game wasn't fail enough, found out today that the only way to level your second discipline is through mob grinding, Fates and guildleves (grinding). What a fucking horrible game design!
    ONE quest at level 1, 5, 10, and 15. Have YOU played the game? Please enlighten everyone what you do in between.
    Well, only level 12 on my first toon, so can't go to another city without running there,that leaves me what? Archer is still boring as fuck at lvl 12, figured conjurer maybe better, nope.

Yeah, the game sucks. Fingers crossed for Wildstar or TESO.

You get to leave at 15. thats why everybody here says the game really starts at 15.

If somebody can not give a game at least the first 15 levels then MMORPG's are not for you.

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313

Don't know yet...

Releases always suck. Anyone who has played MMOs for a while knows this.  There will always be lots of glitches and login errors.

What concerns me more is that the game is so vanilla.  It has incorporated a lot of nice features from other mmos but is not at all innovative.  We will see if anyone (including me) has a desire to play after a couple of months......

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

It has two flaws that really stand out for me. One its another super easy leveling game. Two the crafting takes a back seat yet again to dropped / quest gear.  It your going to ask me to level in your world then you better have more challenge in your world then dungeon / end game only.

It looks like any kind of challenge in a outdoor leveling game is long gone. If its only going to be easy mode make your game a sandbox and take out leveling all together. 

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

It has two flaws that really stand out for me. One its another super easy leveling game. Two the crafting takes a back seat yet again to dropped / quest gear.  It your going to ask me to level in your world then you better have more challenge in your world then dungeon / end game only.

It looks like any kind of challenge in a outdoor leveling game is long gone. If its only going to be easy mode make your game a sandbox and take out leveling all together. 

Crafting takes a back seat to drops early on, but especially at endgame there will be crafting recipes intended to surpass anything dropped (I know this because the devs said so on the beta forums).

If there is little challenge to be found in the open world right now, it's because everyone is starting the game together and zerging the content. In phase 3, when there were fewer people, there were a lot of FATEs that I wouldn't dare approach without making sure that several others were going to join me (which was far from a guarantee). I imagine it'll be the same after some time passes beyond launch. Also, there are a number of endgame world-bosses announced that are found in FATEs, like Odin and Behemoth.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i will play it for sure. But im playing WoW right now so i will subscribe to FF14 after i kill garrosh. I wont pay 2 subs at the same time in a million years. But yes, i will play FF14. Its another traditional mmo that mixes WoW gameplay with a bit of GW2 dynamic content, and i like that. Plus the graphics are the best to date so that is a plus in my book.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by DMKano

No.
    Good game just not for me. if this were 2003 i'd be playing it.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Great graphics and engine. Same old combat that has very few solo tactics. Press ability wait for 2.5 sec gcd standing in front of the mob. Boring quests and zone load screens everywhere. As someone who doesn't care about the ff franchise there really isn't much to like.
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

I have to say that I'm hoping these poll results are an accurate reflection of the player base

at large.

The pop will be high enough to maintain a successful game, servers will stabilize & my chat

pane will not look like the restroom wall of the "gentleman's club" downtown or the average F2P

game.

Game is great fun, I'm all in. Looking forward to launch & some PvP.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Yes I will be and hopefully found a game to lay my hat.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by dinams

I want to see the results without affecting them

I will go cry in a corner

Third option implies that Im on the fence, while I have 0 interest in the game and I just want to see how people are doing

Currently:

Yes - 60.4%

No - 22.2%

Dont know yet... - 17.3%

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

The poll should be "will you still be playing FF 4 months after it goes live."  That to me is the big unknown.

Its a redo of a failed game.

It is subbed.

It is old school.

but it is set in FF

and it is beautiful.

I am curious as to what is going to happen to it.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

I will be playing for sure. Every time it goes live I don't have the desire to do anything else with my free time, especially think about other games. All I want to play is FFXIV. 

The more you play FFXIV the more you like it, that's rare in my opinion.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I'll play for about a month.

This game brings nothing new to the table. This is WoW/Rift/LotRO with a Final Fantasy skin. Does that system work? Sure. But anybody who isn't new to MMORPGs is going to be bored to tears very, very quickly.

<3

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Best MMO experience in years.

Definitely continuing

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

The poll should be "will you still be playing FF 4 months after it goes live."  That to me is the big unknown.

Its a redo of a failed game.

It is subbed.

It is old school.

but it is set in FF

and it is beautiful.

I am curious as to what is going to happen to it.

Not only that, While you can say it's just another "WoW Clone" there really aren't any other games like that anymore. They've all pretty much gone F2P. Except for WoW. But WoW isn't really the same game ut was either. 

FF14 is the game that is most like that old WoW feeling. Not experience, it's different enough, but when i play it, I kinda get that same, "I still wanna do this and I still wanna do that" feeling I used to have in old WoW.

Yes, I'm playing, and (was until 3102 error struck) having a blast in beta p4.

As for those who don't get the appeal of this game, here are the "new" things it brings:

1) A gestalt created by this particular cocktail of features, steamlined as they are for a modern audience.

2) The FF IP to said modern MMO.

3) A great community (thus far and with the promise of continuing) in a modern MMO, the likes of which I personally haven't seen since FFXI.

Trying to isolate individual mechanics to find 'the novelty' is the wrong way to approach this game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Loved FFXI but I'm afraid I am sitting this one out. Spent way too much money on generic go fetch/kill quests mmo type games.