Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope they offer an old-fashioned subscription server

raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

The FAQs say they will be using some sort of premium + FTP + cash shop business model but that it’s still under consideration.

I hope they offer just one server that is pure old-fashioned subscription based.  Just one server where even cosmetic and the always controversial “convenience items” are all earned in-game with no microtransactions of any kind.  Just one…please.

Comments

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341

they want to do it like Guildwars 2

1 free to play option (orkboys), all other races and classes through 1 time payment, lots of microtransactions for cosmetic stuff

and yes they want to aim to 1 server for everyone so that we will have an epic massbattle

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139

it's more like b2p+estetics OR f2p+unlock.

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

They won't. It's just not in their best interests to divide their player base up along those lines.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by raykor

The FAQs say they will be using some sort of premium + FTP + cash shop business model but that it’s still under consideration.

I hope they offer just one server that is pure old-fashioned subscription based.  Just one server where even cosmetic and the always controversial “convenience items” are all earned in-game with no microtransactions of any kind.  Just one…please.

Hope you get what you want but bro I would not hold my breath 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• DagdaDagda Member UncommonPosts: 27
    From the interviews I have seen and read it appears that Miguel HATES subscripion based games, so I would be very surprised to see one pop up. But, stranger things have happened in the middle of game development...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

They should offer an old fashioned hourly fee server, this way the people who have more time to play offset their advantage by having to pay more.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

They should offer an old fashioned hourly fee server, this way the people who have more time to play offset their advantage by having to pay more.

+1

About time those with no lives have to pay a penalty.  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DagdaDagda Member UncommonPosts: 27

OMG! ROTFL! Do they still have any of those? Starting having flashbacks of the old GEnie games. 

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Kyleran

+1

About time those with no lives have to pay a penalty.  image

Advocating pay to win? my my.

• mintycmintyc Member Posts: 38

the main problem i can see with haveing an aditonal subscription server along side the b2p/f2p server is that of population. not many players are going to pay a monthy sub to play a game when they can just buy the box and get the same game with just a few MT's for the bits and bobs they want.

the simple fact is that in games like this, population levels matter and a subscription only server would have a much lower population. take it from someone who has played a lot of PS1 and PS2 playing in a organized squad in a high pop/maxed out population battle has provided me with some of the best gameing experiances of my life.