Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting tid-bit on the devblog, will it get implemented on time?

cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

"We want to look at opening the map a bit but in less of a traditional, discover quest hub, do missions, and move on kind of way.  After looking at the player response to features such as Citadel and Farms, we want to focus more on the players impact on the world and let everyone drive the action more.  We have a rather ambitious plan for both PvE and PVP and once we get the AP weapons on live we can start revealing more details about it."

This sparked my attention, finally some more sand for the sandbox.  However, with the repopulation and dozens of other sandboxes on the way, is it too little too late?

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I always had high hopes for this game.  It's still pretty cool, one of deeper games on the market, but it always felt like a game that should have been a sandbox, sort of Star Wars Galaxies style.  I knew this immediately after launch, and here we are years later, and they are just now cluing in....

Yeah, it's probably too little, too late.  However, we won't be seeing Repop until probably at least Summer next year.  I backed Repop at the beginning, and it should have been in closed beta before now.  It's still in closed Alpha, and we are heading into Fall.

As for other games, who knows.  EQ: Landmark sounds fun to me, if they add some PvE and PvP, it could be an amazing sandbox.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    its nice they want to revitalize this game. It has potential. But that potential will not be released unless they fix the clunky gameplay. They need to polish the existing game before adding more stuff.