Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamescom 2013 - Q&A

XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Hello everyone!

I'll have the opportunity to check the game at Gamescom. I'm not sure, but maybe I'll be able to ask a few questions as well - so, my question is, what do you want to know about Wildstar?

Cheers

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

Comments

• jesusjuice69jesusjuice69 Member Posts: 276

Does acquiring a full set of PvP gear require multiple ELO ratings or can you stick to only BGs if you prefer those?

Is your intent still to make solo dungeon gear better than raid gear in solo dungeons? 

If so, how are you going to prevent solo dungeon gear from becoming welfare epics? 

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by XAleX360

Hello everyone!

I'll have the opportunity to check the game at Gamescom. I'm not sure, but maybe I'll be able to ask a few questions as well - so, my question is, what do you want to know about Wildstar?

Cheers

Awesome !

I have two questions:

1.  In almost all PVP games one side usual has a population advantage, in some games sometimes a huge population advantage. This causes major problems as I'm sure you could understand.  Does Wildstar have a system in place or a idea that they will implement in a attempt to fix server population imbalance if they become a issue?

2.  Has the wildstar team ever played with the idea of having a perma death server?  Just one, to test out if it would be popular or not?

If you could ask them these two I would be forever in your debt! lol

Edit:  One more question if you please lol.  

Can you ask them do they have a system in place to deal with cheaters?

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143

What do they think of group finders?

• jesusjuice69jesusjuice69 Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Tinybina

Hello everyone!

Cheers

Awesome !

I have two questions:

1.  In almost all PVP games one side usual has a population advantage, in some games sometimes a huge population advantage. This causes major problems as I'm sure you could understand.  Does Wildstar have a system in place or a idea that they will implement in a attempt to fix server population imbalance if they become a issue?

2.  Has the wildstar team ever played with the idea of having a perma death server?  Just one, to test out if it would be popular or not?

1.  Population advantage only matters in open world pvp, which is the least focused thing on the game.  Even then it is marginal.

2. No, that is an absolutely ridiculously bad idea.  Maybe the worst idea of the year.

3. What developer is going to say no to that question? 

Originally posted by jesusjuice69
    Originally posted by Tinybina

Hello everyone!

Cheers

Awesome !

I have two questions:

1.  Population advantage only matters in open world pvp, which is the least focused thing on the game.  Even then it is marginal.

2. No, that is an absolutely ridiculously bad idea.  Maybe the worst idea of the year.

3. What developer is going to say no to that question? 

Who are you, better yet don't answer just go away.  Thanks!

You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• adidassnofkleadidassnofkle Member Posts: 31
    Probably a smart person, because those answers are dead on. Also this thread is outdated, so why are you bumping it to the top?
    Originally posted by adidassnofkle

Probably a smart person, because those answers are dead on. Also this thread is outdated, so why are you bumping it to the top?

Ohh the irony.

Thread is outdated aye? Lets see it's titled "Gamescom 2013" and posted 8-13-2013.... But it's "outdated" lol, you're special.

Edit: Just seen you join date. Hi jesusjuice69!
    rofl.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Hello everyone!

Cheers

Will there be alternative leveling zones for each faction? Meaning, when I reroll my alt of the same faction, can I level through zones which I haven't visited before (like in WoW) or do I have to go through the same zones all over again (like in SWTOR)?

Thanks!