Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the open beta changed your mind about getting FFXIV: ARR?

1235»

Comments

• WhiskeydustWhiskeydust Member UncommonPosts: 79

So it is now true that in an mmo all you have to do is get to level 9 "or so"

to come on here and trash it thinking your very misinformed hate spewing 

garbage will somehow keep others as clueless and  gameless as your ass...?

great. Just great

• MistborneMistborne Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by Tinybina
    Originally posted by Mistborne
    The game is $30. The early levels are designed for players new to the genre. If you don't have the fortitude to stick with it past the introductory levels then I'd say it's your loss. You won't be missed in Eorzea.

Yes he will and others like him because people will not play this bore fest.  It will be like version 1 all over again.  Lost in the mix of MMO's that people actually decided to play...

Like someone said if I wanted to play at being a Mail man I would have applied at the Post Office.  But I came to have fun, and this borefest does not do that.

Coming from the person who couldn't figure out the different between "unique" and "standing" pose when creating a new character, I'm just not sure this game is for you. Or those who would share your shallow opinion.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I don't know why people don't get the fact that the first 15 levels or so are slow.  People have been saying this since the closed betas.

It's even been written in articles.  I know it's only been posted for a few hours now but http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/17/the-mog-log-returning-to-your-final-fantasy-xiv-friends/.

• mechtech256mechtech256 Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by IlludoI
    guess people just play this because it's Final Fantasy, if it would be called Destiny Online or whatever random name, it wouldn't interest anyone.

Absolutely correct.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

I am using my first free month and then i am out . FFXIV is very generic and in my opinion not worth the sub money when you have much better MMOS for free or B2P.

I bought CE for original version so i didn't have to buy the game again.

Your opinion is rightfully accepted but you can't use the term FREE,there is no such thing,it is a very misleading pay scale.Also using the term MUCH better?

ALL these games are generic but NONE are as good looking as FFXIV,so you might find an equal game but MUCH better,not unless i have yet to see this game.

FFXIV takes generic but adds a little more and don't forget,this game is still imo rushed,by a full year,it will have a lot more above the norm content within a year.No other game does that,other games give you more maps and yes ,more of that generic game play.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Until you new people in ob have reached level 20 , played the starter dungeons , fought ifrit , done guildheists and judge the game on 10 levels of starter quests designed for brand new MMO players think this is the entire game you have no ground to stand on. Until you acquired your airship pass to travel to the other nations you have no grounds to stand on. Until you travel to the out lands to the steps of ishgard you have no ground to stand on . Yoshi made the starting quests easy for new people . Not vets. You don't understand something then you should have read the quest then skipping the text . I have had 9 voiced CS so far and I'm lvl 13. This game is great and it is a beautiful work of art. Haters here have an agenda , most won't play because its P2P . Others won't because there bias to another game or company. And its there faults for trying to alter you minds in a great product and a great game . I have my CE 1.0 and ARR and I am extremely happy with it.

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142
    Games a lot of fun and all, I do enjoy it, but theres not enough to draw me into buying and subbing to play it. Theres to many other games out there that are b2p or f2p that are just as fun if not more so for me so I'll just stick to those : Games a lot of fun I just don't see the sub value for it in todays mmo market.
  • Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    This game is exactly what everyone knew it was going to be. A nice, quality, theme park mmo. I am enjoying it a ton :)

Killing dragons is my shit

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    It's a good game but nothing mind blowing. I like the focus on the story but environments are a bit boring and also dislike how everyone seems to dress the same way so far. But it's early days and hopefully there is some divergence later. Main problem is that it feels like a game world rather than a virtual one. But it does feel like a final fantasy game and thats a big plus.
  • Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by kyssari
    Games a lot of fun and all, I do enjoy it, but theres not enough to draw me into buying and subbing to play it. Theres to many other games out there that are b2p or f2p that are just as fun if not more so for me so I'll just stick to those : Games a lot of fun I just don't see the sub value for it in todays mmo market.

If only these b2p or f2p games actually had quality content and lore...

Killing dragons is my shit

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    Originally posted by Snowdon_Cloudripper
    Until you new people in ob have reached level 20 , played the starter dungeons , fought ifrit , done guildheists and judge the game on 10 levels of starter quests designed for brand new MMO players think this is the entire game you have no ground to stand on. Until you acquired your airship pass to travel to the other nations you have no grounds to stand on. Until you travel to the out lands to the steps of ishgard you have no ground to stand on . Yoshi made the starting quests easy for new people . Not vets. You don't understand something then you should have read the quest then skipping the text . I have had 9 voiced CS so far and I'm lvl 13. This game is great and it is a beautiful work of art. Haters here have an agenda , most won't play because its P2P . Others won't because there bias to another game or company. And its there faults for trying to alter you minds in a great product and a great game . I have my CE 1.0 and ARR and I am extremely happy with it.

welcome to MMORPG.com, the most jaded group of users I have ever seen in any one place. This  cycle of hate never ends. I feel like I'm in an elementary school playground with kids who steal their lunch money and put kick me signs on my back. Best advice, enjoy the game and avoid this place like the plague.

There is nothing unique about MMORPG users - this is a how general mmorpg players are anywhere.

Sure is. The ones that fanboy game say all others are wrong and their opinion is just to spew evil and does not matter.

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by AZHokie54
    The game is $30. The early levels are designed for players new to the genre. If you don't have the fortitude to stick with it past the introductory levels then I'd say it's your loss. You won't be missed in Eorzea.

This game will be F2P within a year.

You're wrong.

Famous last words, dude. Many people said the same thing about SWTOR, and that game wasn't anywhere near as bad as this one is.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Fly666monkey
    Originally posted by AZHokie54

This game will be F2P within a year.

You're wrong.

Famous last words, dude. Many people said the same thing about SWTOR, and that game wasn't anywhere near as bad as this one is.

Says you, I say it's way better.

Oh god yes. XIV 2.0 is showing a far better execution than swtor. But then again, they had all of 1.0 to learn from their mistakes. 

But yes, I'll sure as hell be going along for the ride. Let's hope it lasts for a while. 

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

So much misinformation and ignorance in this thread.

I will be subbing for the long haul.  I love the game.   

The beginning levels are tutorials.  Why?  Because this is a Final Fantasy first and an MMO second.  YoshiP is catering to the FF players who never tried MMOS.... easing them into the genre while he creates the hard content for the veterans.

The dungeons are brilliantly designed and fun.  End game will have normal and hard modes.  

Screw it.... deciding whether you like a game based on the first 5 levels?

Please explain to me the first 5 levels of WoW and how it's pretty much the same as end game raiding right? Right?  

Here's the flipside... the first 5 levels of Guild Wars... exciting and action combat right?  Then you realize a month later, that lvl 80 content is IDENTICAL to lvl 5.  Combo finishers, combo fields blah blah.  You get 90% of your weapon skill abilities withint the first 5 levels.  then have all 10 of your slots by 30... sure is exciting knowing there's no progression slope. (sarcasm).

This game starts mind numbling easy, because slightly harder and escalates into VERY HARD by end game.  How do I know, ?  I played 1.0.  It took us 2-3 weeks to beat Ifrit, Garuda, Moogle......

I admit, this game isn't for everyone and I appreciate those who can leave without calling the game any names.  This game OOOOZES AAA quality... the music, the little details, the optimized engine, the npc dialogue, etc etc.  If you can't notice that, your loss.

• jordiincraasjordiincraas Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by Syno23
    Personally I think that it has confirmed that I am going to buy FFXIV: ARR and play it a whole lot. The game is awesome. But I understand what most of you guys have your opinions? Are you going to keep your preorder and buy the game at launch or has the open beta changed your mind?

I wouldnt know..Ive spent 3 hours just trying to log into the server of my guilds choice...add that to the 2-3 hours it took me to DL and patch the game.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

if the game didn't have a sub. I would have played it just till

wildstar releases and wild star also with their stuped sub. I will just

be playing till ESO releases and if ESO has a sub. I will be playing just for 6 months

then hopefully EQN will be out and if not shroud of the avatar is not going to ask a sub.

it has been proven that mmo games do not need a sub. to make money.

it took final fantacy 10 years to realise that time based combat is stuped

now it is probebley going to take them 10 years to realise that subscription fees are dumb.

and lastly FFXIV is a average game with good graffix that's all.

p.s I will try out final fantacy 15 it looks good.