Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVE VS PVP

Comments

• technineztechninez Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Giddian
    Originally posted by techninez
    who told you you this was a pve game? everone knows pvp makes more money than pve i find it hard think a game will just go full pve or people wont play it and i do not think you pve players can pay the wages

PvP makes More Money than PvP???????

PvE makes more money. That's why the Market is flooded with it. Like it or Hate it, Look at WoW. the Biggest MMO to date. PvP is a niche crowd. A big Niche, but still a Niche Crowd.  They have games that are successful, But not the Top Money makers.

your point is not valid just an observation

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Allein
    on my defence there has been 0 talk about pvp and 9 talk about what happens if you die but fuck you if ther 7 million wow plateyts wanting too know.  and if you thought we wasnt watching we was.................

I missed the 9 talk about dying. I did catch the 5 talk about tree falling. Are you a Blizzard employee? Will you bring back the info you gather to all WoW players? Would be good advertising.

i find your thesis  bland and not enjoyale... and my idea of pvp death sould mean more than hideing in stormwind

I just had a thought about the original poster, Techninez (That's Tech Nine, as in the machine gun and Rap artist of similar name?)...the way he or she types (assuming he)...what if...

Bear with me...what if techninez is an orc?  Think about it!  And I quote, "...if you die but f*** you if ther 7 miion wow plateyts wanting too know.  and if you thought we wasnt watching we was........."  definite orc ending.

My god, we have trolls on this forum (I've been guilty in my defense of real pvp...) and now we have ORCS!!!!

RP? who cares if the game is not out 

Anyway, my orcish friend (since I'm sure in EQNext Orc types will be able to group with paladins...lol)....okay fine, Ogres and Humans, rather...but same difference....

Anyway!  I digressed...Techninez you dropped F-Bombs, by default this will get locked down and you might even get a 1+ day ban.  So, friend, if you have something to say that truly does make sense, please feel free to do so before it's too late /salute

Originally posted by Allein
    on my defence there has been 0 talk about pvp and 9 talk about what happens if you die but fuck you if ther 7 million wow plateyts wanting too know.  and if you thought we wasnt watching we was.................

I missed the 9 talk about dying. I did catch the 5 talk about tree falling. Are you a Blizzard employee? Will you bring back the info you gather to all WoW players? Would be good advertising.

i find your thesis  bland and not enjoyale... and my idea of pvp death sould mean more than hideing in stormwind

I just had a thought about the original poster, Techninez (That's Tech Nine, as in the machine gun and Rap artist of similar name?)...the way he or she types (assuming he)...what if...

Bear with me...what if techninez is an orc?  Think about it!  And I quote, "...if you die but f*** you if ther 7 miion wow plateyts wanting too know.  and if you thought we wasnt watching we was........."  definite orc ending.

My god, we have trolls on this forum (I've been guilty in my defense of real pvp...) and now we have ORCS!!!!

RP? who cares if the game is not out 

Anyway, my orcish friend (since I'm sure in EQNext Orc types will be able to group with paladins...lol)....okay fine, Ogres and Humans, rather...but same difference....

Anyway!  I digressed...Techninez you dropped F-Bombs, by default this will get locked down and you might even get a 1+ day ban.  So, friend, if you have something to say that truly does make sense, please feel free to do so before it's too late /salute

come near my ork camp paladin scum you feel the full fist of fury

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418
    who told you you this was a pve game? everone knows pvp makes more money than pve i find it hard think a game will just go full pve or people wont play it and i do not think you pve players can pay the wages

PvE makes more money. That's why the Market is flooded with it. Like it or Hate it, Look at WoW. the Biggest MMO to date. PvP is a niche crowd. A big Niche, but still a Niche Crowd.  They have games that are successful, But not the Top Money makers.

Not Valid?

Name one MMO that has made MORE than Wow.

You can't. That's why it is where it is.

Not Valid?

counter-strike because in real day mmo gear is not special

Originally posted by Vutar

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

12 years old and still got servers booming why? pvp... rather eqn take pvp on ship or titan wll and tbh i cba c  blizzard takeing all the money again.

Not Valid?

LOL that's not an MMO. you may as well say COD, or Halo.

Not Valid?

i think bllizzard is out of order and if people voted with there feet instead of there standing order we see a new mmo sooner iv stoped playing... to let the it progress

• kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237

This could be thread of the month right here.

Perhaps the OP is making a commentary on his thoughts on how different languages could be used in Eqnext, and how they would affect gameplay. For example if a Human doesn't understand Orc or Elvish and wanders into a camp, they might thing that friendly greeting really means it's time for PvP.

I think the OP was subtle yet brilliant in his delivery...Bravo sir...Bravo! Or should i say br4v0?

Not Valid?

learn addiction in my eyw blzzard should of put playing hours on gaming time but they did not they fkn raped us for all we could of give.,, if  keep backing wALMART

ALL YOU GNA GET IS MALLMART

Don't Understand half of that.

WoW, for what it is. is a Polished game made for the Masses. People can hate on it all they want but it is #1. I am NOT a WoW fan but I have eyes and see what people want. they take bits of games, put them together and polish it up. Most games try this and fail.

at this point it's tough to take what you have to say when you try to compare an FPS to a MMO. it seem you don't know the Difference. I said in earlier posts that I believe that the game should add PvP servers. Even though I don't like PvP, it has a big crowd and deserves Recognition.

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

12 years old and still got servers booming why? pvp... rather eqn take pvp on ship or titan wll and tbh i cba c  blizzard takeing all the money again.

It isn't the same genre.

There will be PvP in EQnext it is confirmed but I would not count on it being open world pvp except on PvP servers. There is no way they are going to let 10 year olds grief everyone who has no interest in PvP.  As others have said, Everquest has always been primarily a PvE game.

As for titan, that game was pushed back with no plans for release and its devs were moved off the project. I wouldn't count on that game anytime soon, if ever.

without pvp it will die so id choose your words wisely

• jesusjuice69jesusjuice69 Member Posts: 276

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

People still play CS, but that doesn't mean the servers are 'booming'.

They are still people who play EQ1, and lots of other really outdated MMOs.

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

It isn't the same genre.

There will be PvP in EQnext it is confirmed but I would not count on it being open world pvp except on PvP servers. There is no way they are going to let 10 year olds grief everyone who has no interest in PvP.  As others have said, Everquest has always been primarily a PvE game.

As for titan, that game was pushed back with no plans for release and its devs were moved off the project. I wouldn't count on that game anytime soon, if ever.

without pvp it will die so id choose your words wisely

THAT, is opinionated. Once again you think you speak for the Majority, But if it were fact, you would see a TON more PvP MMO's and Less PvE. But you don't.

Originally posted by jesusjuice69

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

are you taking into consideration of anyrthing? like maybe 90% LoL players love cs and come from that back ground or are you justa dooch who want a houseboat?

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

are you taking into consideration of anyrthing? like maybe 90% LoL players love cs and come from that back ground or are you justa dooch who want a houseboat?

I think he just called you a Douche.

LOL.

Techninez is obviously a big PvP fan. Good for Him. Everyone want's to see their type of Game move forward. You have your CS fans and CoD Fans but the Bottom line is they are NOT MMO's and don't belong in a Comparison to one,

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

Yah I want a houseboat.  You giving them away?  I will take 2!

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

you have made a serious mistake do no follow any leage but im in love withbat so istay make shure he ok .. if ill do that for a movie image what ill do for a friends.

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

you have made a serious mistake do no follow any leage but im in love withbat so istay make shure he ok .. if ill do that for a movie image what ill do for a friends.

So when will you be delivering my houseboat?

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Not Valid?

That is an FPS game...

I almost understood, then I lost it. I gotta find the translate button.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Its true that people love to play LoL, CS, CoD, etc. It's because the whole point of playing is PvP. It's not exploration, crafting, running dungeons, etc. that are highly popular in MMOs. Yes, there are people who also like to PvP along with the activities mentioned above but that group is much smaller.

You cannot apply the popularity of PvP games with MMOs.
    i do not have  good english but from what a can gather your rpers would rather spend your time talking about my bad english than the the point i expressed so im from now on not takeing any of your rps serious
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    My reply had nothing to do with your language and I think answered your question. Also, it's not just RPers that don't prefer PvP. In fact there are RPPvP servers in some games.
  • Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280

My guess is that it will be set up like SWG which had the best system in my opinion for keeping pvp'ers and pve'ers on the same server or set up like EVE with different areas for pvp and pve. 

The best sandboxes that I played in benefits from having both kinds of players in it. Order and Chaos are needed for a good player driven economy and it makes the sandbox dynamic and ever changing. The devs said crafting will be the backbone of the game we'll see what they do with it. I think item loss will come from a system of degradation that will keep crafting players busy, maybe some item loss when deaths happen, don't think full loot pvp is happening unless there are different servers.

now is not the time for fear that comes later...............  we can come to the full anser of pve and pvp do not work in the same team we want diffrent things and through roots we want very diffrent things so why can we not have  pvp server pve server?
  • Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    now is not the time for fear that comes later...............  we can come to the full anser of pve and pvp do not work in the same team we want diffrent things and through roots we want very diffrent things so why can we not have  pvp server pve server?

Starwars Galaxies is the best example of not needing different servers for pve and pvp and the sandbox works better with both kinds of players on the same server in my opinion. Back when I played SWG I was pve only player and still remember my first day just logging in and walking into the middle of a gunfight between warring guilds, it felt like starwars too me.

This discussion has been closed.