Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How far did you get/are you?

BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

For those of us who have the 3102 infliction what did you accomplish? And for those lucky many still able to login and play, what have you been able to level up and achieve thus far?

Trying to see how people are handling the leveling in this game and what they're using their time on.

MRD 20, GLD 12, CONJ 10, ARCH 10, LNC 10, PUG 10

- You have no idea how fun killing squirrels is until you do it about 100 times.

I took leatherworker to level 30 in beta 2 and armorsmith to 30 in beta 3. I never had gil. This time I figured I'd hold off on that and level some "subs" for PLD at 30.

Comments

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

20 Gladiator, 20 Conjurer, 5 Marauder/Arcanist, 20 Miner.  Was planning on working on some crafting with armor and black smithing (damn you 3102).  I've got a ridiculous amount of copper, tin, zinc, obsidian and iron ore in my bags waiting to be crafted.  Like...10 99stacks of each ore lol.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Archer 20, Mining 20, Botany 10, Leatherworker was my next target but I woke up with 3102 this morning. Is this an end to my Beta or should I just keep trying to log in?
  • cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

20 Gladiator, 20 Conjurer, 20 Miner, 20 fishing

cba anymore, want to get my conjurer to 30 and do the white mage class quest as fast as possible

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

20 Thaumaturge 12 Conjurer 11 Pugilist 10 Goldsmith 10 Weaver

Also have Botany, Mining, Carpentry and Leatherworking at 5+

Can't play this afternoon, but tonight I hope to get Pug to 15 and then level my mining

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

Something like...

PGL 15, THM 8, CNJ 8, LNC 6, ARC(her) 6, GLD 3 plus BTN 12, WVR 4 (and assorted other crafting classes from level 1-3)

... before getting 3102ed.

Afterwards, I rolled on the Japanese servers and tried out Arcanist to level 9 and convinced myself that I will level my "main" to 50 as an Arcanist/Summoner ... if I ever see her again.  /much wailing and rending of garments

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    dang all I got is a level 12 conjurer.... I work on weekends :(
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Well, I decided on a name, race, and server finally.

Taking it slow.  Got 10 archer then ran to uldah to pick up weaving, got weaver to 10, went back and did some botany and carpentry.

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293

Wow, that error sucks! Really hope they have it taken care of by early access or I may have to cancel for the time being.

Anyway I leveled my Archer to about 17, still waiting to get into a Tam Tara group where the ahole tank and/or healer dont leave immediately. It was from zoning back from yet another group where the tank/healer leave that this 3102 thing happened. Really hope they put in a 30 minute Duty Finder CD for these morons. Other than that I got Conjurer to about 8 and Fishing, Botany, Alchemy to 10.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Lol how did everyone get so far in multiple jobs? I kept changing main classes (conjurer to pugilist, both went to level 15) and kept changing my gender until I settle with my mi'qote girl. I was going to stuck to pugilist and  give her lancer/ but got kicked out once I was ready to leave Thanaian.
  • NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

16 LNC, 7 BTN, 2 CRP :P

Btw, the official code for Archer is ARC, and for the Arcanist, ACN.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Got to ACN12 before I got 90k'ed and unable to complete anything instanced (including my L10 class quest to unlock additional jobs). Ground FATEs and uninstanced quests to L15 (talk about how fun killing squirrels.. err... sheep is until it's all you can do), and 3102'ed this morning. Wife wasn't able to make a character on my server all weekend, she gave up yesterday evening.

As smooth as P3 Beta went, P4 has been fairly ugly.

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by faiyo
    Lol how did everyone get so far in multiple jobs? I kept changing main classes (conjurer to pugilist, both went to level 15) and kept changing my gender until I settle with my mi'qote girl. I was going to stuck to pugilist and  give her lancer/ but got kicked out once I was ready to leave Thanaian.

Many people have been playing since phase 3 so they know exactly what character they want and even class. Not to mention the learning curve is gone so they level even faster.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

THM: 17
    CNJ: 12
    ACN: 7

WVR: 17
    GSM: 16
    BTN: 17
    MIN: 16

Calling it there I think until early access.

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174

20 PUG

15 LNC

12 FSH

8 ACN

Then got 3102 error and haven't been able to log in since.

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

20 pugilist

20 archer

20 mauraider

15 lancer

10 conj.

Im going to be playing monk, and figured I'd get lancer out of the way, and level the 2 contributing skill classes before headstart, where I'll focus more on the pug (and the mauraider cause its the most fun class out of all of them imo)

I also did some tradeskills, 13 goldsmith, 12 leatherworker, 11 mining and started botanis.

realised that doing tradeskills early, isnt my thing, so ill focus on the gathering ones and leave the proper crafting till much later.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

20 Marauder

10 Gladiator

8 Pugilist

10 Mining

10 Smithing

What scares me most is if we get this "behavior" from SQ also for Headstart/Release. I mean with No Support (Server Restarts etc) and NO Communicationskills. That realy scares the shit out of me. image

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Leveled Arcanist to 20 first.

Ran to 45~50ish zone to get armor for my Gladiator.

Leveled Archer to 20.

Leveled Thaumaturge to 15.

Leveled Fishing to 20.

Leveled Miner to 7.

Currently leveling Culinarian (@11 shooting for 20)

Wish I had more time would like to level Marauder to 20 and another two Trades (Botanist and Carpenter maybe)

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

hmmm lvl 7 Archer. Havn't really had much time to play, also am fairly new to Final Fantasy. Still plenty too explore, both lands aswell character progression.. during this beta just gone with the flow, meaning getting every mission I see and completing them.

Not going deep into it's lore because of the "maybe" feeling of getting the released version.

Whished I could have gotten a taste of crafting/harvesting.

But this beta did make me curious for more of the game itself. The game feels somewhat old-school but on the other hand due to it's great Visuals I feel it's is severaly lacking voice-overs, not so much for every quest, but for main story quest lines it would make the game allot more immersive.....to me.....

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

Got Lv 20 Lancer, Lv20 MRD , Lv18 PUG and Lv5 Alchemy. I can still play but i have to work and so I think I got my character ready for early release. 

Oh yea , all of this is about 1 day play time :D

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

I got 3102 early Saturday night so I didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked (Edit: made some progress over the extension they gave us, new numbers to the right of old ones):

CNJ 17

ACN 14 (18)

THM 6 (15)

ARC 4...

All other classes are between 1 and 5 since I unlocked them all and did the first class quest for each (including crafting and gathering classes).

Admittedly, I spent a pretty good portion of my time socializing rather than power-gaming lol. My overall strategy was to lay the foundation in beta so that I had all the abilities and such squared for group-leveling on my CNJ (and ARC) in EA.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

1st character got to 16 gla then got the 90000 error.

So rather then wait for a fix I made a new character and got 17 gla 15 fishing and 7 mrd. Servers were kinda packed so I wasn't really playing like I normally would. On the 24th is when I will let loose with early access and get some stuff done.

• Stark3Stark3 Member Posts: 20

LNC 20

PGL 16

ARC 10

ACN 10

CNJ 9

THM 8

LTW 16

WVR 14

GSM 10

CRP 10

BSM 8

CUL 8

BTN 6

I "wasted" some of my XP as I had already hit the level cap on my lancer, but continued to do quests as I wanted to unlock grand company access. Would probably be 21 otherwise

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Well, looking at the other posts in this thread it would seem that I must have been AFK for 90% of the beta weekend, lol

However, I played from Friday afternoon until Sunday late. Loved every moment. Got my first ever FF character (MRD) to L16 !

All three DoL classes to around 10 and all crafting classes to at least L5.

I never rush through MMO's, and my progress in FFXIV is particularly glacial because there is a great deal to discover, absorb and put into practice.

I won't be getting any "server firsts" in this game, but I'm going to get quite a few months worth of very enjoyable gaming... imageimage

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by Blazeyer

For those of us who have the 3102 infliction what did you accomplish? And for those lucky many still able to login and play, what have you been able to level up and achieve thus far?

Trying to see how people are handling the leveling in this game and what they're using their time on.

MRD 20, GLD 12, CONJ 10, ARCH 10, LNC 10, PUG 10

- You have no idea how fun killing squirrels is until you do it about 100 times.

I took leatherworker to level 30 in beta 2 and armorsmith to 30 in beta 3. I never had gil. This time I figured I'd hold off on that and level some "subs" for PLD at 30.

20 Arc/Thaum/Conj/Weaver/Botan/Miner

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Killed Ifrit to beat the beta and levelled up my conjurer to open up scholar for my arcanist later on.