Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possoble new screenshot for HZ

HedenHeden Member Posts: 131

There is some debate on if these are real...but I tend to think they are.  Just that they are taken at low graphics settings

http://www.tothegame.com/screenshot.asp?screens=10833

Enjoy

Heden

Heden

Comments

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Ya, but most of those are just copied and pasted off Horizon's website anyways image

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

Not to me!

• nalanala Member Posts: 173

I beleive that they are new and that it is just the way they are hosted on the site that makes the graphic quality look slower than norm....reagardless, i think that they are interesting pictures and I am excited to figure out what the train tracks or rails have (if anything) to do with the game...

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    they look like the graphics from EQ

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Yes there are real since i seen 1 shot there from pczone and most of the rest from reliable websites.

Graphics is not bad for  a game thats in make since 1999.Although its engine has been redone less then 18 months ago.

Though expect  rumours of it requiring a geforce3ti to run to be true though.

My brother has just got a geforceti4600 to replace his old EQ card the geforce2ti  for this game when it comes out (posting because i am jealous , it runs faster then my ti4200 agpx8,damn thing overclocked runs faster then a radeon 9700pro  by a mile and he got it very cheap from a liquidating company /scrowl.).

Personally i would go with radeon next time because ndvidia are getting cocky.

Ok their success story last year was the geforceti4200 ,Now reason it was good was it had the same basic design and components like the ti4400 and the top line ti4600.But it used a thinner lining so basically was giving nearly all features but the core speed and fill rate.

So people would buy this card for 100 dollars less then the ti4400 and then clock it up as it has same design it ran at speed of ti4400 after a bit of tampering .

So when the geforce fx5600 came out(which was the card i was targetting  myself after such fun with the ti4200) i assumed it would be same design with the fx5800 but again thinner wiring  but with tampering could get to fx5800.

It has a similar design but not build exactly as  one (big difference but the offical website gives that impression).

Not so ,apparently it is not same core design this time and they are trying to capatlize that people would remember the sweet deal with the ti4200.

We already all know the fx5200 is just a direct x 9  geforce mx and apparently the fx5600 is a direct x 9 ti4200 rather then a fx5800 which is not on steriods.

It is a great card though  but i expected them to make it more on design of the fx5800.

Radeon cards tend to be more expensive but seems to have less marketing schemes around them so basically are more transparent.

I am waiting for the radeon 9700 pro to go down a bit now that the big time gamers are going for the fx5900 and radeon pro 9800.

The geforceti4600 has already gone down in price and since its about level give and take a bit of the radeon 9700pro i would think the radeon 9700 pro would follow soon.

Still remember about 6 months ago the geforce4600ti and radeon 9700pro cost  a small fortune but this were the best cards around.

Seems its the fx5900 and radeon 9800pro time.

Bottom line best  wait for a new generation card to come out and grab the best line of the last generation since it usually is still superior to all but the top line of the new generation and cost half the price.

Atm the geforce 4600ti and the radeon 9700pro still defeats all but the radeon 9800 and geforce 5800/5900 in benchmark test.

So basically are better value for money.

Long post but heck lets talk about what makes our games run once in a while rather then the games  LOL.

• Id disagree, more companys are building their games off of Nvidia's products.  Thus if u want the least problems from your video card nvidia might be the way to go even though Radeon might be a lil more powerful

• HedenHeden Member Posts: 131

hey I would be lucky if my wife let me buy a GeForce2gts :)

I have been trying to convnce her for months that we need a new system... :(

Heden

Heden

Yes problem with radeon has been their slow ability to respond to new drivers.

Drivers essentially are the software behind the video card and since most companies use nvidia to program  ATI needs to be even faster then nvidia to make new drivers.

In the past they have been very slow at this but it has changed a lot since their success with the radeon 9700 pro.

Also ATI have very few clones .Also a problem because clones essentially widen the market .Nvidia has lots of clones like the popular creative and such which are same cards.

Price wise again radeon is too expensive,I would not even dream of buying the radeon 9700 pro even now but would would consider the ti4600.

As for the FX5600 don't get me wrong its a great card really only beatable by geforce ti4600 and the fx5900/5800 in the geforce ti series and radeon 9700s and 9800 on the other line.

Still yet to understand the function of them boosting the RAM on this cards to 256 since a 64mb ti42000 seems to outperform the 128 ti4200(not the agp x8 one ).

RAM on a card is basically memory used in a flash shot .IE  quick shot of few secs  unlike the normal computer RAM that accumulates for some minutes.

So basically since most people do not even have a connection faster then 1mb/sec I can't imagine them making any game soon that will chew more then 64   in a video card.

Anyhow as a quick guide to any new buyer  yes if you want good performance and realiable go with geforce for sure .

Using the radeon can be a big headache at times even with their new efforts to update drivers.

Even now the current king of top end cards is held by the geforce fx5900 if you have such stupid money to throw away.

Now what to look for in a geforce card- at least 64 ram(this guarrantees no slow down from that end for a while),memory bandwitdh of 10gb/sec,things that makes the card acctually in practise faster is the fill rate,ops per sec,verticle per sec tis ones are important as is the core speed.

Anyhow will post in about 3 months how the radeon 9700pro is doing once i get my hands on it hehe.

• babywaxbabywax Member Posts: 16

Best card for the money BY FAR RIGHT NOW:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=302333&pfp=SEARCH&tabtype=rb

It can perform almost as well as a GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256 MB, and it only has 128 MB. And it is $300, after rebate. As opposed to the $500 of an FX 5900. I've been doing some research and this is by far the best card for the money, and it is an extreme deal. I'm getting one soon, I hope I can get it before they pull the rebate if they do any time soon image

EDIT:

Also, the NVidia GeForce FX is the fastest card on the market right now. BUT, if you turn on anisotropic filtering or antialiasing, for higher image quality, you will find the Radeon's outperform the NVidia equivalent in most cases. So, if you plan to crank up the image quality enhancers (I'm not really looking forward to horizons, looks like they have pretty "basic" graphics so this probably won't be a problem anyway) then ATI is the way to go, but NVidia has some very nice cards out too, so it just depends on what you're looking for.

I suggest these two sites for benchmarks etc...

Tomshardware.com

Anandtech.com

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    I remember buying my 16mb voodoo 3 for $200.... now im buying a 128mb GeForce FX 5200 8X for $60... wow, what a waste!

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

Agreed money wise radeon 9800pro any day over the geforce fx5900.

FX5900 is though the most powerful card around.Still I repeat my dissapointment for them not making the FX5600  like what the ti4200 is to the ti4600.

The fact that only the FX5900 can outpeform even the ti4400 talkless of the ti4600 in the FX series in annoying  since all the TI 4 series could beat the best geforce3 had to offer which was the ti500.

However the price are really tempting for the fx5600 and it still is better then the ti4200.

Meltdown if you have not bought the FX5200 yet i suggest you don't.It is the follow up of the MX series in every detail and you would achieve better play by adding 40 dollars and getting the ti4200 or just a plain radeon 9500 non pro.

The radeon 9500 non pro is 60 percent faster then the fx5200 in direct x 8 and about 30 percent in the direct x 9.

Ti4200 AGP x8 is about similar.

Check out the  links in above post for benchmarks.

• HairfootHairfoot Member Posts: 21

Damn, I have a piece of isht computer, no wonder I'm always getting pwnd.  image

Anyway, the screenshots look like they are very low quality.  Not nearly as good as some of the other shots of the game ive seen. 

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

The GeForce FX 5200 is the entrie DX9 version of the card,  you can buy this for around $80 on-line.  I know the ATI 9700/9800 is one of the best cards,  but they have never won me over with their drivers over the years,  where Nvidia was strong in this field.

I'm always going to be a loyal Nvidia fan,  even if the 5800 was a flop and was named "The dustbuster"... ;)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?